N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335xi 6MT
Default 08-13-2014, 06:28 AM

We put the DWS on our E70 X5. Great tire for that vehicle. One thing that seems to help is every so often, I'd cross rotate side to side instead of front to back, or use an X-pattern of rotation. It seems to help with the feathering that you get on the outside edge. Seems to help keep the tires quiet. Anyone else rotate like this? I've done the side to side rotation thing on our E90 with RFTs and it also seemed to even out the tread wear and feathering.
(#27)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-11-2014, 06:14 PM

Installed my DWs for 3 months now. My everyday drive are back roads where I can drive a "little spirited" with lots of turns. The DWs have a little more sway and bounce than my original RFT that sometimes it gets a little scary. I think its good for the price but will be trying something else next time.
(#28)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 11-13-2014, 11:01 AM

DWS my favorite since I started driving 4yrs ago.
DWS on my RWD Cadillac STS, DWS on my BMW 328xi sedan, DWS on my M.Benz C300 4matic Sport .. And currently going to ride out my Goodyear Ls-2 RFT crap on my X3 and will be putting DWS as well.

In my area (NYC) North East we get all weather, harsh winters and there's not 1 tire for the price that provides the best overall bang for your bucks. Best UHP that will not leave you stuck in the Winter.
(#29)
Old

Car: 11' N55 E90
Default 11-21-2014, 06:40 AM

The DW are a huge improvement over the stock RFT.

Iím on the fence about the DW, I need to replace my summer set of Michelin PSS next year, not sure if I want to downgrade to the DW from my current PSS although the pricing of the DW is attractive.

'11 E90 MSport / BMS : JB4 - Stage 2 ISO, ********, Intake, OCC, Low Temperature Thermostat / ETS 5" FMIC / Evolution Racewerks CP / Swift R-Spec Springs on Koni Yellow's.