N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3176)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe 3.0t
Default 11-10-2018, 01:13 AM

Terry@bms

can you check my data logs. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-10 00_55_20Map_6.csv (12.6 KB, 6 views)
(#3177)
Old

Car: 2018 q50 red sport
Default 11-10-2018, 08:45 AM

hi terry I just purchased a used jb4 with Bluetooth installed it this morning but im getting the error code kit not owned so I sent the email to reset if u can asap im excited to try this email is rralph13@hotmail.com,
also im new to it which map should I start with I have rs400 and just muffler delete and k an n airfilters.. thanks so much!!
(#3178)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2018, 07:50 PM

Map1 is a good starting point or the RS.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3179)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2018, 07:50 PM

We had our Q50 out representing today at NFZ. Will link in some videos here soon.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3180)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 12:11 AM

thanks terry and crew I am up and running!! I am new so I got a few ? forgive if some are dumb!!
?! I see guys with ss running boost up to 7.5 and I been reading for my rs not to set it higher then 5. so when im setting it to 7.5 or 5 is that total 7.5 or 5 or are those numbers on top of what the factor is? another words if I set 3500 rpm to 5psi is that 5 plus what ever factory is or is it 5 total? and if its total y can the ss use 7.5 and people say the rs not more then 5 is the ss have turbos different?

? 2 why would u not want full boost at lower rpm y would u start at lets just say 2.5psi at 3300 rpm y wouldn't I want to make full boost right away ?

again sorry if they are dumb?? newbee with a ocd mind and have to ask these things...
(#3181)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 12:27 PM

What you request isn't always what you get, as the setting is the request. Actual boost will depend on how much boost it runs stock (e.g. SS vs. RS), EGT, conditions, etc. And how much boost you should run depends on base ignition advance, octane, and other factors that vary between RS and SS.

Our map suggests are setup to make navigating what might be confusing very easily. Short story, when starting out, use one of the maps we suggest for your setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#3182)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 01:09 PM

ok which would u suggest I tried 3 and 1 and 6 but only feel slight gains, I know on the rs I will not feel as much that's why just looking for the max setting so I can feel it, I blew a motor already so im not scared to blow another!! lol
(#3183)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 02:43 PM

I suggest map1 for pump fuel on the RS.

Burger Motorsports

(#3184)
Old

Car: INFINITI Q60 RED SPORT
Default Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Can I stack JB1 map 1 on top of a 19PSI Ecutek time? Just asking for a friend.
(#3185)
Old

Car: 18 q50 redsport
Default Yesterday, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie1313
ok which would u suggest I tried 3 and 1 and 6 but only feel slight gains, I know on the rs I will not feel as much that's why just looking for the max setting so I can feel it, I blew a motor already so im not scared to blow another!! lol
Just run map 5 with 93 octane. Its best map for rs. Imo.
(#3186)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPG
Probably if the fuel is good, log map0 (ECUtek only) and log1, and let's check it out!

Burger Motorsports

(#3187)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Terry,

I am Z0sick6 on Corvetteforum and tested out your drop in filter for that car. Love my C7 Z06.

I am going to be leasing a new DD 3.0T q50 I believe... I used to have a 335.

Question: If I am only going to run 93 octane in NJ and not change anything else, am I good with 5 psi over stock, if so what map is that and am I good with Stage 1 if that is all I am going to do or would I notice a benefit with the JB4?
(#3188)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Awesome! Always nice to see cross platform BMS customers.

You should be fine on map5 with good 93 octane on a 300hp model. Huge power gains vs stock if that is your question.

Burger Motorsports

(#3189)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPG
Why would you (he) do that? 22 psi on 93 octane? Running 100 octane race fuel or E30 you might get away with it, but I would consider it "Kill Tune" territory and would run it once in awhile, not all the time. I shudder to think how high the boost spikes will be... 25-26 psi?

If on 93 octane, you're (he's) likely going to be slower because that high of boost pressure will invoke knock retard, timing getting pulled, and wastegate opening.

The stock turbos have their limits.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek Stage 2 tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake
(#3190)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default Today, 02:05 AM

Great!! Videos of the Q50 getting beaten by Vette, Kia, M5. Those videos make me think i need a faster car. Then again, those races were against super cars. The Kia beating the Q shocked me. Just from the Kia passing i need a new car. I don’t wanna ever bump into a Kia. Next car I’m hoping to go M3 if they make it AWD system, if not then probably the 340ix

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)

Last edited by g0t2bmiirii; Today at 02:10 AM..
(#3191)
Old

Car: INFINITI Q60 RED SPORT
Default Today, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400
Why would you (he) do that? 22 psi on 93 octane? Running 100 octane race fuel or E30 you might get away with it, but I would consider it "Kill Tune" territory and would run it once in awhile, not all the time. I shudder to think how high the boost spikes will be... 25-26 psi?

If on 93 octane, you're (he's) likely going to be slower because that high of boost pressure will invoke knock retard, timing getting pulled, and wastegate opening.

Lol I know N54/N55 and B58 all stack w/ flash back ends so despite our open deck itís still possible. As far as I know no one on VR30DDTT has tried this. Iím already going through my tuner via ECUtek logs. Iím gonna track again Friday and will do a map 0 JB* log simultaneously to see how much they differ VS ecutek.
(#3192)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Great!! Videos of the Q50 getting beaten by Vette, Kia, M5. Those videos make me think i need a faster car. Then again, those races were against super cars. The Kia beating the Q shocked me. Just from the Kia passing i need a new car. I donít wanna ever bump into a Kia. Next car Iím hoping to go M3 if they make it AWD system, if not then probably the 340ix
lol, I think some of the Q50 kills didn't record right which is annoying. We had the only Q50 out there so it earned some respect. Walked a lot of domestic cars.

Burger Motorsports

(#3193)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default Today, 09:57 AM

Having the Q50 out at NFZ is already a big win for the platform.
Z06 and M5s are no joke and every car out there is tuned as well.
Being able to challenge them is already impressive on it's own.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3194)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default Today, 10:32 AM

Are you going the link to your *** at NFZ?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3195)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 11:23 AM

He made a thread here for the Q50 results.

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55810

Burger Motorsports

(#3196)
Old

Car: Q
Default Today, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400

Stacking is actually safer than you think, as you can monitor more in depth with ECUTek than JB4.

In fact, I had one of my fastest times with a stacked 91 tune + JB1 +4.5 (~20psi, as JB is not linear) on E30 with no issues (no spikes or anything, as it goes off the base target of the tune). YMMV
(#3197)
Old

Car: q60
Default Today, 02:51 PM

Terry, many of us that don't have a tune are frustrated by the poor launching of the car (especially awd cars). Anyhow...through talking with some tuners I discovered that what prevents the car from building substantial boost is the "brake pedal limiter" , which i presume is some sort of override that limits throttle if the brake is depressed.

That sounds like it might be something that is up Buger tuning's alley (the sense i got was that it was one input that would need to be blocked/altered)?
(#3198)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default Today, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
lol, I think some of the Q50 kills didn't record right which is annoying. We had the only Q50 out there so it earned some respect. Walked a lot of domestic cars.
What kind of domestic cars? For me Iíd like to see it up against a WRX/STI, or cars that are in its class

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)