N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1501)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFLKiaStingerGT
The first run no way either happened. The track is super sticky.. and I drove like 70miles to get to the track.. I'm thinking it's a fuel issue.. where is the iat sensor on these cars? I have the single catch can setup could that effect anything.. or perhaps I need to get CAI done..
IAT is read at the manifold MAP sensor and looks fine in the log.

As a test, you could set 1st gear to 1psi to see if it's boost related off the line.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1502)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 01-19-2019, 05:17 PM

Any issues with running 4 gallons of e85 long term? Somebody told me it's not a good idea but the extra power is addicting!!lol
(#1503)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2019, 05:31 PM

No foreseeable issues.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1504)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 01-22-2019, 05:03 AM

Managed to run a better time on Map 2 after adding the HFCs. 12.17 at 117.2.
Attached Images

JB4 - HKS M40iL - BMS Intake & TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#1505)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 01-22-2019, 08:25 AM

Terry, is this the correct BOV? TiAL Q Blow Off Valve - 6 psi (black) spring, Black Body, AL Flange.

Link won't post correctly

thanks
(#1506)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 09:30 AM

Yes that sounds right.

Burger Motorsports

(#1507)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
Managed to run a better time on Map 2 after adding the HFCs. 12.17 at 117.2.
Interesting! Custom job?

Burger Motorsports

(#1508)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Interesting! Custom job?
Yeah, the car c@tless sounded very raspy and nasty. Ordered these cats they are HJS 4.25” Dia 200cell and welded them on. Car sounds way better and no fuel smell in the garage now which is good.

Just came back from the dyno aswell.

Run 3 - Map 5
Run 1 - Map 3
Run 6 - Map 2
Run 7 - Map 1

All on 93oct and 50/50 WMI.
Attached Images

JB4 - HKS M40iL - BMS Intake & TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2

Last edited by BHR Stinger; 01-22-2019 at 12:51 PM..
(#1509)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Solid results!

Burger Motorsports

(#1510)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default Not bad - 01-22-2019, 12:35 PM

460whp isn't bad! I wonder where I would be on the meth kit, currently make 446/495 on 93,
Any new softwares coming out soon?

cheers
(#1511)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 01-22-2019, 03:58 PM

I'm still completely stock other than drop-in K&N panel filters. I'd like to log current state and state after each modification if I can. However, it's cold with snow on the ground and I'm heading into the dealership shortly - that's who's installing my midpipes. I'd rather not have to install, uninstall, and re-install if I can.

Can I plug the JB4 into the OBD2 port without putting it under the hood and running all of the other connections and just log? Something tells me I have to plug it completely in.

Maybe I'll use another app and a BT OBD2 adapter to log if I have to. But I obviously have to use only the JB4 once I want to start using Maps other than 0.

Thanks for any answers and ideas!
(#1512)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 01-22-2019, 05:22 PM

Where did you get the hfc?
(#1513)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
I'm still completely stock other than drop-in K&N panel filters. I'd like to log current state and state after each modification if I can. However, it's cold with snow on the ground and I'm heading into the dealership shortly - that's who's installing my midpipes. I'd rather not have to install, uninstall, and re-install if I can.

Can I plug the JB4 into the OBD2 port without putting it under the hood and running all of the other connections and just log? Something tells me I have to plug it completely in.

Maybe I'll use another app and a BT OBD2 adapter to log if I have to. But I obviously have to use only the JB4 once I want to start using Maps other than 0.

Thanks for any answers and ideas!
No, requires TMAP connection to power up and OBDII for CANbus. Takes 5 minutes to install from start to finish, though.

Burger Motorsports

(#1514)
Old

Car: M235i x-Drive
Default 01-22-2019, 06:29 PM

Do you know the part numbers of the two sensors the fuel wires connect to for the 3.3l v6?
(#1515)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
460whp isn't bad! I wonder where I would be on the meth kit, currently make 446/495 on 93,
Any new softwares coming out soon?

cheers
Nothing new short term. We're sort of at the hardware limits right now. Looking in to a few things though.

On 93 the WMI gains are substantial, go for it!

Burger Motorsports

(#1516)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 01-23-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trever007
Do you know the part numbers of the two sensors the fuel wires connect to for the 3.3l v6?
39210-3L010 and 39210-3L000

2018 Kia Stinger Upper Oxygen Sensor 39210-3L000 | KiaCheapParts
(#1517)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 01-23-2019, 07:15 AM

This morning I got in my car and it wouldnít idle below 1000 rpm. I checked codes and go p03213 and p04212, the meaning of which I canít find anywhere. It is still not idling below 1000 but seems to run ok otherwise (I reverted to map 0 to be sure). I cleared codes and they came back. Any ideas?
(#1518)
Old

Default 01-23-2019, 08:19 AM

Hello

Just got the BMS intakes. Do I need to change anything in the JB4 settings (with fuel wires) - firmare v.8?
(#1519)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by przemek.k
Hello

Just got the BMS intakes. Do I need to change anything in the JB4 settings (with fuel wires) - firmare v.8?
No just install and enjoy!

Burger Motorsports

(#1520)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sboylan
This morning I got in my car and it wouldnít idle below 1000 rpm. I checked codes and go p03213 and p04212, the meaning of which I canít find anywhere. It is still not idling below 1000 but seems to run ok otherwise (I reverted to map 0 to be sure). I cleared codes and they came back. Any ideas?
Don't have descriptions for those, sure those are the codes? Maybe try reading with an OBDII reader too in case the JB4 is reading them incorrectly.

Burger Motorsports

(#1521)
Old

Default 01-23-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
No just install and enjoy!

Thank you
Got the Dragy too....
(#1522)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 01-23-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Don't have descriptions for those, sure those are the codes? Maybe try reading with an OBDII reader too in case the JB4 is reading them incorrectly.
Iíll pull them this evening. I did finally find something about it on the web, looks like a map sensor issue. Iíll disconnect the jb4 completely and see if that fixes it.
(#1523)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 01-23-2019, 09:36 AM

I just purchased the JB4 with fuel wires. I did not purchase the Bluetooth module or BMS data cable.

Can I still connect the fuel wires without Bluetooth or BMS cable?

I know I will need to purchase one of those in the future to switch maps.
what maps can I run on 91octane? can I mix the 91 with e85?
(#1524)
Old

Car: Kia Sportage SX Turbo
Default 01-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Does anyone have insight as to whether the Kia/Hyundai JB4 would work with a Sportage SX using the 2.0 Turbo GDI motor? Presumably that motor essentially the same (different tuning perhaps) to the 2.0T GDI in the Stinger and Sonata.
(#1525)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM

We've been working with a lot of the Kia/Hyundai platforms lately like the Veloster and have found it's all compatible. I expect the Sportage SX will be the same. If not of course we can always take the JB4 back. And I'd love to see some logs from it also to confirm the tuning/map suggestions are the same.

Burger Motorsports