N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert
Default Possible to use AIC 6 w/ JB4 Integration use with MHD and no JB4? - 01-04-2019, 12:12 AM

I have a SS AIC 6 w/ JB4 Integration that I used with my old setup. The car I'm planning to use it on, currently only has a custom ST MHD flash and no JB4. Can it be run like that if it's wired in the regular way, as in if it were just the SS AIC 6 w/out JB4 integration? Are the units exactly the same or will I need to buy one that doesn't come with the JB4 integration option? Thanks!

2008 335i E93 Single turbo
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 01-04-2019, 12:23 PM

Without JB4- or better yet, run the JB4 in general

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert
Default 01-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ Fuel-it!
Without JB4- or better yet, run the JB4 in general
So you are saying I can not run it like this...

I don't plan to run a JB4 on this car.

2008 335i E93 Single turbo
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2019, 01:11 PM

You'll want a JB4 for several reasons. On PI specifically the stand alone PI controller can't compensate for low fuel pressure variances, can't fail safe in the event of an injectors failure or bank to bank trim mismatch, for starters. It was OK 3 years ago when better options didn't exist. But I'd never suggest anyone run that now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 01-07-2019, 06:21 PM

It seems like there was a trend where people just wanted to hate on JB4 and talk about how amazing MHD is when in reality all mhd is an application that helps you reflash your ecu. Idiots like EMP took advantage of this and started doing "custome tunes." I've never lost to a another n54 with mhd flash even custom tunes to this day, JB4 always gave me a much better power band in my honest experience even with their ots tunes. I've always encountered people who use JB4 that are simply incapable of entering the settings right, specially when they buy it second hand from anther owner that butchered the settings or possibly ran meth injection that caused the next car to have multiple issues. If you have a controller that's dedicated to working with the JB4 and having failsafes that other controllers can't provide, I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to run it. I'm seeing alot of second hand owners that state their car never ran right with JB4 but in reality it's due to their own inability to properly research and set things right.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2019, 09:44 PM

One of the best JB4 features is the free tuning advice we provide to anyone running it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 01-07-2019, 09:55 PM

^ x2

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL