N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 01-25-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
I updated te app in the morning and all good do far. So try that
you had problems before doing this update?
(#627)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 01-25-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoo70
you had problems before doing this update?
Never mind it just started again

Terry,
When the app shows meaa ip with 5.7 boost idle and I do a log, the ecu psi start boosting high as boost. Is something messing with the app or the app messing with something?
Log attached.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#628)
Old

Car: M135ix
Default 01-25-2018, 11:18 PM

hello , what do you guys think about this log file ?
PS2 PWG turbo on map 6 and 98 pumpgas
(#629)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-26-2018, 05:53 AM

Terry
The android App is super glitchy in reading the values and gets stuck or too slow

After updating to ISO9_T3

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#630)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_H_O_M_A_S
hello , what do you guys think about this log file ?
PS2 PWG turbo on map 6 and 98 pumpgas
The good thing is that you dont have any over boost spike at wot. The bad thing is that you ain't hitting boost target, dont know why. Everything else seem good to me.
I have the same setup as you on 93 and Im over boosting.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#631)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Never mind it just started again

Terry,
When the app shows meaa ip with 5.7 boost idle and I do a log, the ecu psi start boosting high as boost. Is something messing with the app or the app messing with something?
Log attached.
Based on the boost zero voltage I'd presume its something with the barometric calibration and 3.5bar TMAP sensor. Likely a firmware bug.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#632)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Terry
The android App is super glitchy in reading the values and gets stuck or too slow

We need a resolution with this app issues. I cannot focus/trust on the logs with the app been like that.

Can we go back to ISO 7?

(#633)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
We need a resolution with this app issues. I cannot focus/trust on the logs with the app been like that.

Can we go back to ISO 7?
Do you both have 3.5bar TMAP sensors? As I haven't seen this reported on F PWG ISO by anyone outside of you two.

Anyway to move it forwarded I just posted T4 to the first post, and added an option under FutureUseD = 5 which should prevent any ambient barometric pressure updates. Let me know if the bug continues with T4 and FUD.5 enabled.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#634)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Do you both have 3.5bar TMAP sensors? As I haven't seen this reported on F PWG ISO by anyone outside of you two.

Did you load T3? And what effect did that have?
Yes the OEM TMAP sensor, I haven't change it.

I did test the T3 and the boost idle was fix but the only gauge that actually worked was the boost only, everything else freeze.

(#635)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Did you load T3? And what effect did that have?

What I can do is add a FUD option to hard code base baro for you to further test.
I have normal TMAP sensor

I loaded T3 but the car was behaving better on ISO9. I wasnt having any problems on ISO9 , i just updated to T3 to be on the lattest update.

But all the gauges are eather stuck or too slow in refreshing only in T3

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#636)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoo70
updating the iso will not fix my lag problem on the bluetooth app?
Quote:
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamz
Hi Terry

Please check log attached. This is on iso 9. This is what happens when I try and log and the psi is sitting at 4.0psi in park. I used all the default settings with 95 octane fuel. After this run, on the way home, the psi on the app was showing 0.0psi but I didnt have time for another run. 2013 F30 335i. I do have mppk with bms intake and **.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamz
Yes. Same here. Boost working but the rest not reading.
Quote:
I flashed ISO 9_T3 the car didn't startup, it started for 3 seconds and then Cut power and went off !

Got fault codes:
121002:MAP sensor, short to ground.
119002:Rail pressure sensor short to ground

I flashed ISO9 back and it worked normaly
Quote:
I have normal TMAP sensor

I loaded T3 but the car was behaving better on ISO9. I wasnt having any problems on ISO9 , i just updated to T3 to be on the lattest update.

But all the gauges are eather stuck or too slow in refreshing only in T3
Terry,
Is not just 2 people. Here are all of us with kind of the same app issues. Could be because we are the only one with BT Rev3 actually.

(#637)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Terry,
Is not just 2 people. Here are all of us with kind of the same app issues. Could be because we are the only one with BT Rev3 actually.
All kinds of people have all kinda of problems. What issue are we talking about exactly?

If it's "boost starting at 5psi" as you put it, which is barometric pressure reading wrong in the firmware for some reason, that is some new issue you've reported. See previous post on it.

If the issue is "app data not updating" that is a years old issue, caused by outdated BCM/gateway software on your car, and addressed on the JB4 end using the slower speed CANbus setting under FutureUseD.7. With the new firmware logging speed is increased for those cars having to run slower speed logging (FUD.7 on), and those running normal/fast speed logging (FUD.7 off).

If the issue is mystery fault codes, then you have to address whatever the fault code is telling you to address. It's going to be different for each one. Common faults include under boost which are related to WGDC tuning and a limitation of the BEF to disable that fault code currently, sensor faults are normally wiring related, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#638)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
All kinds of people have all kinda of problems. What issue are we talking about exactly?

If it's "boost starting at 5psi" as you put it, which is barometric pressure reading wrong in the firmware for some reason, that is some new issue you've reported. See previous post on it.

If the issue is "app data not updating" that is a years old issue, caused by outdated BCM/gateway software on your car, and addressed on the JB4 end using the slower speed CANbus setting under FutureUseD.7. With the new firmware logging speed is increased for those cars having to run slower speed logging (FUD.7 on), and those running normal/fast speed logging (FUD.7 off).

If the issue is mystery fault codes, then you have to address whatever the fault code is telling you to address.
I will send you an email of a vidio of the issue , where the app guages are stuck, only gps speed refreashing

Its only happining on T3 but on the ISO9 its working perfect

And btw i have bit7 enabled

(#639)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:09 AM

Terry: Email sent

(#640)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I will send you an email of a vidio of the issue , where the app guages are stuck, only gps speed refreashing

Its only happining on T3 but on the ISO9 its working perfect

And btw i have bit7 enabled
Maybe you need "extra slow" CANbus speed then. In any event use whatever firmware works best for you. While I want to do what we can to help tune every car, I can't limit everyone by focusing firmware on cars that have known logging issues. After we have it working for more PWG customers we can circle back to work on your specific issue.

Actually I just had an idea on your T3 specific issue. Adding T4B to the first post shortly. Let me know if that resolves it.

Burger Motorsports

(#641)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:

If the issue is mystery fault codes, then you have to address whatever the fault code is telling you to address. It's going to be different for each one. Common faults include under boost which are related to WGDC tuning and a limitation of the BEF to disable that fault code currently, sensor faults are normally wiring related, etc.
The issues are with the app and ISO9, T3. Seem the app cant keep up with that the speed canbus EVEN with bit 7 off/on

(#642)
Old

Quote:
Maybe you need "extra slow" CANbus speed then. In any event use whatever firmware works best for you. While I want to do what we can to help tune every car, I can't limit everyone by focusing firmware on cars that have known logging issues.

Maybe after we have it working for more PWG customers we can circle back to work on your specific issue.
Agreed but we dont need spesific firmware this is an issue with the T3 , i just wanted you to know the problem. So when you make new updates , you build them on the ISO9 firmware not on the T3.

We dont need slower cun bus speed - bit 7 is working more than fine with us,, its only a problem with T3

Most of us only started having this problem after updating to T3

(#643)
Old

Car: M135ix

Quote:
The good thing is that you dont have any over boost spike at wot. The bad thing is that you ain't hitting boost target, dont know why. Everything else seem good to me.
I have the same setup as you on 93 and Im over boosting.
ive disabled FF adaptation and lowered the FF value to 50 for now
(#644)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
The issues are with the app and ISO9, T3. Seem the app cant keep up with that the speed canbus EVEN with bit 7 off/on
How Am I gonna do a Bef+jb4 on PS2 beta test when logs are not reading right.

(#645)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Yes just realized the issue you were asking about was T3 specific. Fixed it, I think.

Burger Motorsports

(#646)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:25 AM

Guys Terry uploaded a new Firmware in the first post..
N55_FSERIES_OBDII_ISO_9_T4B.hex

Please try it to confirm if the peoblem is fixed , and report back..

(#647)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Guys Terry uploaded a new Firmware in the first post..
N55_FSERIES_OBDII_ISO_9_T4B.hex

Please try it to confirm if the peoblem is fixed , and report back..
When was that because T3 wasn't even posted on there. Will try that T4 in a bit.

(#648)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
When was that because T3 wasn't even posted on there. Will try that T4 in a bit.
T3 was here , but not in the first post it was within terrys replays..
But T4 is in the first post

(#649)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 12:22 PM

I updated to T4 it's better than T3 but still sluggish
i wonder what changed after ISO9 to cause this problem..

any on with T4 can confirm ??

(#650)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I updated to T4 it's better than T3 but still sluggish
i wonder what changed after ISO9 to cause this problem..

any on with T4 can confirm ??
I updated, going for a spin now on my lunch break.