N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 06-02-2019, 05:28 PM

hi @Terry
Can I use the JB4+BEF without the ODB cable? Im interested in using apps like Torque.
Thanks
HR
(#177)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 05:49 PM

The JB4 uses the OBDII for it's tuning so you need to leave it in, and do all logging via the JB4 app.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#178)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Thanks @Terry

one more question, is scaling on the Sport Display correct? looks like is not.

Thanks
HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 uses the OBDII for it's tuning so you need to leave it in, and do all logging via the JB4 app.
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 06:05 PM

No those are just imaginary numbers the tuner enters. I think we left them too high last go around.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
No those are just imaginary numbers the tuner enters. I think we left them too high last go around.
Got it, thanks
(#181)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
@Terry but the HP displayed are accurate?

Thanks
(#182)
Old

Car: 440i
Default 06-03-2019, 07:36 AM

@hermesromeror, no, the display hp/tq are just imaginary/fake/manipulated by the tuner. If you want know the real power, go to a dyno.
(#183)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 06-03-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermesromeror
hi @Terry
Can I use the JB4+BEF without the ODB cable? Im interested in using apps like Torque.
Thanks
HR
I didn’t use cable. I had “Thor” wifi dongle that plugs in into OBD2 and were able to connect wirelessly and flash np
(#184)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic440
@hermesromeror, no, the display hp/tq are just imaginary/fake/manipulated by the tuner. If you want know the real power, go to a dyno.
@Vic440 Thanks!
(#185)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 06-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Here's a little sneak peak of my Pure Stage 1

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |

Last edited by dRDiesel; 06-03-2019 at 03:37 PM..
(#186)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 11:21 AM

Looks good! Hope to hit 500whp with it!

Burger Motorsports

(#187)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-06-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Looks good! Hope to hit 500whp with it!
Hi Terry... From what I'm seeing, can't we get close to that with WMI and BEF? Next question... What's your estimate on the limits of the stock engine and transmission, HP/TQ wise?
(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 08:54 PM

There are a lot of variables... While it's probably possible to hit 500whp on the stock turbo it's not going to be the sort of tune you want to really race with. Would be a "dyno glory" situation. With the PS1 I think you can probably hit 500whp on a good race possible tune. We'll find out soon enough!

Engine will take a ton as long as it's not knocking... Trans has been fine at 500whp levels in our PS2 testing but it's still a bit of an unknown.

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 06-06-2019, 08:58 PM

Jboe, Look into the XHP trans flash if you want to race the AT at high boost levels. There’s a stage 2 and a stage 3.

If you’re MT like me, your (our) **** clutch will be a limiting factor at low gear heavy pulls. My clutch slips when really going for it from 1st to 2nd.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#190)
Old

Default 06-06-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of variables... While it's probably possible to hit 500whp on the stock turbo it's not going to be the sort of tune you want to really race with. Would be a "dyno glory" situation. With the PS1 I think you can probably hit 500whp on a good race possible tune. We'll find out soon enough!

Engine will take a ton as long as it's not knocking... Trans has been fine at 500whp levels in our PS2 testing but it's still a bit of an unknown.
Thanks for the info... sounds good. I'm definitely watching the development of all these options.
(#191)
Old

Default 06-06-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Jboe, Look into the XHP trans flash if you want to race the AT at high boost levels. There’s a stage 2 and a stage 3.

If you’re MT like me, your (our) **** clutch will be a limiting factor at low gear heavy pulls. My clutch slips when really going for it from 1st to 2nd.
Thank you, sir. Great info.
(#192)
Old

Car: 2016 340i RWD
Default 06-08-2019, 07:47 AM

So I reread the entire thread and didn't see the below answer. Setup: Car is a 340i with catted vrsf and agency power intake. Currently running map 3 of the JB4.

What is the whp/torque gain doing the MHD BEF vs just keeping the JB4 map 3?
(#193)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2019, 08:39 AM

We haven't really quantified that yet but the gains even on pump gas are significant. I'd guess around 20-30whp in areas of the curve.

Burger Motorsports

(#194)
Old

Car: 2016 340i RWD
Default 06-09-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
We haven't really quantified that yet but the gains even on pump gas are significant. I'd guess around 20-30whp in areas of the curve.
So on 93 octane, you're saying you've seen 20 to 30 whp gains over just JB4 (on map 3) in my particular set up (vrsf catted, intake)?
(#195)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2019, 10:03 AM

Yes in that range. While boost isn't dramatically different we pull a few tricks with timing and fueling that help power generation.

Burger Motorsports

(#196)
Old

Car: Bmw 340i
Default 06-10-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yes in that range. While boost isn't dramatically different we pull a few tricks with timing and fueling that help power generation.
Hey terry if I’m running jb4 back end flash with xhp stage 3 with e40 mix Catt less down pipe dinan jntake
I wanted to see can I run map 4 or should I strictly run map 3 with the mhd back end flash with ethanol ?

Last edited by Eric97h; 06-10-2019 at 10:41 AM..
(#197)
Old

Default 06-10-2019, 10:32 AM

Here is me trying jb4 map 3 with mhd back end flash e40 mix. My mods are dinan intake vrsf catt less down pipe and mppsk 340i and xhp stage 3 flash
Take a look at my map 3 log
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-08 11_31_06_Map-3.csv (15.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-08 11_32_11_Map-3.csv (13.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-08 11_32_44_Map-3.csv (16.9 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Eric97h; 06-10-2019 at 10:59 AM..
(#198)
Old

Default 06-10-2019, 10:42 AM

Map 4 data log with same mods e40 mix
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-09 22_38_35_Map-4.csv (90.8 KB, 32 views)
(#199)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM

EWG connector right? Set FF to 60 and relog map3 and map4, so we can get boost up closer to the intended target.

Burger Motorsports

(#200)
Old

Default 06-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
EWG connector right? Set FF to 60 and relog map3 and map4, so we can get boost up closer to the intended target.
Ok I will do so and terry is it ok to run map 4 ?