Old

Car: '08 335xi E92
Default 02-10-2019, 09:25 AM

Any updates? Thanks
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2019, 06:12 PM

Yes have the basics all worked out, got sidetracked with the N54 automatic launch mode.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-11-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes have the basics all worked out, got sidetracked with the N54 automatic launch mode.
It's been raining like crazy here so hopefully this week I'll be able to bring it by since I think it stopped for a few days?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 02-18-2019, 09:17 AM

Does the current Fuel-It analyzer that wires into the JB4 not play a role in modifying fueling when also running port injection?

I have the kit on my N54 along with the JB4, PI, and PI Controller, but do not have the system activated or the BEF for it since I'm busy chasing ghost with air temp issues.

2009 335i DCT, VRSF Inlets & 3" Down "Tubes", On3 Intercooler, E.R. Hardpipe, Tial BOV, JB4, Walbro 450, 93 octane, 397HP/385TQ Mustang Dyno
1979 Malibu, 6.0, Powerglide, twin 6673's
1995 Tercel 4-speed, Haltech Elite 1000, GT2560R
1992 Protťgť, GTX Swap, MS-II, eBay T3/T4 hybrid .50
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 09:33 AM

Yes it can, the JB4 can be set to scale port injection on E85 mixture. Technically speaking the way the MHD flex fuel works you can use their kit or the Fuel-IT kit. The fee is on the MHD side when you load the E85 integrated compatible flash. Still sorting out the details, weather around here is not cooperating!

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2019, 07:50 PM

Making some progress here, could use a few testers. If you have a flex fuel kit installed and want better integration via the MHD back end flash drop me an email.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 02-24-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Making some progress here, could use a few testers. If you have a flex fuel kit installed and want better integration via the MHD back end flash drop me an email.
Which kit do we need? I've been waiting on you tell me what to buy. I can get the Fuel it kit or the Motiv one

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2019, 08:27 PM

We're partial to the Fuel-IT kit. But either one works.

Technically speaking the analyzer sends in a 0-5v signal to the ECU relating to actual E85 mixture. And then the the JB4 reads this signal from the ECU and uses that to direct the tuning. MHD has ~$99 fee to unlock the new table blending which is automatically detected when you go to load the FLEX BEF and prompts you to buy a license for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Default 02-25-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
We're partial to the Fuel-IT kit. But either one works.

Technically speaking the analyzer sends in a 0-5v signal to the ECU relating to actual E85 mixture. And then the the JB4 reads this signal from the ECU and uses that to direct the tuning. MHD has ~$99 fee to unlock the new table blending which is automatically detected when you go to load the FLEX BEF and prompts you to buy a license for it.
Thatís what I thought. So do we need motivís flex fuel box thing or does the JB4 replace that?

09 335 - 6266
(#36)
Old

Default 02-28-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Thatís what I thought. So do we need motivís flex fuel box thing or does the JB4 replace that?
Curious of this also. Iíd be willing to help test it out.
(#37)
Old

Car: 335xi 2010 E90
Default 03-03-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
@Terry did you found a way to enable the launch on N54? I could not find any message mentioning it yet

2010 E90 335XI 6AT with XPH stage 3 | JB4 G5 W/Trebila Tune | RB Next Gen | RB hot side INLETs | Fuel-IT stage 1 LPFP | ETS FMIC | MODDED VRSF CP | FORGE DV | BMS METH KIT CM10+CM5 & HYBRID PORT INJECTION | AR DESIGN cer. downP | BMS OCC | RB external PCV w/plugged HEAD | Best 1/4: 11.47@123mph
(#38)
Old

Default 03-07-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis336
Curious of this also. Iíd be willing to help test it out.
I talked to Terry via email and learned that we can use Fuel-It's or Motiv's flex fuel unit. The JB4 will read E content from the DME.

I don't have either yet, but I am down to order one, kinda hoping someone else can confirm it works first.

09 335 - 6266
(#39)
Old

Car: 07 345i
Default 03-24-2019, 12:44 AM

Any updates? Do I just do regular install of everything and which bef do we want to use with it? Plan is e50
(#40)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 08:55 AM

Is anyone testing this? I have the line and the sensor but not an analyzer yet. I think a lot of people would make use of this if there was just a little bit of documentation out there.

Edit: Ordered the analyzer from Motiv

09 335 - 6266

Last edited by Milan; 03-28-2019 at 01:23 PM..
(#41)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 05:53 AM

I have the fuel-it flex fuel kit and it’s hard wired into my JB4. Reads perfectly on my JB4 gauge. Where do I download the Flex Fuel BEF that allows interpolation?
(#42)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis336
I have the fuel-it flex fuel kit and itís hard wired into my JB4. Reads perfectly on my JB4 gauge. Where do I download the Flex Fuel BEF that allows interpolation?
I downloaded the latest BEF maps and it looks like the flex fuel is in all of the of the folders except the I8A0S?