N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Right. I'd also set open loop to 30.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 01-19-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Right. I'd also set open loop to 30.
Cool thanks for confirmation, I'll set open loop to 30 as well then.

Now, just need time & space somewhere to be able to grab some logs
(#78)
Old

Car: 2018 C63
Default 01-19-2019, 10:20 PM

Here are a few logs running maps 2 and 3.

Running a pump/race gas blend, around 96 octane.

Fuel Open Loop set to 20, per BMS.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-19 16_44_08 Map-3.csv (5.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-19 15_43_12 Map-3.csv (10.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-19 15_21_28 Map-2.csv (5.2 KB, 21 views)
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame Douglas
Here are a few logs running maps 2 and 3.

Running a pump/race gas blend, around 96 octane.

Fuel Open Loop set to 20, per BMS.
Looks OK, let's shoot for some longer runs on map3 though!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old

Car: AMG GTS
Default 01-21-2019, 09:19 PM

Hello Terry any idea when the direct Boost control module will be available? Also can a AEM (current setup) water/meth kit be connected to the Jb4?
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 09:43 PM

On BCM no set date, we want to ensure the JB4 only cars are all running 100% first before we start raising the power up.

On WMI the JB4 works with any kit but we strongly suggest a kit with a flow sensor signal. I don't believe AEM offers that. We suggest a BMS kit which is prewired to work with the JB4.

BMW JB4 Methanol Injection Kit - Compatible with all N20, N54, N55, N63, S63 and S55 motors

Burger Motorsports

(#82)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Looks OK, let's shoot for some longer runs on map3 though!
Here's a longer pull in map 3.

I'm concerned about the AFRs and trims.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-22 13_37_26 Map-3.csv (11.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-22 13_38_07 Map-3.csv (10.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-22 13_39_53 Map-3.csv (9.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Fame Douglas; 01-22-2019 at 04:20 PM..
(#83)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Here's a longer pull in map 3.

I'm concerned about the AFRs and trims.
Both are fine for the short run. You can kick open loop up to 30 next.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#84)
Old

Default 01-24-2019, 11:33 AM

Dumb question: I need to take my car to the dealer because the backup camera quit working. I’m temporarily removing the ODB port connection so they won’t notice anything. Will the JB4 function normally without it?
(#85)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-24-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Dumb question: I need to take my car to the dealer because the backup camera quit working. Iím temporarily removing the ODB port connection so they wonít notice anything. Will the JB4 function normally without it?
Should be fine, just unplug it and check no big deal.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Car: AMG GTS
Default 01-27-2019, 06:55 PM

I’m having a issue with the Jb4 when I do two pulls the car goes into limp mode and I don’t have control over the transmission and there’s no boost pressure. When I Restart the car is goes back to normal. Any idea what it came be? It’s happen in Map 3 mostly.
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 08:15 PM

Email in a log and details and we can help you sort it out. Could be a variety of things on the settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 01-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Here's a few logs taken today running Map 3.

Had a few runs & launches, no limp modes. Feedback - does it look right?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019_01_30 11-55-map3_1.csv (12.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019_01_30 11-58-18_map3_2.csv (9.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019_01_30 11-59-25_map3_3.csv (8.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019_01_30 12-00-19_map3_4.csv (9.0 KB, 13 views)
(#89)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2019, 08:20 PM

That interface looks to be an older one and is missing some of the tuning data. Using a hard wire cable and apple software I presume?

Looks like a lot of tire spin here! I'd go heavier on the boost reduction. Maybe 6psi in 1st and 4psi in 2nd.

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 01-29-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
That interface looks to be an older one and is missing some of the tuning data. Using a hard wire cable and apple software I presume?

Looks like a lot of tire spin here! I'd go heavier on the boost reduction. Maybe 6psi in 1st and 4psi in 2nd.
Yes and yes - apple software with USB data cable. still had a bit of wheel spin, so I'll give the extra boost reduction a go.

If I can get a chance, I'll log with my windows software laptop <<-- is this how everyone else is logging at the moment?
(#91)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2019, 09:28 PM

Most are using the JB4 mobile adapter and their phone.

Burger Motorsports

(#92)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 01-29-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Most are using the JB4 mobile adapter and their phone.
Ok thanks - might have to see if I can swing 2 here to make logging easier
(#93)
Old

Car: 16' C63s
Default 02-07-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikiii
Here's a few logs taken today running Map 3.

Had a few runs & launches, no limp modes. Feedback - does it look right?
What fuel are you using? On map 3, mine seems to require octane booster. Doing a mix of 93 and Torco and it runs great that way. Starting to seem like it's running out of breath up top. I suspect the intake is at or past it's flow limit.
(#94)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 02-07-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbango
What fuel are you using? On map 3, mine seems to require octane booster. Doing a mix of 93 and Torco and it runs great that way. Starting to seem like it's running out of breath up top. I suspect the intake is at or past it's flow limit.
Not sure what the equivalent is overseas but here I only fill up on our 98 octane rated fuels:
Shell V-Power 98 | Shell Australia
Fuels, Vortex Premium, AdBlue | Caltex Australia

Running this fuel regardless of tune but it seems to have no issues with map 3 or 5 throughout the power curve so far. .