2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)

-D0WNP!PES + Catback[resonated]
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#3852)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-16-2019, 02:02 PM

BMS intakes installed today. Nice to hear the turbo spools and whoosh when you let off the gas. Dyno in 6 days. Back to 93 for now but will be on e30 for my appointment. Hoping for 415 whp, 410 minimum.

2019 Q50 Luxe *JB4 with Fuel Wires*
(#3853)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
BMS intakes installed today. Nice to hear the turbo spools and whoosh when you let off the gas. Dyno in 6 days. Back to 93 for now but will be on e30 for my appointment. Hoping for 415 whp, 410 minimum.
If it's a fair reading dynojet you should hit it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3854)
Old

Car: Q50
Default newb - 02-16-2019, 06:02 PM

new here, recently installed JB4. First, why does my gear indicator always show 0. Second, how do my logs look? Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-07 13_48_32 Map-7 (1).csv (14.8 KB, 13 views)
(#3855)
Old

Car: q50
Default 02-17-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsq50
new here, recently installed JB4. First, why does my gear indicator always show 0. Second, how do my logs look? Thanks
what version firmware? trans temp didn't show up so must be old? Boost and timing looked fine. You should consider the fuel wire upgrade.
(#3856)
Old

Default 02-17-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
what version firmware? trans temp didn't show up so must be old? Boost and timing looked fine. You should consider the fuel wire upgrade.
I'm guessing Rev 3.6?
(#3857)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Log looks good to me but it's older v2 firmware. Gear isn't currently logging, road speed is there though.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3858)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Luxe
Default 02-17-2019, 06:43 PM

My logs always show 0 for gear, I'm using FW version 7.
(#3859)
Old

Default 02-17-2019, 06:43 PM

ok so i need to update to JB4_VR30_7.hex on post #2?
(#3860)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Yes - V7 is the latest - number of notable improvements

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4
  • BMS CAI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#3861)
Old

Default 02-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, if you're on firmware 2 there's quite a bit more features now including fixes in some of the logging functions.
(#3862)
Old

Default 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM

thanks guys, i will give it a try!
(#3863)
Old

Car: 2018 INFINITI Q50 Silver Sport 3.0TT
Default BMS Stage 1 Adjustment - 02-18-2019, 08:30 PM

Hello everyone!

I just got my hands on a BMS Stage 1 for my 2018 Q50 Silver Sport. From what I understand from the description of the product, the default map comes +3psi over stock but can be adjusted via the BMS Data Cable. Is there a link with instructions on how to adjust it? Or can someone help me out? I have the JB4 Software installed already.

Thanks!!!
Bryan
(#3864)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 08:59 PM

First post has all the details.

Burger Motorsports

(#3865)
Old

Car: 2018 INFINITI Q50 Silver Sport 3.0TT
Default 02-18-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
First post has all the details.
OMG....how did I miss that...I guess I was too excited to get it on my car!

Once I select Map 3 and make the adjustments, do I just exit the program and Map 3 becomes the active? Thanks Terry
(#3866)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 02-18-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman09
OMG....how did I miss that...I guess I was too excited to get it on my car!

Once I select Map 3 and make the adjustments, do I just exit the program and Map 3 becomes the active? Thanks Terry
after you click "save" it should be.

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)

-D0WNP!PES + Catback[resonated]
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#3867)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50
Default Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Can the BMS data cable hard wired software be downloaded on Android OS tablets? I currently have it on my Mac but I want to have a device with me at all times so itís easier to change maps and such. Whatís the requirements other than a USB in order to have the JB4 desktop app installed
(#3868)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datQfitty
Can the BMS data cable hard wired software be downloaded on Android OS tablets? I currently have it on my Mac but I want to have a device with me at all times so it’s easier to change maps and such. What’s the requirements other than a USB in order to have the JB4 desktop app installed
Yes, with an OTG you can use JB4 Mobile (phone app) with the BMS data cable instead of the blue tooth adapter. It's an app side setting.

For the windows interface anything will do as long as it has a USB port and windows.

Burger Motorsports

(#3869)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Premium AWD
Default Today, 10:16 AM

Terry,

I bumped up my Stage 1 to +7 on my 2017 Q60 AWD Premium on 93 and it is running great without any issues for about 3 weeks now. Is it safe to go higher, or is there a point of diminishing returns?

Thanks
(#3870)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default Today, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q60NH
Terry,

I bumped up my Stage 1 to +7 on my 2017 Q60 AWD Premium on 93 and it is running great without any issues for about 3 weeks now. Is it safe to go higher, or is there a point of diminishing returns?

Thanks
Post up a log so we can take a look.

Burger Motorsports

(#3871)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Premium AWD
Default Today, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Post up a log so we can take a look.
I'm running Stage 1 so I'm not able to generate logs.
(#3872)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Terry,

Thanks
You're really flying blind doing that on Stage1. I wouldn't suggest it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3873)
Old

Default Today, 01:36 PM

Seems silly to turn the boost up at all without being able to log the parameters to see if everything is good. Basically hoping and guessing and that's it.
(#3874)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default Today, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I'm running Stage 1 so I'm not able to generate logs.
The upgrade is cheap and well worth it! I highly recommend it.