N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#976)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 11-07-2018, 03:44 PM

Make sure you have the latest update for your JB4---you can do that thru the App!
(#977)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
Make sure you have the latest update for your JB4---you can do that thru the App!
Firmware? Yes, forgot to mention I did that. Thanks, will edit my post.
(#978)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger 3.3L, 1972 Cutlass 403, 2002 Lincoln LS 3.9L
Default 11-08-2018, 08:01 AM

Terry - two feature requests:

1) a true MAP gauge (not just boost). I like tracking vacuum levels too. It's the old school engine builder in me.

2) Changing the tuning map based on time or engine condition. e.g., start on map 0 while the engine warms up, then switch to desired map after the engine is warm. Basically just prevent one from hurting themselves. :D
(#979)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 11-08-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
Anything else I should be doing to get this dialed in? Or just enjoy Maps 1&2 (sometimes 3 when I dump a few gallons of e85 in)
Some have been running map 3 with healthy 93 octane without issues. With a few gallons of E85 (to make an E30 mix) you should be running map 5.
(#980)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball
Terry - two feature requests:

1) a true MAP gauge (not just boost). I like tracking vacuum levels too. It's the old school engine builder in me.

2) Changing the tuning map based on time or engine condition. e.g., start on map 0 while the engine warms up, then switch to desired map after the engine is warm. Basically just prevent one from hurting themselves. :D
Warmup protection is already built in, boost is stock until water temp is > 170F. We'll expand that to include oil temperature soon.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#981)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger 3.3L, 1972 Cutlass 403, 2002 Lincoln LS 3.9L
Default 11-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Warmup protection is already built in, boost is stock until water temp is > 170F. We'll expand that to include oil temperature soon.
Awesome! And MAP gauge?
(#982)
Old

Default 11-08-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Does this pertain to ALL manufacture platforms of the JB4 you offer?
(#983)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2018, 12:14 PM

We generally include a warmup safety in all JB4 offerings, but there can be application specific variations so you'd want to ask in the specific thread of the JB4 you run.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#984)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default Engine check light - 11-09-2018, 08:46 PM

Since Terry isn't allowed, im sure someone else can, how do I get rid of a check engine light with my car, I installed the hatless ********* and I have the two codes that are thrown with it, theres nothing wrong with the car, but id rather not stare at these everyday, I tried to set the fuse D to 90 (youtube video on a MK7 with the same problem) but I need help, thanks!
(#985)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 11-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Are you in the US? Do you use Android phone? You might be able to root the phone and set region to non us then use the jb4 code suppression settings
(#986)
Old

Default 11-09-2018, 09:19 PM

yes im in the states, im in florida actually, we have no emission tests, no I have an iPhone
(#987)
Old

Default 11-09-2018, 09:33 PM

what are the code suppression settings
(#988)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 11-10-2018, 12:12 PM

Under the wmi settings there is a "passive delete" button. On non is regions that sets the code deleted for *** inefficiency. Not available on us due to CARB certification
(#989)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 11-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Finally got the JB4 installed with fuel wires. Haven't raised above map1 yet, wanted to play it safe and make sure I didn't leave anything unplugged or unhooked after that ridiculous spark plug swap..... I've owned a lot of vehicles and that one wins the all-time difficulty award.

How do things look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-10 20_19_11.csv (12.9 KB, 7 views)
(#990)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2018, 07:50 PM

We had our Stinger out representing today at NFZ. Will link in some videos here soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#991)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgascho
Finally got the JB4 installed with fuel wires. Haven't raised above map1 yet, wanted to play it safe and make sure I didn't leave anything unplugged or unhooked after that ridiculous spark plug swap..... I've owned a lot of vehicles and that one wins the all-time difficulty award.

How do things look?
The plug swap is a headache, but once you've done it once it's much easier. Log looks good to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#992)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt2
Default 11-10-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
Since Terry isn't allowed, im sure someone else can, how do I get rid of a check engine light with my car, I installed the hatless ********* and I have the two codes that are thrown with it, theres nothing wrong with the car, but id rather not stare at these everyday, I tried to set the fuse D to 90 (youtube video on a MK7 with the same problem) but I need help, thanks!
How does it run with the deletes? Any smell issues? Any update on the light issue?
(#993)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 12:03 PM

Light is still on, quiet frustrating actually, I can’t even use the launch control in the car now due to the engine light, went to the track yesterday and ran a 12.6 due to a good proper launch, really ticked me off, granted it was hot, but For the mods I have .. I should be consistint high 11’s
Yes there’s a smell, only when you’re behind the car or behind me while driving, car is remarkably quicker, but the noise the car makes is S**T, need to figure out how to get rid of the rasp/rice, was thinking about adding the stock mufflers back on but wouldn’t that hurt performance?
(#994)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 12:07 PM

Oh what a difference JB4 controlled WMI makes. Couple of logs from the NFZ half mile racing event Saturday. Mods are JB4, 30% E85, BMS intake. Map5 (no meth) vs. map8 (meth on, 70 additive). With BMS WMI 146mph, without only 139mph. Videos to follow.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#995)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
Light is still on, quiet frustrating actually, I can’t even use the launch control in the car now due to the engine light, went to the track yesterday and ran a 12.6 due to a good proper launch, really ticked me off, granted it was hot, but For the mods I have .. I should be consistint high 11’s
Yes there’s a smell, only when you’re behind the car or behind me while driving, car is remarkably quicker, but the noise the car makes is S**T, need to figure out how to get rid of the rasp/rice, was thinking about adding the stock mufflers back on but wouldn’t that hurt performance?
Yea I was wondering about the sound. I'm beginning to think it's time to put the breaks on with the mods. At least until bigger turbos are available. I bought this instead of a hellcat so I wouldn't go crazy. Now I have Drone and it only seems like things get worse with the *****'s. I have a sickness and it's nearly impossible for me to leave stuff alone. This happened to me with M car's then on day I decided to stop the BS with FI 6 cylinders and built a high 9 FI V8 street car. That may happen again soon. Lol
(#996)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducaiti999
Yea I was wondering about the sound. I'm beginning to think it's time to put the breaks on with the mods. At least until bigger turbos are available. I bought this instead of a hellcat so I wouldn't go crazy. Now I have Drone and it only seems like things get worse with the *****'s. I have a sickness and it's nearly impossible for me to leave stuff alone. This happened to me with M car's then on day I decided to stop the BS with FI 6 cylinders and built a high 9 FI V8 street car. That may happen again soon. Lol
Just get you a Redeye and be done with it--low 11's with ZERO mods and factory warranty to boot!!
(#997)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
Just get you a Redeye and be done with it--low 11's with ZERO mods and factory warranty to boot!!
Yea I can see the possibilities. Lol. Problem is it won't stop with stock.