(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-23-2019, 02:44 PM

Do you have a picture of the board.

If EWG for you should be #14

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2013 328i
Default 01-23-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Do you have a picture of the board.

If EWG for you should be #14
Picture of the jb4?

In the install instructions from BMS that I got online it talks about the blue wire on the FSB version 2 either goes to pin 14 or 16 but my car does not fit in any of the descriptions listed.

I did found a very old thread about the n26 with the bms meth kit but with the old version FSB that it goes to pin 16
But I have version 2
Here's the link
N26 Meth wire connection - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4)
Old

Default 01-31-2019, 03:58 PM

I believe i got everything but now alot of issues with the fsb. The only wire that has power is the red wire with the inline fuse. The yellow and green wires has no voltage. Both orange and blue pins are plugged into the board.another member had the same issue saying it's the fab itself but they have not update on what the problem was. Please help
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2019, 09:46 PM

Need photo of your JB4 board to confirm correct FSB connection points.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 02-01-2019, 07:35 AM

ok ive taken pictures of the board
I have a 2013 F30 N26 with EWG
brand new BMS WMI kit
FSB wiring:

Orange to pin 3
Blue to pin 16
Green to Solenoid (other end goes to ground)
Yellow to red pump (black pump to ground)
Red to inline fuse to 12v (FSB board green light blinks)

Ive confirm all grounds work
if i supply 12v to pump/solenoid they work

Issues are no power from yellow and green wire
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwchue; 02-01-2019 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: update
(#7)
Old

Default 02-01-2019, 02:00 PM

ok i think im a dumbass because this is new to me ok. i thought that the yellow and green wire is constant 12v.when i hit prime they both work. My real question is how do i know when its working when im inside? i have the jb4 rev3 so viewing on my android app i set up a meth gauge but the reading is 0. I already changed to the recommended settings. In the settings Min FLow Boost (PSI) set to 9 does that means wmi only comes on when your boost is over 9psi? if that is yes than i have resolved the issue entirely.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 04:03 PM

Have a JB4 log at full throttle on the meth map so we can check it out? Should have a flow reading if meth is flowing.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 02-01-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Have a JB4 log at full throttle on the meth map so we can check it out? Should have a flow reading if meth is flowing.
Yea my meth reading is 0 and doesnt change. Can you confirm with the jb4 board if the blue wire should go to pin 14 or 16? I have it on pin 16 right now and I dont have a dsub tool. Will update with a log soon
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 04:47 PM

I'd like to see your firmware and settings, so attach a CSV log here please. Idle is fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 04:14 PM

hey terry this is my firmware and settings

log is coming soon on idle
its raining right now
Attached Images

(#12)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Logs at idle
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-02 15_28_18_Map-3.csv (12.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-02 14_59_53_Map-3.csv (14.2 KB, 18 views)
(#13)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 04:55 PM

Sometimes when i reconnect my jb4 app my meth gauge shows 100 and stays 100 it doesnt fluctuated. Most times i connect it shows at 0.
Here are my 4th gear logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-02 15_42_38_Map-3.csv (4.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-02 15_44_04_Map-3.csv (15.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-02 15_42_56_Map-3.csv (8.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-02 15_44_54_Map-3.csv (9.1 KB, 13 views)
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2019, 06:10 PM

Looking at your firmware, since we also offer an EWG add on connector, we have the meth input remapped to pin #14. So that is where it would need to go. You can cut off the wire and crimp on a new DSUB pin to move it, unless you happen to have a DSUB removal tool handy.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Looking at your firmware, since we also offer an EWG add on connector, we have the meth input remapped to pin #14. So that is where it would need to go. You can cut off the wire and crimp on a new DSUB pin to move it, unless you happen to have a DSUB removal tool handy.
I will have to order one from amazon and hopefully that will fix the issue.
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2019, 07:56 PM

We can send a wire with a DSUB crimped on if you need, to splice in. Easier then trying to move it as DSUB removal is tricky work. Easy to break the pin off.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
We can send a wire with a DSUB crimped on if you need, to splice in. Easier then trying to move it as DSUB removal is tricky work. Easy to break the pin off.
that will be awesome Terry how can i provide you my address in private? thank you
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2019, 10:10 AM

Just email it to us, orders@burgetuning.com and ask them to forward it to Terry

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 02-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Just email it to us, orders@burgetuning.com and ask them to forward it to Terry
Hey i went to frys electronics to buy a dsub tool and yea it was tricky to the point i just pulled the wire out. Went back in to buy some dsub male pins and d crimp tool. Got it in pin 14 and meth gauge is working on wot finally. I would still want to show you some logs to make sure meth is actually working. Will update after this rainstorm. Thanks
(#20)
Old

Default 02-03-2019, 06:54 PM

Some 4th gear logs
I put some tape on where the tank level is and did some driving around checked the level dropped so its working.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-03 17_38_08_Map-3.csv (15.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-03 17_41_56_Map-3.csv (10.1 KB, 15 views)
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2019, 09:22 PM

Yes looks normal to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default 02-03-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Yes looks normal to me!
Thanks alot terry just one more question if you dont mind.
I running 91 with e30 with the flex fuel sensor
On the bmw wmi instructions says i can raise my boost additive/ signal scaling what would you recommend? Thanks
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2019, 10:41 AM

The risk with the N20 motor is the rods, so I'd keep boost at 22psi or less personally. You can adjust the additive as needed based on your tolerance for risk.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 02-04-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
The risk with the N20 motor is the rods, so I'd keep boost at 22psi or less personally. You can adjust the additive as needed based on your tolerance for risk.
Ok thank you