N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2576)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchupfreak
Which temp setting should I be monitoring in the JB4 app after a heat exchanger install? Also, what temps should I be aiming for?
We call it IAT in the JB4 logs, it's the charge air temperature. Temperature of air entering the engine post intercooler.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2577)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 RS AWD
Default 05-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Hi Terry,

A feature request, I'll put $50 PayPal to you on it, and I'm sure others would be willing to pitch it.

Real time knock sensor readout.

In all my Subarus, our Cobb accessport timer had gauges similar to the JB4 app. It offered FEEDBACK KNOCK and FINE KNOCK LEARNING so you could see in real time how the engine it's taking to your fuel quality. Very nice instead of having to pull and view a datalog to look at ign1 values.

Is there anything similar that can be read and displayed for the Q50?

Sometimes I can hear and feel the knock if hot out and loading in low rpms... The engine must be advertising this info.

Thank you!

2018 Q50 RS400 AWD (w/Sport Mufflers)

Loving the ride...
(#2578)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 05-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsRamAir
Hi Terry,

A feature request, I'll put $50 PayPal to you on it, and I'm sure others would be willing to pitch it.

Real time knock sensor readout.

In all my Subarus, our Cobb accessport timer had gauges similar to the JB4 app. It offered FEEDBACK KNOCK and FINE KNOCK LEARNING so you could see in real time how the engine it's taking to your fuel quality. Very nice instead of having to pull and view a datalog to look at ign1 values.

Is there anything similar that can be read and displayed for the Q50?

Sometimes I can hear and feel the knock if hot out and loading in low rpms... The engine must be advertising this info.

Thank you!
Yes this is great request. This would tell a lot about what brands of fuels are harmful.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2579)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-06-2018, 05:46 PM

Sounds like a good/handy feature.. I’ll +1 it also

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-D0WNP!PES + Catback[resonated]
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#2580)
Old

Car: Infiniti q60
Default 05-06-2018, 05:58 PM

I'm new here guys!! Installed jb4 on my 17' q60 awd premium. Loving it, this things got some balls now haha. I was wondering if anybodys got some configurations for map 6 to try out!? Running 93.
(#2581)
Old

Default 05-06-2018, 07:03 PM

I copied one from the forums that a guy posted (post #1140) from user slowjoe for the Q50 Sliver Sport

-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#2582)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsRamAir
The ECU is so fast it pulls timing on a per cylinder basis before you can even hear knock, and if it pulls enough timing fast enough it throws a code. Additional logging for stock turbo applications is useless but at some point people will start bolting on much larger turbos and for when that time comes we do plan to improve the logging channels.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2583)
Old

Default 05-06-2018, 10:29 PM

What updates can we expect soon? Nothing has been announced or teased

-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#2584)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 05-07-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Today I had a chance to do some testing with BMS intake at idle.
Idea was to turn on the car and let it idle for 20 minutes under the sun light and see how much IAT rises.
We did this because some people were worried about heat soak which we already proved as a myth with our n54 DCI.

Goal is to do the same testing with OEM intake and compare.
Tried the same test in 65 degree weather at night. My IAT continued to rise to about 140 degrees after idling for 20 minutes. Not exactly sure why that is the case.
(#2585)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainar1
Tried the same test in 65 degree weather at night. My IAT continued to rise to about 140 degrees after idling for 20 minutes. Not exactly sure why that is the case.
RS or SS?

Burger Motorsports

(#2586)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
What updates can we expect soon? Nothing has been announced or teased
When we want to post something we will. No reason for you to continually ask the same questions in the thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#2587)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 05-07-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
RS or SS?
SS. I have an Infiniti Sport exhaust (no mufflers), JB4 on Map 1 and BMS intake.

Honestly though, it may have something to do with my install. I'm not sure if it was due to my intake being from the initial production batch, but the install was a bit rough. Required some bending of the heat shields on both sides to clear certain engine components. And required quite a bit of manipulating of the factory inlet hoses to get the brackets and intakes to seat right. It's still not perfect, but they work as is and the current fitment is the best I could get out of my kit.
(#2588)
Old

Thumbs up 05-07-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
When we want to post something we will. No reason for you to continually ask the same questions in the thread.
Fair enough I guess. In that case, I shall wait.....

-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#2589)
Old

Car: Infiniti q60
Default 05-10-2018, 05:53 PM

This jb4 makes a huge difference!! Map 6 is the ****
(#2590)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainar1
SS. I have an Infiniti Sport exhaust (no mufflers), JB4 on Map 1 and BMS intake.

Honestly though, it may have something to do with my install. I'm not sure if it was due to my intake being from the initial production batch, but the install was a bit rough. Required some bending of the heat shields on both sides to clear certain engine components. And required quite a bit of manipulating of the factory inlet hoses to get the brackets and intakes to seat right. It's still not perfect, but they work as is and the current fitment is the best I could get out of my kit.
It might be that your car is logging MAF temperature rather than charge air temperature. I've seen it on a couple cars. There are maybe 6 temperature channels that spit out in an array and the JB4 picks out the right one to display. The only channel we care about is charge air temperature (air temp entering engine after turbo and intercooler) and that won't change much from moment to moment. If your temperature is rising quickly when stopped and dropping quickly when moving it's the wrong parameter.

Burger Motorsports

(#2591)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 05-11-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
It might be that your car is logging MAF temperate rather than charge air temperature. I've seen it on a couple cars. There are maybe 6 temperature channels that spit out in an array. The only one we care about is charge air temperature (air temp entering engine after turbo and intercooler) and that won't change much from moment to moment. If your temperature is rising quickly when stopped and dropping quickly when moving it's the wrong parameter.
Hi terry. This is what we’re seeing, or at least a few people that I know who have jb4. The IAT in our jb4 interface changes sharply moment to moment depending on how fast the car is moving. Can you please have this looked at and verified. Thank you.
(#2592)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Hi terry. This is what we’re seeing, or at least a few people that I know who have jb4. The IAT in our jb4 interface changes sharply moment to moment depending on how fast the car is moving. Can you please have this looked at and verified. Thank you.
Interesting, I guess the better question is who has it working properly? It's fine in our test cars and other local cars I've checked. Perhaps a model year or ECU software variance we'll need to accomidate for.

Burger Motorsports

(#2593)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 05-11-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Interesting, I guess the better question is who has it working properly? It's fine in our test cars and other local cars I've checked. Perhaps a model year or ECU software variance we'll need to accomidate for.
Here’s a short list of other jb4 users that I compared with..
2016 q50 rs RWD Los Angeles CA
2017 q50 rs RWD Los Angeles CA
2018 q50 rs AWD San Francisco CA
2017 q60 prem AWD New York
2017 q60 prem AWD Texas
2017 q50 prem AWD Tennessee
(#2594)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2018, 11:02 AM

If anyone local has the issue would be helpful to swing by our office so we can pull some more advanced CANbus data off the car and fix the bug!

Alternatively if anyone has a BMS data cable and knows how to use a serial emulator like RealTerm we could sort it remotely.

Burger Motorsports

(#2595)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 05-11-2018, 12:28 PM

I'm in South Carolina and my IAT will rise at a stop light and then cool off after i start moving a bit. Once I slow down it starts to rise again.

Terry are you saying this isn't normal?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2596)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
I'm in South Carolina and my IAT will rise at a stop light and then cool off after i start moving a bit. Once I slow down it starts to rise again.

That's pretty normal actually.

Burger Motorsports

(#2597)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty

MAF intake temperature is normal, but charge air temperature should remain relatively stable.

Burger Motorsports

(#2598)
Old

Car: Q60SS
Default 05-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If anyone local has the issue would be helpful to swing by our office so we can pull some more advanced CANbus data off the car and fix the bug!

Alternatively if anyone has a BMS data cable and knows how to use a serial emulator like RealTerm we could sort it remotely.
Terry,
I'll be buying a JB4 for my SS in a bit. I work with uc's a bunch and use RealTerm SuperPutty etc extensively. Will let you know once installed
jim
(#2599)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantoro
Terry,
I'll be buying a JB4 for my SS in a bit. I work with uc's a bunch and use RealTerm SuperPutty etc extensively. Will let you know once installed
jim
Thanks. Was able to get some data and will play around next week to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2600)
Old

Car: Q50 silver sport
Default 05-14-2018, 02:30 PM

So I just upgraded my jb1 to jb4.. is there another program that I need to download.. or can I just use the program I used to adjust the boost on the jb1..

Only reason I’m asking is because I see the .hex files on the first page.. I try to download them and they can’t be read.. so idk what I’m doing wrong lol