N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 340i
Default Slower with Meth - 06-09-2019, 01:25 PM

I have updated my JB4 with the backend flash firmware. I have a stage 2 flash from MG flasher. The stage 2 flash is great, very smooth, etc. When I put the JB4 on Map 1 for just meth control, the current settings are causing a bunch of hesitations at heavy acceleration.

My goal is to use the JB4 just as a meth controller and get some added power but something is obviously wrong. Going back to Map 0 feels great.

Here are several logs (some with slight settings changed). I'm looking for some guidance on what settings to play with to get this dialed in. I'm at about 60% meth to water mix.
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-13-2019, 12:46 AM

Because you have a BEF I'm not sure you can use that map with WMI. You may have to use map 7. It's probably better if you post in the BEF thread for some answers. I can see that boost is going past the target level and thus, it appears, you are getting closures. That's acting properly, but I'm not sure what you need to do to get around that. You have FOL really high and don't appear to need it. I'd put it back to 0. Also, boost safety should be at default 26psi. Other than that... it looks like you need to get Terry involved to get your target boost on point. Hope this helps... best of luck.