N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-23-2020, 10:13 AM

Post the CSV file please.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#702)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 03-24-2020, 02:54 PM

JB4 map 2 0-60 mph and map 6 1/8th and 1/4 mile. Pump gas + 6oz BOOSTane Pro; full tank; crap tires; seriously crap farm road.

Name:  Map 2.png
Views: 686
Size:  177.8 KB

Name:  Map 6.png
Views: 679
Size:  183.1 KB

Name:  Map 6 same run.png
Views: 677
Size:  192.6 KB

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#703)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-24-2020, 03:11 PM

That's impressive. These cars move out!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#704)
Old

Default 03-24-2020, 03:29 PM

She's a fatty (a pretty one) but she's fast . There's more in there yet. The map 6 setup I used on the M5 hasn't translated 1:1 to this car so I'm back to square one. Map 2 on this car, however and unlike the M5, works nicely.

(#705)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default 03-25-2020, 03:41 PM

that just a JB4?

mental of it is lol
(#706)
Old

Default 03-25-2020, 05:08 PM

Nothing else; just an M8C GC with a JB4 on map 6. 92 octane pump has with 6oz of BOOSTane Pro per 20 gallon tank.

On this setup, my 2020 M5C hit 60mph in 2.57s and ran the 1/4 on the same farm road in 10.33s.

There's room for improvement on the M8, though--traction mostly because of the $h!te stock tires that I plan to replace when the world returns to something more normal.

Last edited by limeypride; 03-25-2020 at 05:24 PM..
(#707)
Old

Car: F90
Default 03-28-2020, 10:28 AM

See attached Logs for review plz, im having issues in Map 1 and 2, also DTMAL keeps getting triggered.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200327_1927_runs(4).csv (23.9 KB, 107 views)
File Type: csv 20200326_2239_runs(12).csv (66.9 KB, 100 views)
(#708)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3hitman316
See attached Logs for review plz, im having issues in Map 1 and 2, also DTMAL keeps getting triggered.
Update to the V5 firmware to start. If code continues then be sure to read it via JB4 app so we can sort that too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#709)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2020, 09:40 AM

Been making some really nice advancements on additive maps lately. We have several customers running faster with the v6 firmware using an additive map6 than they were on map7 previously. If anyone on good fuel feels like having some fun we could always use more data.

Burger Motorsports

(#710)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WF218
Hey fellas

Can you check out my logs? Thanks! Loving the jb4 so far really brings the car to life

Not sure if this is typical on the car but it seems to throw a 104620 ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR 2, intake manifold, plausibility: pressure too high code when you downshift in manual mode after letting off the throttle ( to go pop pop crackle lol ) I've given her hell and this seems to be the only thing she doesn't like. This happened before I tossed the JB4 on as well as after. I did see nickohlie was having trouble with this code so it may be the cause of their code as well.
Grab the v7 beta firmware and see if it helps with that false alarm fault code. We've been trying to chase that down! Note duty bias and pid gain setting changes required also when updating.

Burger Motorsports

(#711)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WF218
Here are some v7 map2 logs, some 60-130 pulls and some launches The car feels a little different this version - the boost comes on stronger from a roll?
Yes we really improved the EWG control on additive based maps like map1 and map2. In fact we've had a few race gas customers report quicker times running an additive based map6 peaking at 7-8psi compared to the previous map7 (which, is now map5 as map7 is WMI on the new firmware).

Only catch has been a few false alarm "boost too high" fault codes we need to chase down.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#712)
Old

Default 06-21-2020, 12:40 PM

whatís up guys I need you HELP (brace yourself this a long one)

My 2018 M5 base with comp exhaust used to perform really really well with jb4, my experience with it has been so good that I became jb4 advocate, defending it every time anyone had anything bad to say about it lol
Fast forward to today Iím at 20k miles and past few months car hasnít been performing so well, let me elaborate..

With all test fuel has been 100 oct from a pump and sometimes with few gallons of e85
My car used to do 1/4 mile 10.5-10.8 no problem at 130+ mph and 60-130 has always been 7.0-7.2 with best of 6.8 ( map3) 100+e85
In May of this year few nights I did some tests and my 60-130 was slower by a lot results of 7.6-7.7 were best, ran map 3 again 100oct+e85 temp and da was very similar based of dragy stats. Didnít do 1/4th in May to compare.

Read on a forum another guy had exact same issue and he had changed spark plugs which brought the car back to original performance, so I changed spark plugs as well to OEM once at the dealer.

While car was at the dealer new update for jb4 came out and I couldnít wait to try it with my new sparks.
Well I got the car back few days ago and figured why not measure the 60-130 before doing the update to compare.. and so I did, first thing after pickin up the car I filled up full tank vp101 (there was about 3 gallons of 91 already in the tank)
Best results now came in with map2

7.76 and rest of my test hits in map 1 to map3 were 8 second passes

And so I pull over install the update to run same times with the update of high 7s however I felt a huge difference in the way the car was delivering the power with new update. I also tried 1/4 text and got 11.0 at 129 (60ft was 1.7)

First impression was something Isnít right power isnít linear and boost comes out of nowhere second or maybe even 2 seconds after you stomp on the throttle

Figure before making this post I do more testing with new software update and well it wouldnít let me, after a day of driving on new software any time I pressed the gas over 50% it would throw me in limp mode on map 1 or map2 havenít tried map 3 so I just installed old soft back to log the car again on old software vs new software on the same day.

anyone having similar ďlossĒ of Performance after some time? Note Iíve had my jb4 installed for over a year now. Is it possible dealer had to gap OEM plugs and they did t? Open to your suggestions

Ps Iíll upload the logs tonight

2018 BMW M5 FE - JB4 - DROP IN BMC FILTERS
(#713)
Old

Default 06-21-2020, 01:38 PM

here are the logs i was able to get
old soft is v5 new soft is v7
i did the math on oct level its about 98oct e25 ( 101 and 91 mix + e85 2 gallons )
i did 4th and 5th gear pull letting off as soon as it shifted to 6th

while logging map2 with new soft update car gave me the drivetrain malfunction

error i been receiving all the time with new update is 120719 "charging pressure control charging pressure too high" happened in map 1 and map 2.

also received this code once the day i got the car back and i cant find a description to 120901

(#714)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2020, 08:36 PM

On the 120719 fault it's a known issue we need to track down. In your log when did it appear? Middle of the run? When letting off?

Burger Motorsports

(#715)
Old

Default 06-22-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the 120719 fault it's a known issue we need to track down. In your log when did it appear? Middle of the run? When letting off?
hey Terry, to be exact it happened right after i made that log, i had to let off mid 5th gear in the log due to traffic. as soon as i got into the throttle 50% after the log, the code came on

(#716)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2020, 05:01 PM

Got it... When you have time see if you can log a similar sort of thing so we can check the data during that condition. You can just start a log manually so it's capturing everything not only WOT.

Burger Motorsports

(#717)
Old

Car: 2018 BMW M5 Individual Nardo Grey
Default 06-22-2020, 08:36 PM

Hi All, picked up a 2018 M5 base a month ago with 10K miles. Mods are AWE SwitchPath ***-back and charcoal deletes.

Terry, or anyone who can help, mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know how it looks? I'm not sure what gears or speed I need to be in to appropriately log, but these were from about 3rd-7th gear, 60-110+mph. WA 92 octane and about 80 degrees don't know how to check DA. I did 2 pulls on Map 1.

Also can you check if I have the latest firmware? I saw a stable, which I uploaded and a beta, wasn't quite sure which I should load.

Thanks in advance. I previously had a full stage 2 F10 M5 and was running bootmod3. Wanting to try the jb4 platform as to try and avoid any warranty issues if that ever came up opposed to a flash tune.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M1_R2_200622_1711.csv (18.5 KB, 79 views)
(#718)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanoNardoM5
Hi All, picked up a 2018 M5 base a month ago with 10K miles. Mods are AWE SwitchPath ***-back and charcoal deletes.

Terry, or anyone who can help, mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know how it looks? I'm not sure what gears or speed I need to be in to appropriately log, but these were from about 3rd-7th gear, 60-110+mph. WA 92 octane and about 80 degrees don't know how to check DA. I did 2 pulls on Map 1.

Also can you check if I have the latest firmware? I saw a stable, which I uploaded and a beta, wasn't quite sure which I should load.

Thanks in advance. I previously had a full stage 2 F10 M5 and was running bootmod3. Wanting to try the jb4 platform as to try and avoid any warranty issues if that ever came up opposed to a flash tune.
EWG installed for this or not?

Burger Motorsports

(#719)
Old

Default 06-23-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry yes, EWG installed. You're scaring me why? LOL

Mind answering some of my other questions. Am I on the right firmware and are logging situations ideal?

This is on map 1 w/92 octane.

Thanks.
(#720)
Old

Default 06-23-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry. Yes, EWG installed. How does the logs look or anyone else can chime in would be greatly appreciated. Wanted to be sure before I try map 2.
(#721)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanoNardoM5
Hi Terry yes, EWG installed. You're scaring me why? LOL

Mind answering some of my other questions. Am I on the right firmware and are logging situations ideal?

This is on map 1 w/92 octane.

Thanks.
Grab the latest v7 BETA firmware, duty bias to 50, pid gain to 20, FF to 50, and grab another map1 log!

Burger Motorsports

(#722)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Grab the latest v7 BETA firmware, duty bias to 50, pid gain to 20, FF to 50, and grab another map1 log!
Okay I think I can figure all of that out. How did the logs look on the current pull? Anything bad, knock, no gains? Sorry for all the questions. First time using JB4 and tuning on the M platform.
(#723)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry, I loaded the latest V7 BETA firmware, but where do I adjust the duty bias, pid gain, etc?

I see another the user adjustment settings, but when I click it, it refers to MAP 6, then below I see where I can make changes to PID gain, FF, but no duty bias option. Please advise.

Thanks!
(#724)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 05:13 PM

I also just ran codes and I’m getting 121001 TMAP sensor, short circuit to B+. What is this and anything I should be concerned about?
(#725)
Old

Default 06-25-2020, 10:22 AM

Morning All,

I loaded the v7 Beta and cleared the 121001 TMAP sensor, short circuit to B+ codes and after a couple of spirited pulls, checking TMAP sensors and unplugging/plugging OBD code hasn't come back.

Attached is a map 0 log and a map 1 log. EWG attached, 92 octane. Also my first attempt doing a 1/4, 60-130mph. I didn't launch just flat footed it. I was on sports plus, sport, sport, S3, 4wd sport.

My shifting sucked and I didn't launch but adding those factors still seems like the best time I could have got was around 11.3 ish. I was hoping for more being I was on Map 1.

Any feed back or insight would be appreciated. I want to hold on to this JB4!

dragy by Justin J, on Flickr

dragy2 by Justin J, on Flickr
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M0_R3_200624_1847.csv (24.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: csv P24_M1_R1_200624_2152.csv (20.5 KB, 71 views)