N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default JB4 Turn Signal Light Stuck On Need Help! - 12-22-2018, 10:50 AM

Car started acting up today and was showing some new codes boost gauge was intermittent, BC button was intermittently working to when I got home I was going to check all the setting in the BC menu but after only starting the BC stopped working and I am now left with a turn signal light stuck on even when the car is off and locked the light stays on, Iíve no usb interface lead is there any way to reset the JB4?
(#2)
Old

Default 12-22-2018, 10:55 AM

JB4 N55 Fault - YouTube
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2018, 10:55 AM

It should fix itself sooner or later, sounds like OBDII cable loose or damaged?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 12-22-2018, 11:11 AM

Obd2 cable and plug look fine, car was running real bad on map 2 I stopped and unplugged Obd to switch back to map 1 cause the BC wouldn’t work and the car ran fine, I plugged obd in again and the car started running crap again.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-22-2018, 11:13 AM

Fault codes were for:-

Air mass, plausibility

Throttle angle
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2018, 12:43 PM

So must be a damaged OBDII I'd think, or loose connection at the molex in the engine bay. We have replacement cables on our site if you need one. If you got the JB4 new from us just email and we can send you another OBDII cable.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 12-22-2018, 01:40 PM

The light went out on it’s own, the BC control is works sometimes once you switch the car off and on again I’ll check over the cable and connectors later to see what they look like thanks
(#8)
Old

Default 12-24-2018, 07:56 AM

Checked cables and they look fine, cars driving like crap and back fire a lot on the over run. If I get the BC button to work it will always leave turn signal lights on after which resets after you’ve looked the car for awhile.
(#9)
Old

Car: 535i GT 2011
Default 12-24-2018, 10:43 PM

Remove everything, and reinstall, maybe something is loose.

2011 535i f07 custom pipe after turbo, VRSF CP, K&N CAI, E40+ BEF
(#10)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 12-26-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55345i
Checked cables and they look fine, cars driving like crap and back fire a lot on the over run. If I get the BC button to work it will always leave turn signal lights on after which resets after youíve looked the car for awhile.
I just bought my 135i which already had stacked JB4/MHD. After getting the car back home and purchasing the MHD bef and flashing the e85 bef I started the car. The blinkers flash as they are supposed to and then the right turn signal indicator stays on. The signal will remain on until the oil temp rises above 160 causing the JB4 to flash the signals again indicating JB4 is ready. At that point the right turn signal will go out. Anyone experience this? Car has been running E30-40 mix on map 5 for the past two weeks and runs fine. I will see if the turn signal stays on after turning vehicle off when the signal is on.

Also, if oil temp goes above 160 and signals flash subsequently turning right signal off the next time I turn the car on if oil temp is still above 160 the right signal does not stay on so this is only a cold start issue on my car. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks