N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML_Performance_UK
Very similar figure to the JB4 on map 1!
Yes, not too far off. But then again, JB4 map1 is just getting started, while that is the end of the road for the JB+, so it comes down to what your power requirements really are.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 04:26 PM

Some logs from the dyno. Note, 91 octane really sucks. I used the JB4 in bypass mode to record logs for one of the stock and JB+ runs so we'd have some data points. "iavg" is the boost as read from the intake manifold.

Stock:
Name:  stock_log.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  44.2 KB

JB+ (dial at max):
Name:  jbplus_log.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  44.1 KB

JB4 Map1 5e firmware:
Name:  jb4_map1_log.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  43.5 KB

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Car: E90 LCI
Default 02-21-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, not too far off. But then again, JB4 map1 is just getting started, while that is the end of the road for the JB+, so it comes down to what your power requirements really are.
Makes a lot of sense, can't wait to stock these when they are available!

Keep up the good work Terry.

Marshall Lee | Founder of ML Performance

Genuine BMW Performance Parts

Authorised UK Dealer for:
Fuel-It, Gecko, cp-e, MFactory, Eventuri, Quaife, SPEC clutches, Mishimoto, Wagner, Marshall Turbo, H&R, Bilstein, TheTurboEngineers, Turbosmart, VRSF & Burger Motorsports

T: +(44) 1784 479 840
M: +(44) 7590 917 331
E: sales@mlperformance.co.uk
W: www.mlperformance.co.uk
(#29)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 02-21-2017, 06:09 PM

Was the dyno on max dial? How much you think it pick up on 93? 98?

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 08:01 PM

Yes dial at max. I expect relative gains to be similar on 93 octane. Hopefully once out in the wild we'll see more dyno testing done. The same unit is also BMW B48 compatible and I'll post some B48 runs next week.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-21-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Some logs from the dyno. Note, 91 octane really sucks. I used the JB4 in bypass mode to record logs for one of the stock and JB+ runs so we'd have some data points. "iavg" is the boost as read from the intake manifold.

Stock:
Attachment 59825

JB+ (dial at max):
Attachment 59824

JB4 Map1 5e firmware:
Attachment 59823
So from my understanding the jb+ looks to hit a full 15lbs of boost 1500rpm before the JB4 map1? Stock boost being 10-11lbs. AFR between the two looks identical as well.

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 08:37 PM

The JB+ is a more blunt tuning tool, can't do boost by gear, boost by RPM, etc. We've tuned map1 for a more progressive transition down low, while map2 is tuned more aggressively.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-21-2017, 08:50 PM

Sounds good. I definitely look forward to giving a try out. I daily my car and give it hell so we'll find any faults if there are any. Then maybe this summer/fall we'll crack fueling or I'll just get meth. Either way I'll upgrade to jb4 later for more potential.

Does the jb+ need anytime for the ecu to learn? If not I'll get us some track times too. Granted our track is notoriously.3-.5 slower than average tracks in the country, it'll be good to see a before and after.

(#34)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 02-22-2017, 03:36 AM

I'm disappointed not to be able to get in on this as of now (Terry confirms US only).

I hope you can arrange to import them to UK, perhaps via Marshall who has already posted, ASAP...
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru
Sounds good. I definitely look forward to giving a try out. I daily my car and give it hell so we'll find any faults if there are any. Then maybe this summer/fall we'll crack fueling or I'll just get meth. Either way I'll upgrade to jb4 later for more potential.

Does the jb+ need anytime for the ecu to learn? If not I'll get us some track times too. Granted our track is notoriously.3-.5 slower than average tracks in the country, it'll be good to see a before and after.
Like anything takes a couple runs for the DME to fully adapt. The more serious performance guys are going to want the JB4 for all it has to offer. But, we like to cover both ends of the market, and give our customers an upgrade path should they transition from casual to more serious as they go.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAginge
I'm disappointed not to be able to get in on this as of now (Terry confirms US only).

I hope you can arrange to import them to UK, perhaps via Marshall who has already posted, ASAP...
Yes USA only for this first batch, but assuming all goes to plan, we should have this up on our site for general sale in a couple weeks. I want to ensure those initial 10 go smoothly first.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Sedan
Default 02-22-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yes USA only for this first batch, but assuming all goes to plan, we should have this up on our site for general sale in a couple weeks. I want to ensure those initial 10 go smoothly first.
Will this be available for sale in the great state of California?

Present-2016 340i, Alpine White, Black, M-sport, 6-MT, Track Handling, Tech pkgs
Past-2011 E90 335i, Alpine White, Ivory, Sport, Premium, Steptronic
Past-2008 E90 335i, TiAg, Grey, ZSP, Steptronic, 6FL, Wagner FMIC, Bilstein B12 Pro-kit, M3 control arms, SS F/R brake lines
(#38)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-22-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Like anything takes a couple runs for the DME to fully adapt. The more serious performance guys are going to want the JB4 for all it has to offer. But, we like to cover both ends of the market, and give our customers an upgrade path should they transition from casual to more serious as they go.
Oh I'll definitely upgrade probably by end of summer. I'll probably go to meth.

This should satisfy me for now since my car is basically new lol

(#39)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 02-22-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Win, that's not too far away!
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2017, 10:51 AM

Have not had a chance yet to make an installation guide, but will work on that later this weekend. It just plugs in to the TMAP sensor on the chargepipe. It's the only 3-position plug on there that it will fit in to.

Once you guys get it installed post up some photos!

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Car: 340i
Default JB4+ installed! - 02-24-2017, 12:45 PM

Got my JB+ yesterday and installed it. Wait for the car to shutdown, open hood, pop off the engine cover and look down center front disconnect the tmap sensor and plug the JB4+ in between the connector and socket.

Pretty much what I was hoping for slightly better throttle response and a little more power mid and top end. After the turbo kicks in you feel a slightly stronger punch.
Attached Images

Last edited by ehonda; 02-24-2017 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: pic
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2017, 12:48 PM

Photos need to be sized/compressed to less than 200k to display...

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 02-24-2017, 12:56 PM

Fixed the pic size. Forgot to ask is the dial set to max by default?
(#44)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-24-2017, 02:31 PM

Got mine today too. Definitely can feel it throughout the range. But quite a bit more torque in the midrange. I can feel the tires holding on for dear life when you floor it around 3500rpm in 2nd. Can hear the turbo more I guess since obviously more boost.

Speaking of boost. I forgot to turn it up to max setting lol

(#45)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-24-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonda
Fixed the pic size. Forgot to ask is the dial set to max by default?
From my understanding it's set to 3-3.5lbs by default

(#46)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-24-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonda
Got my JB+ yesterday and installed it. Wait for the car to shutdown, open hood, pop off the engine cover and look down center front disconnect the tmap sensor and plug the JB4+ in between the connector and socket.

Pretty much what I was hoping for slightly better throttle response and a little more power mid and top end. After the turbo kicks in you feel a slightly stronger punch.
I opened my hood first since opening door to your car wakes car back up.

(#47)
Old

Car: F32 B48
Default 02-24-2017, 08:04 PM

Gentlemens can i buy it already?! I'm checking website everyday and is not there yet !

Damn I can't wait!!!
(#48)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-26-2017, 05:40 AM

The power is definitely more pronounced in sport plus. I have mine turned to max boost. Mine spins the tires rolling into it in 3rd. I have 255 bridgestone s001's out back with only 4k miles. The pull in midrange is addicting. You can hear and feel the boost Building hard around 3k tons.

I'm about to order intake and midpipe. Then in a few months I'll upgrade to jb4. I have good fuel here so I'm itching to see what map 2 will be when it's complete.

(#49)
Old

Car: F32 B48
Default 02-26-2017, 06:43 AM

Gentlemens do you still need a people for testing?

2017 F32 Coupe 430i xdrive (b48)
Full stock (5k on it)
Location US New Jersey.

Please guys I ready to pay full price

Last edited by avetny; 02-26-2017 at 06:55 AM..
(#50)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-26-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avetny
Gentlemens do you still need a people for testing?

2017 F32 Coupe 430i xdrive (b48)
Full stock (5k on it)
Location US New Jersey.

Please guys I ready to pay full price
Gentleman, I do not believe he is taking b48 testers yet or if he ever is.

However I think it should be for sale in 2-3 weeks