N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default NEW BMS Solid Rear Differential Brace - 11-21-2018, 11:14 PM

Been testing these on a few of our cars from 300-800+whp. Keeps my rear end planted and more solid when doing pulls. No more wheel hop either, this little modification made a huge difference!!

Features and Benefits:

-Tightens chassis
-Reduces wheel hop
-Reduces differential bearing Load
-Stainless steel hardware included
-Precision made one piece design for a perfect fit
-Heavy-gauge steel construction for maximum strength and durability
-Easy install
-Made in USA

Click the link to purchase special intro price of $99:

BMS Solid Rear Differential Brace

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2018, 11:26 PM

w00t!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 11-22-2018, 04:25 AM

Does this fit M differential on the E82 1M coupe?
(#4)
Old

Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 11-22-2018, 07:26 AM

Nice!! That’s great for you rear wheel drive guys! I remember having the same trouble with my Mustang and traction bars made a huge difference but that was in 1991 lol!!
(#5)
Old

Car: '07 335i 6MT
Default 11-24-2018, 03:15 PM

What is different about this vs other braces that have been on the market?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2018, 04:21 PM

Probably similar. Ours is a one piece design with no welding for longer life. Plus this one comes from BMS so you're supporting us and the forum...

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Does this fit M differential on the E82 1M coupe?
Yes I believe so, I think those are small diff type.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: 2012 335iS
Default 11-25-2018, 10:24 PM

Will this fit a E93 with the undercarriage bracing?
(#9)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 11-26-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes I believe so, I think those are small diff type.

Thanks Terry, but it seems like thereís no place to bolt the brace. Can you advise? Iíve attached a photo

Name:  FFAF12F1-F659-429F-B2DA-A9B27B98B2BD.jpeg
Views: 834
Size:  134.2 KB
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-26-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks Terry, but it seems like thereís no place to bolt the brace. Can you advise? Iíve attached a photo

Attachment 81546
Awesome to see the mass differences in the rear suspension of the 1M vs a regular 1 series. Thank you for the picture, no it will not fit

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-26-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss
Will this fit a E93 with the undercarriage bracing?
It should fit no issues, I don't recall any undercarriage under the rear end. Got any pictures for me to verify for you?

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-27-2018, 07:20 PM

Awesome! Will definitely be adding one of these to my next BMS order
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-27-2018, 10:56 PM

We literally sent out about 20 today. Once you guys get them install and post pictures!

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 2009 535xi
Default 11-29-2018, 12:53 PM

I am going to assume no E60 535xi fitment? Would it even be beneficial? Thanks.

Last edited by eric84405; 11-29-2018 at 01:06 PM..
(#15)
Old

Car: E90' 335i
Default 11-29-2018, 02:16 PM

Curious,did you guys come up with the dimensions?would their be a issue with the bottom bend that connects to rear diff?heard this from the other guy that makes these to before bms did and that the bottom where it tapers should be wider.bms brace is a little cheaper but worried about that.
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-29-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Curious,did you guys come up with the dimensions?would their be a issue with the bottom bend that connects to rear diff?heard this from the other guy that makes these to before bms did and that the bottom where it tapers should be wider.bms brace is a little cheaper but worried about that.
This thing will not break though and fits perfect, it's bent and cut to the exact dimensions. This is much stronger than the welded pieces. I've gone through 2 of them on my 800whp car. This one has no weak points, it is 1/4" steel laser cut and bent on a 40 ton CNC press brake that barely bent it. Imagine if 40 tons could barely bend that what force you need to brake it.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 11-29-2018, 04:06 PM

Would this work on the F30's?

|2018 BMW 340i|M-sport|Track Pack|
|M-Performance exhaust|VRSF|BMS intake|JB4|BMS Meth kit Dual BM7 nozzles|
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-29-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Would this work on the F30's?
No, we are working on that though

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 11-29-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks Terry, but it seems like there’s no place to bolt the brace. Can you advise? I’ve attached a photo

Attachment 81546
Oh dang that's a nice 1m!

Im pretty sure it's because the diff has cooling fins and is a different design there won't be a place to bolt the brace onto it. I wish there was an option for us guys with M diffs.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#20)
Old

Car: E90' 335i
Default 11-29-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
This thing will not break though and fits perfect, it's bent and cut to the exact dimensions. This is much stronger than the welded pieces. I've gone through 2 of them on my 800whp car. This one has no weak points, it is 1/4" steel laser cut and bent on a 40 ton CNC press brake that barely bent it. Imagine if 40 tons could barely bend that what force you need to brake it.
thanks for clearing it up!will be ordering one!
(#21)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-29-2018, 10:25 PM

What happens if a bushing fails while this is in place ? Would it risk cracking the subframe its bolted to or the diff casing itself ??? Bushings are used for a reason, this deletes it out of the equation.
(#22)
Old

Default 11-29-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
A 40 ton press would bent it like butter. I can bend (and do so on a daily basis), 1/4" steel with a bench vise and vise grips with a small piece of tubing for leverage. Its a nice piece, the product will sell itself. On another note, any others that are welded, if done CORRECTLY will be just as strong. I reinforce suspensions ( make custom parts as well) and car frames on a daily basis and am also certified welder for oil refineries.
(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-30-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
A 40 ton press would bent it like butter. I can bend (and do so on a daily basis), 1/4" steel with a bench vise and vise grips with a small piece of tubing for leverage. Its a nice piece, the product will sell itself. On another note, any others that are welded, if done CORRECTLY will be just as strong. I reinforce suspensions ( make custom parts as well) and car frames on a daily basis and am also certified welder for oil refineries.
It depends on the area you are actually bending, maybe his press brake is weak. I doubt it though because his 55 ton press brake that isnt CNC took some force too.

Welding has weak points comparing to a solid piece, period. We've done the testing, along with a certified aerospace welder lol... still broke. This is the best way about it to be honest.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 06:18 PM

Yeah, its a good thing Navy ships, Bridges, Cranes used to build skyscrapers and lift TONS worth of steels beams , submarines, fighter jets to protect countries, tanks, etc are made out of 1 piece for strength !
Relax Payam, just messn with you. As I said , its a nice piece and Im sure will sell well.
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 06:39 PM

I think Payam's point was he's broken two of them from another vendor (who he's purposely not naming to avoid a flame war), before we decided to just make our own one piece units. And the one piece units have been solid for us.

Burger Motorsports