N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3551)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-20-2019, 07:46 AM

@terry why is it that after 40 mph Iím getting stock psi and not 4psi over on map1
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-20 06_19_19 Map-1.csv (11.1 KB, 13 views)
(#3552)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2019, 10:24 AM

Your water temp dropped below 160. Car isn't warmed up properly to do full boost runs.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3553)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-20-2019, 10:52 AM

Got it thanks... I will wait till it gets up to temps now lol
Any word on a catch can yet?
(#3554)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2019, 11:36 AM

No ETA on the VR30 OCC, just something we're working on at this point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3555)
Old

Car: q50
Default 01-20-2019, 04:50 PM

Terry, please check post 3540 with my higher gear pull. Thank you.
N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - Infiniti Q50 3.0t VR30DDTT Red Sport and Silver Sport BMS Stage1 JB4
(#3556)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Fuel control is off. Did you mean to turn it on?

Burger Motorsports

(#3557)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel control is off. Did you mean to turn it on?
For that pull I believe it was off as I was trying it on vs. off, I was mainly concerned with getting a higher gear pull. That's map 6 that is mostly set to +5/6psi.
(#3558)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 09:48 AM

Got it, I mainly want to see a higher RPM pull WITH fuel control to ensure it's working right for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#3559)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Got it, I mainly want to see a higher RPM pull WITH fuel control to ensure it's working right for you.
DOH.....ok, will add to the list of things to do.
(#3560)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 01-21-2019, 02:07 PM

My hands are officially too big to install fuel wire on passenger side. Might need to ask for assistance from a friend who has smaller hands. It’s a tight fit and if you can install with one hand you have some serious skills.
(#3561)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
My hands are officially too big to install fuel wire on passenger side. Might need to ask for assistance from a friend who has smaller hands. Itís a tight fit and if you can install with one hand you have some serious skills.
I'm not small by any means, and was able to get 2 hands in, 1 from the front and 1 from the back to get the wire attached. 2 things that helped me,

1-I DEFINITELY had to do what was shown in the video and disconnect the harness bracket to give myself more room.

2- If you follow the O2 harness there is a plug farther back that you would have to unplug if you were going to change out the O2 sensor. This is the best place to tap into. The harness is held in place by a little tab and sliding the harness out of this gives you the wiggle room you need to tap the wire.

Above all else....patience!
(#3562)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 01-21-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
My hands are officially too big to install fuel wire on passenger side. Might need to ask for assistance from a friend who has smaller hands. It’s a tight fit and if you can install with one hand you have some serious skills.
Agreed - the passenger side install is tough. I used a pair of hemostats to grab the white wire.

Search Amazon for: Kelly Forceps Locking Tweezers Clamp, Silver, Curved, 5-1/2 Inch

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4
  • BMS CAI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP

Last edited by jrobohm; 01-21-2019 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Remove link
(#3563)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
My hands are officially too big to install fuel wire on passenger side. Might need to ask for assistance from a friend who has smaller hands. Itís a tight fit and if you can install with one hand you have some serious skills.
I was able to one hand it since I'm so used to the posi-taps. Looking forward to seeing if you guys find an easier way than I found!

Burger Motorsports

(#3564)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I was able to one hand it since I'm so used to the posi-taps. Looking forward to seeing if you guys find an easier way than I found!
Terry, isnít there a way the JB4 can access the fuel system thru existing CAN bus connection?
(#3565)
Old

Car: 2018 q60 RS
Default Logs - 01-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Hi Terry, are my logs looking ok? do I have room for map2..I'm stock.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-19 22_19_52 Map-6.csv (166.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-19 22_46_26 Map-1.csv (268.3 KB, 14 views)
(#3566)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkfoodz
Hi Terry, are my logs looking ok? do I have room for map2..I'm stock.
Yes seems fine to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#3567)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Terry, isnít there a way the JB4 can access the fuel system thru existing CAN bus connection?
Yes but, it's complicated. The extra wires were the best implementation.

Burger Motorsports

(#3568)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Yes but, it's complicated. The extra wires were the best implementation.
Future update perhaps?
(#3569)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Future update perhaps?
Plan is to roll with the AFR wires for fuel control for the foreseeable future.

Burger Motorsports

(#3570)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I'm fine with that, 2 wires is no big deal....but giving us the ability to adjust the target AFR would be awesome since different temps/boost levels/octane all require a different target AFR.
(#3571)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Terry, As you know I haven’t installed fuel wires yet but I updated JB4 FW and this morning I started the car and had the transmission/engine light come on. I had some issues upgrading FW, it failed first 2 times and worked on the 3rd try. Could it be related? Attached are the codes it read.

P0223
P0502
P0900
P0000

(#3572)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Terry, As you know I havenít installed fuel wires yet but I updated JB4 FW and this morning I started the car and had the transmission/engine light come on. I had some issues upgrading FW, it failed first 2 times and worked on the 3rd try. Could it be related? Attached are the codes it read.

P0223
P0502
P0900
P0000

I'm not Terry obviously lol, but did you unplug the ODB2 and remove the JB4 MAP plugs? Pretty easy to check and your codes are throttle position sensor, vehicle speed sensor, clutch actuator circuit. Doesn't seem JB4 related.
(#3573)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I'm not Terry obviously lol, but did you unplug the ODB2 and remove the JB4 MAP plugs? Pretty easy to check and your codes are throttle position sensor, vehicle speed sensor, clutch actuator circuit. Doesn't seem JB4 related.
No. I could barely get my finger tips on the passenger side white cable so I stopped working on that but I updated JB4 FW thatís why Iím asking.
(#3574)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
No. I could barely get my finger tips on the passenger side white cable so I stopped working on that but I updated JB4 FW thatís why Iím asking.
I was referring to removing the JB4 map connectors, not the fuel wire. Basically disconnect the JB4 and see if the codes/CEL are still there.
(#3575)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Terry, As you know I havenít installed fuel wires yet but I updated JB4 FW and this morning I started the car and had the transmission/engine light come on.
Yes you'll trigger codes if firmware fails and ign power is cycled. Just clear all codes now.

Burger Motorsports