N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default Forced Induction Interchiller - 12-12-2018, 02:58 AM

Anyone had any experience with a universal kit onto B58 from these guys?

In short a system that taps into oem AC circuit to cool charge cooler water ***** - interesting/novel or bonkers ??

https://fiinterchillers.com/project/...-interchiller/

BP

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#2)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 12-12-2018, 03:10 AM

It would be great for 1/4m cars that sit in a queue heating up.
Not sure there is much to be gained if mainly used on the open road/track, a Meth kit would likely be better option for that.
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 12-12-2018, 06:48 AM

We have that installed on our M3. Works great!

F21 M140i - currently stock
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 5.1, 60-130: 6.0
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.6, 60-130: 5.3
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2018, 09:19 AM

Interesting, never heard of doing that but it's a good idea. Data on it?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
GTR guys do it actually IIRC.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 12-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Some lambo guys with twin turbo kits use this to supplement the heat exchangers so they can use smaller cores for better stealth fitment. I heard it puts a huge strain on the ac compressor though and causes it to fail faster than normal. Plus all of the parasitic loss you get with the AC running and sometimes the car runs weird on idle.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#7)
Old

Car: 120i
Default 12-12-2018, 08:53 PM

wait a minute, the AC unit heat exchanger transfers heat form the refrigerant to the low temp inter-cooler water circuit

I found this out when you lose your low temp coolant first thing that happens is your AC stops working.

So when you use your AC your heating up your inter cooler low temp water

I do not think this works unless you also put the hot side of the AC heat exchanger to a separate radiator, does the kit also include that?

Or your just taking the heat out then dumping it back + losses, which end up in actually heating the water up?
(#8)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 12-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM
wait a minute, the AC unit heat exchanger transfers heat form the refrigerant to the low temp inter-cooler water circuit

I found this out when you lose your low temp coolant first thing that happens is your AC stops working.

So when you use your AC your heating up your inter cooler low temp water

I do not think this works unless you also put the hot side of the AC heat exchanger to a separate radiator, does the kit also include that?

Or your just taking the heat out then dumping it back + losses, which end up in actually heating the water up?
From their site
Quote:
HX BYPASS VALVE
In 99.99% of installs the customer is looking for all out drag racing, street racing and daily driving performance, so the front mount heat exchanger is deleted and replaced with the chiller and a reservoir. However should you wish to circuit race your car you may wish to retain your factory heat exchanger. For this we can supply a 4 port bypass valve which will give you ON/OFF control of when you use your heat exchanger. In most cases we recommend you simply delete the heat exchanger and donít bother with the bypass valve. The reason for deleting the heat exchanger is simple, the intercooler fluid is so freezing cold that the front heat exchanger is no longer a cooling aid, it will actually heat up the intercooler fluid.
(#9)
Old
Demigod

Default 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yeah we have ran a few events with the kit this year and won a few events with the kit too :D while everybody was heatsoaking we were running sub ambient temps :D

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#10)
Old

Default 12-13-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
Yeah we have ran a few events with the kit this year and won a few events with the kit too :D while everybody was heatsoaking we were running sub ambient temps :D
Did you retain the factory heat exchanger?
Your car looks like a beast.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2018, 06:17 PM

Steve, we need to get this on your M4!

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-13-2018, 06:31 PM

Sweet...Peter are you a dealer? If so, get us the info and we'll install one on the M4.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#13)
Old

Default 12-14-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Sweet...Peter are you a dealer? If so, get us the info and we'll install one on the M4.
It's an Aussie company, it's popular on supercharged commodores here which is why I brought up the idea of putting one on a B58. Didn't realise it had been done to a S55 but very cool to see.
(#14)
Old
Demigod

Default 12-15-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
We resell these as well. I have sent you a mail. We also plan on putting one on b58.

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-17-2018, 12:36 PM

Thanks...we'll continue via email and get this installed.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.