N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 540i G30
Default B58 duty bias adjustment - 06-06-2018, 08:01 PM

If I were to say zero out the default duty bias values what what exactly will that effect? Spool up time? Target boost? Thanks.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-06-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedowesix
If I were to say zero out the default duty bias values what what exactly will that effect? Spool up time? Target boost? Thanks.
If you have EWG cable should change your duty cycle resolution. We usually have it at default 50 across all rpm with EWG cable.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
If you have EWG cable should change your duty cycle resolution. We usually have it at default 50 across all rpm with EWG cable.
I do hve he EWG cable. The default show for the B58 are max of 30. So you say to put them all to 50? What exactly does that effect on?
(#4)
Old

Car: 335 cpe
Default 06-07-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I do hve he EWG cable. The default show for the B58 are max of 30. So you say to put them all to 50? What exactly does that effect on?
I am interested in knowing as well. Mine has been setup ramping up at low rpm from 15 to 30.

I do have a EWG harness as well.

What will setting it at 50 do? Will it help the control of the WG?
(#5)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19
I am interested in knowing as well. Mine has been setup ramping up at low rpm from 15 to 30.

I do have a EWG harness as well.

What will setting it at 50 do? Will it help the control of the WG?
Can terry or someone please chime in.... thanks.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-07-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Can terry or someone please chime in.... thanks.
Leave it at default values. I was looking at a different tab when giving you the values.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31429

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Leave it at default values. I was looking at a different tab when giving you the values.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31429

So those values stay the same with or without EWG wires....?
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
So those values stay the same with or without EWG wires....?
Without the EWG wires, those values mean nothing.

Burger Motorsports