N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1051)
Old

Car: M5 F10 and M3 CSL
Default 01-16-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Could be a variety of things ranging from a defective nozzle to some physical issue with the car like a plug, coil, or injector.

JB4 log of issue would be a good start though.
hi Terry

Here is a brief log.
The car threw misfire on cylinder 4.
Do you think it's the coil pack or any other idea ?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-15 22_13_37_Map-8.csv (11.3 KB, 15 views)
(#1052)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT128
But Terry, it does not work, JB4 boost by gear does nothing visible in first gear, and it is no use sending a log because it would be like the one I posted above, only one or two logs points in first gear, because as soon as the pedal goes to the carpet, the tyres spin crazily and you need to lift off or shift to second...
Then you don't have the latest firmware loaded, which allows targeting of lower than the flash target. Once I see your log I can offer useful advice. You're flooring the car anyway, so floor it with the JB4 app connected so it records. Easy.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1053)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexk
hi Terry

Here is a brief log.
The car threw misfire on cylinder 4.
Do you think it's the coil pack or any other idea ?

Thanks
What happens on say a 0 additive on map8? Is the misfire boost dependent? Or meth dependent?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1054)
Old

Default 01-16-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
What happens on say a 0 additive on map8? Is the misfire boost dependent? Or meth dependent?
I haven't tried this Terry, I will try it tomorrow and confirm.
But I remember when I run the car in map 1 or 7, the problem does not exist.
So I think it's meth dependent.

For the record, I run CM5 nozzles.
My mix is 50-50 water-meth.
Spark plugs are the ones you offer in the webshop for meth kits.
(#1055)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2019, 09:13 PM

Photo of nozzle install, etc? Maybe a nozzle is backwards or its insert missing causing a dirty spray pattern?

Burger Motorsports

(#1056)
Old

Default 01-17-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Photo of nozzle install, etc? Maybe a nozzle is backwards or its insert missing causing a dirty spray pattern?
Photos of the nozzles and a log using map 8 and zero boost additive.

And the log.

Thank you for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-17 20_46_26_Map-8.csv (14.3 KB, 14 views)
(#1057)
Old

Default 01-20-2019, 10:17 AM

Any feedback Terry ?

Thanks
(#1058)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
?
(#1059)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 12:50 PM

How is the spray pattern out of each if you purge in to an empty water bottle?

Burger Motorsports

(#1060)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
How is the spray pattern out of each if you purge in to an empty water bottle?
I will test and share.
Thank you
(#1061)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 02:33 PM

I hope we see something there, because I'm running low on ideas for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#1062)
Old

Default 01-27-2019, 01:33 AM

Quote:
I hope we see something there, because I'm running low on ideas for you.
hi Terry

Firstly the nozzles are the CM10 and not CM5. I was confused.
They seem to be spraying fine.

Secondly, I just realized that the spark plugs I had bought need to have the gap set (NGK 97506).
Could this be causing the issue ?

Video

WMI test - YouTube
(#1063)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 11:17 AM

Definitely, gap has to be set to 0.020"!

Burger Motorsports

(#1064)
Old

Default 01-27-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
#epicfail
I will order your gap setting tool
(#1065)
Old

Default 01-27-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Can you please ping me an email at alexk at clubcsl.com ?
The webshop calculates 10k USD shipment costs for Europe.

Thanks
(#1066)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexk
Can you please ping me an email at alexk at clubcsl.com ?
The webshop calculates 10k USD shipment costs for Europe.

Thanks
Yes Germany and Austria we have an exclusive dealer who stocks all of our products. Their website is linked in the shipping block.

Burger Motorsports

(#1067)
Old

Car: M6 F16
Default Log with 1st gear boost limit - 02-09-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Then you don't have the latest firmware loaded, which allows targeting of lower than the flash target. Once I see your log I can offer useful advice. You're flooring the car anyway, so floor it with the JB4 app connected so it records. Easy.
Hi Terry,
OK coming back on this, just logged what happens in first gear...
See the joined log with first gear cap at 9,9psi. It is just as I said: low revs, hit the throttle, boost builds up to 20psi although target is 9,9, and tyres spin like crazy.
So, jb4 boost limiter does not work. If you have a solution, it would be welcome.
Because the second bad news is: the Bootmod3 boost limiter does not work either. At first it seems to work because it effectively limits boost in first gear, but then if you accelerate from ist gear, it also limits boost in 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th gear. Totally uncontrolled and useless.
Seems like nobody is able to limit boost in 1st and second on this platform.
I have made so much work, so much maps and pulls, for the moment for nothing.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-09 11_41_34_Map-6_En1.csv (3.4 KB, 4 views)
(#1068)
Old

Default 02-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
hi Terry,

I set the gap yesterday, did a few tests after, car seems to be working fine.
I didn't get any misfire and in high gears is pulls like a locomotive.

I test a bit more and share findings.
(#1069)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 02-14-2019, 12:59 AM

Im late to the party, boost by gear now lower than flash. Wow this a game changer

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#1070)
Old

Default 02-14-2019, 01:09 AM

Any suggestions on good boost caps, im thinking, 8psi/ 12psi/ 20psi?

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#1071)
Old

Car: M6 F16
Default 02-14-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MUNRO
Any suggestions on good boost caps, im thinking, 8psi/ 12psi/ 20psi?
Don't bother for the moment it does not work. Refer to my post above.
Waiting for Terry's input.
(#1072)
Old

Default 02-14-2019, 12:41 PM

Thats fine if does not work, i will still like to try and orovide logs to help developement

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#1073)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 11:52 AM

hi Terry

Some more testing and I have a weird behavior on boost when it's spraying.
In this log, just when I accelerated the last time, the JB4 switched to the safety map.
Can you please have a look ? thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-16 19_22_22_Map-8.csv (18.1 KB, 4 views)
(#1074)
Old

Default 02-17-2019, 12:58 PM

Is there anyway to log gearbox temp with jb4, i rember with v1 jb4 boost 2 was on something like average ignition. If not is there any other ways to monitor it, i have killed a few clutches and even with billet sump believe i get quite hot.

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE