N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 07-22-2017, 10:51 AM

One question I have on the code clearing, does the auto code clear still work but I lose the ability to clear codes from the app?

*Never mind I found the answer.

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila

Last edited by zole2112; 07-22-2017 at 10:59 AM..
(#152)
Old

Car: 2013 335i sportline
Default 07-22-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112
yes, the E85 can vary from 50% to 83%, the 93 octane has a ethanol % added as well. I will add the ethanol testing at some point.
So you never know what you really have

2013 335i sportline pwg 8at~jb4 iso~e40~bms oil cooler valve~bms intake~wagner c-less~ap catback~phoenix ic~gfb dv+~pure inlet pipe~er tic pipe~vrsf cp~ngk's @ .022~h&r super sports~437m
(#153)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 07-22-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicmadek
So you never know what you really have
That is correct, the only way to know is to use an analyzer. To me that seems a pretty wide range but apparently Wisconsin gives them a wide range of ethanol content while still allowing it to be labeled as e85. I use the same station all of the time for both my 93 octane and my e85 with the same ratio 50/50 hoping I get at least some consistency. My car has run excellent since i have been doing this so I'm not complaining. Eventually I will get the ethanol analyzer, not in my budget at the moment.

E85 Specification
ASTM International developed a specification for gasoline-ethanol blends containing 51%-83% ethanol to ensure proper vehicle starting, operation, and safety in varying temperature conditions

It gets cold here in the winter so lower ethanol content is used then, that sucks

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#154)
Old

Car: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Default 07-22-2017, 05:57 PM

Did a few test runs today after flashing the BEF back to my stock flash and trying out map 5. This is about the 6th pull, any suggestions?
(#155)
Old

Default 07-22-2017, 11:09 PM

Did we ever figure out the issue with trims getting stuck at 25? I'm seeing that in some of my logs and I'm pretty sure it's causing some issues.
(#156)
Old

Car: 2013 F21 M135i MT
Default 07-23-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afranke
Did we ever figure out the issue with trims getting stuck at 25? I'm seeing that in some of my logs and I'm pretty sure it's causing some issues.
Same here, I've even noticed if i carry on logging getting off WOT , the trims are still stuck at 25.

2013 F21 M135i 6MT
JB4 / PWG / BMS intake / BMS meth kit / FSB / ER CP / Down Pipe / VTT stg1 / Pure inlet / GFB DV+ / AFE air scoop / N20 Tmap / Rev3 Connect / M performance exhaust / ACS springs / H&R Trak spacers / M Performance V2 steering
(#157)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 07-24-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Same

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | JB4/ACF Performance w/BM3 | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
The DME does that during lean spool mode. Have a log of it handy?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#159)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 09:18 AM

In the log I emailed you yesterday where you said It was rich and needed to be leaned out, the trims stuck at 25 after both gear shifts and the HPFP dropped below 10 both times.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | JB4/ACF Performance w/BM3 | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
(#160)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The DME does that during lean spool mode. Have a log of it handy?
I have some from this morning where it happens when I'm off the gas, but I see in other logs where it ranges from 27 down to 15 in the same circumstances.

I also noticed today that at idle sitting at a light, my trims were going above 40 for awhile before dropping back down to 25 (that's in 2017-07-24 09_32_24.csv).
(#161)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 09:22 AM

Two more 'maybes' from last night
(#162)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Better one of high trim at idle (perhaps entirely unrelated?)
(#163)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2017, 09:30 AM

Trims go to 25 when the DME goes in to DFCO (cuts fuel while decelerating), so that is all normal behavior in the two logs I opened up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#164)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Trims go to 25 when the DME goes in to DFCO (cuts fuel while decelerating), so that is all normal behavior in the two logs I opened up.
I thought it might be, those were just some of the logs I had on this computer that had 25 in the trims repeatedly (I did a lazy grep).

One problem I've been noticing that I posted in the JB4 interface thread is that maybe is a firmware issue is that the logging 'freezes' as does the JB4 interface most of the time when this occurs. When I disconnect and reconnect, there are no logs from that pull. That makes logging for anything quite difficult. Only happens under WOT, and most often on map 3 (I don't recall it happening on map 5).
(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2017, 09:40 AM

You'll want to get that resolved then. If it's the windows interface maybe try JB4 mobile, if JB4 mobile try the windows interface, to see if its just a software thing on your end. Logging should always work.

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 09:42 AM

It's the iOS JB4 interface, I suppose I can break out the laptop and hook it up at lunch today. Any idea about the high trim at idle? Is that something mechanical?
(#167)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 05:40 PM

With the iso should i keep the maf unplugged still with bms intake?

2013 335i sportline pwg 8at~jb4 iso~e40~bms oil cooler valve~bms intake~wagner c-less~ap catback~phoenix ic~gfb dv+~pure inlet pipe~er tic pipe~vrsf cp~ngk's @ .022~h&r super sports~437m
(#168)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2017, 05:41 PM

IF your car runs better with the MAF unplugged you can leave it disconnected, but you'll have a CEL for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#169)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
IF your car runs better with the MAF unplugged you can leave it disconnected, but you'll have a CEL for it.
Oh i know about the cel 😡. So if i have rough cold starts will it run rough while driving too? When i first installed the intake i had rough starts so i unplugged maf and never looked back.

(#170)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default error code - 07-25-2017, 02:17 AM

after iso t7_6

i allways get error

180001 ******* ******** detecet

i delete it but its back after few hour

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#171)
Old

Default 07-25-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
thats what i thought. i made 4-5 pulls before logging so that ff would go up and avg ign would come down. outside temp was 91f. Fp_l is way lower than it used to be before iso!
Ive noticed in every log ive ever done my boost is always low just in 4th gear. Its really good in 3rd then falls way down in 4th then back up in 5th.

(#172)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Oh i know about the cel 😡. So if i have rough cold starts will it run rough while driving too? When i first installed the intake i had rough starts so i unplugged maf and never looked back.
The MAF only seems to be used during cold start idle and low throttle operation.

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old

Default 07-27-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Ive noticed in every log ive ever done my boost is always low just in 4th gear. Its really good in 3rd then falls way down in 4th then back up in 5th.
Thoughts terry?

(#174)
Old

Default 07-29-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
I think Dejan is going to try it, heís stage 1 though, not stock but close lol I flashed back to my stock map and itís WAY better than the previous logs I just posted lol I lost all confidence in Ricardo, what little I had left for him after he went ghost.
I haven't got around to cutting the diode yet but I have the firmware. I sourced an extra jb4 board in case I get issues I want a working boost controller.

Yeah...Ricardo.. left you incomplete..left me incomplete. I have never seen such poor business sense its unreal, the guy would jump over a dollar to make .10 cents I just don't get it. Whatever we have Dzennooo

-Dejan-
(#175)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Thoughts terry?
Where is the CSV log you want me to look at?

Burger Motorsports