N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 01-17-2019, 01:33 AM

Is there a tstat in the cooler? I'd imagine there should be to speed up warmup

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#27)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-18-2019, 11:22 AM

Would this thermostat work in conjunction with the bms transmission cooler?

High-Flow Transmission & Differential Fluid Thermostat FSM-145/165

2007 335i - MHD, VRSF 7" FMIC, PLM *****, Stage 2 Fuel-it!
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
Is there a tstat in the cooler? I'd imagine there should be to speed up warmup
No we decided to skip it to keep cost and install simplicity down, have not seen any need in our testing. But it's the sort of thing you can always add in on your own if you'd like.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 01-19-2019, 08:08 AM

Do you have plans to upgrade the oil cooler?
(#30)
Old

Car: 335i E92 N54
Default 01-21-2019, 04:30 AM

Is this mountable anywhere else? I have the PPK Rad mounted behind that fog light, so I assume this wouldn't fit there now. Is it compatible with RHD?
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2019, 09:35 PM

What makes it so great is we're providing a fully plug and play kit and brackets to match. But you can customize the kit as needed for your specific needs. Doubt it on RHD, but not tested.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 02-03-2019, 04:32 PM

Please , need instructions or pics how to install it. ..Bmw 135I -1M front bumper.
Thanks.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2019, 08:59 PM

Install guide should be on the site, check back there later. I'll see why it's not posted.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-04-2019, 09:51 AM

Install guide is up!

BMS E Chassis BMW Transmission Cooler | BurgerTuning.com

http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...er_install.pdf

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 02-04-2019, 02:24 PM

I see it , Thanks...
(#36)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 4dr
Default 02-19-2019, 12:37 PM

What are the dimensions of this cooler? Also are these AN fittings? I tried looking on your website but there's no technical info...i was hoping to place it on passenger side where my stock oil cooler was.
(#37)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-19-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec347
What are the dimensions of this cooler? Also are these AN fittings? I tried looking on your website but there's no technical info...i was hoping to place it on passenger side where my stock oil cooler was.
I don't have exact dimensions but it's like a 25 row oil cooler -10AN yes.

You removed your engine oil cooler on the passenger side?

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 4dr
Default 02-19-2019, 01:29 PM

I'm in the middle of upgrading...well, pretty much everything. I have the PSP oil cooler with thermostat. So that mounts front and center which would eliminate stock oil cooler. So I figured why not mount tranny cooler there in its place... I can figure out mounting myself. Just wanted to know if its gonna fit (dimensions of cooler itself). Also if I'm going to need longer lines and I was planning on doing another in line thermostat.
Are the factory trans cooler connections 10AN ?

Last edited by vtec347; 02-19-2019 at 01:34 PM..
(#39)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-20-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec347
I'm in the middle of upgrading...well, pretty much everything. I have the PSP oil cooler with thermostat. So that mounts front and center which would eliminate stock oil cooler. So I figured why not mount tranny cooler there in its place... I can figure out mounting myself. Just wanted to know if its gonna fit (dimensions of cooler itself). Also if I'm going to need longer lines and I was planning on doing another in line thermostat.
Are the factory trans cooler connections 10AN ?
Nothing will work unfortunately for the passenger side.
This was all developed for the driverside to be PNP.
Check the install guide and you'll see why.

The factory trans cooler are OEM spec quick disconnect.
Our lines are custom made to accept this so no extra leaks, and AN fittings.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 335i e90 n54
Default BMS TRANSMISSION COOLER DIY VIDEO - 03-10-2019, 06:31 PM

What's up!

I seen quite a bit of interest in a diy for this new cooler, check out the video on my channel.
BURGER MOTORSPORTS TRANSCOOLER (BMW E90 335I) - YouTube
It is very straight forward but I thought maybe some visual reference might help the community out.
Thanks and enjoy!
(#41)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDE90N54
What's up!

I seen quite a bit of interest in a diy for this new cooler, check out the video on my channel.
BURGER MOTORSPORTS TRANSCOOLER (BMW E90 335I) - YouTube
It is very straight forward but I thought maybe some visual reference might help the community out.
Thanks and enjoy!
This is awesome! Thanks for the video.

Trans should shift a bit smoother and crisp from my initial testing.
How is it so far with you?

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 03-12-2019, 03:17 PM

Yes, I like it so far.
Definitely an upgrade from the stock.
I also do notice that the shifts are as smooth as butter and I can pusht the rpms a bit more without having the trans wanting to shift
(#43)
Old

Default Updated BMS Transmission cooler DIY video - 03-23-2019, 05:45 PM

Check out the DIY video on speed theory performance.

BURGER MOTORSPORTS TRANSMISSION COOLER - YouTube