N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2501)
Old
N54 enthusiast

Car: 2009 335 E93
Default 06-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb
If it is happening near redline, it is the shift light. The steering wheel control guide says it can be turned on or off, but I have not tried yet. I have the February update JB4 and get the shiftlights on my auto trans left in D.
I've been wondering if the exterior flashers light up as well when shift lights come on or if it's only the dash lights

2009 335 E93 - Cobb FSR Protune - Custom FSR 4" Exhaust
(#2502)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Interior only, lol!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2503)
Old

Car: 08 e90 sedan
Default Futureused - 06-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Is there a central place that contains all the variables for FutureUseD parameter?
(#2504)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2011, 02:51 PM

No, just the release notes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2505)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 06-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Can't wait for the max cool!!

I've been playing with the radiator fan at 100% by BT tool. I think I might replace the 600w fan with the 850w fan. Is this possible or do I need to have BMW program it also?
(#2506)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 06-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX
Can't wait for the max cool!!

I've been playing with the radiator fan at 100% by BT tool. I think I might replace the 600w fan with the 850w fan. Is this possible or do I need to have BMW program it also?
where are you getting the 850w fan from please?
(#2507)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM

4) Enabled methanol mapping additive and overflow failsafe for user definable map 6 as well as map 3.

Map 6 is a custom map as I understand ? I can have this as an aggressive map for the strip, with the race gas to get the most power out of it ? Thanks !
(#2508)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie335
where are you getting the 850w fan from please?
They usually come with the Performance Power Kit but I wanna try ordering the M3 fan by itself from Tischer.
(#2509)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
4) Enabled methanol mapping additive and overflow failsafe for user definable map 6 as well as map 3.

Map 6 is a custom map as I understand ? I can have this as an aggressive map for the strip, with the race gas to get the most power out of it ? Thanks !
The most common use would be to setup the curve you want for say pump gas, and then use a smaller meth additive of say 20-30 to pump boost above that on meth. Just remember the lower the meth additive relative to total overall boost the less room the safety system has to work with.

Burger Motorsports

(#2510)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Hey Terry,
need any help to test metric scaling on any of the new gauge options?
(#2511)
Old
n54 addict

Car: 2008 335i
Default 06-01-2011, 10:51 PM

What about economy map 4? Any chances this will work soon?

2008 335i JB4, DCI, AA ***, Coolingmist meth kit with CM7
(#2512)
Old

Default 06-02-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1588
Yip could do with the economy map, it's $11.70 for a gallon of UK pump gas...

2009 135i - JB4 - DCI - Contemplating Meth - Cold Scotish Weather
(#2513)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiGyver
Hey Terry,
need any help to test metric scaling on any of the new gauge options?
See attached for the scaling. Not overly metric friendly but will work.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2514)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1588
Having to sort out a couple more things and we'll get going on that. Not sure if it will make it in the next firmware release yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#2515)
Old

Default 06-02-2011, 10:26 AM

So is the alpha firmware out for testing or am I missing it in the thread somewhere?
(#2516)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM

No still working on a few things with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2517)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 06-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2sxy
where did u get that maxcool firmware?? i neeedddd !!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the previous post where terry was detailing the next releases that will be coming out.

My bad

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#2518)
Old

Default 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb
If it is happening near redline, it is the shift light. The steering wheel control guide says it can be turned on or off, but I have not tried yet. I have the February update JB4 and get the shiftlights on my auto trans left in D.
No, I always catch it out of the corner of my eye, but I've never been above 3-4k when it happens. Usually cruising in 5th or 6th. Its very strange! I haven't found any codes yet either to indicate a problem, maybe my car is just possessed.

Tim
(#2519)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Made another change a few of you might like:

17) Changed "stealth gauge" mode to trigger over 50% throttle and added 10 second delay when going under 50% throttle before gauges return to stock operation.

Burger Motorsports

(#2520)
Old

Default 06-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

17) Changed "stealth gauge" mode to trigger over 50% throttle and added 10 second delay when going under 50% throttle before gauges return to stock operation.
Excelent, do you have a release date yet?

2009 135i - JB4 - DCI - Contemplating Meth - Cold Scotish Weather
(#2521)
Old
JB since 2007

Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM

YES! I was just going to ask about that! This is a big improvement for the stealth gauge. Thank you!

Quote:

(#2522)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_MARKY
Excelent, do you have a release date yet?
No, we're smart enough to never release dates.

Burger Motorsports

(#2523)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhatimay
No, I always catch it out of the corner of my eye, but I've never been above 3-4k when it happens. Usually cruising in 5th or 6th. Its very strange! I haven't found any codes yet either to indicate a problem, maybe my car is just possessed.

Tim
I'd suspect the V2 gauge which also intercepts the CAN wires.

Burger Motorsports

(#2524)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:

The people speak and Terry answers, if only politics were this smooth. Great improvement T!

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#2525)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 06-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Does the JB4 raise boost in the heat, it seems as im maxing Map2 out boost wise now that the weather is above 80*F always

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG