N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Carbon Turbo
Default 05-30-2021, 07:36 PM

Got one for the CX-5, interested to see how it goes as it is decently fun car but could use a little bump
(#152)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default 05-31-2021, 11:28 AM

I came from Mazdas247 and joined the forum to follow along with the progress. Looks like its going pretty well! You guys have certainly come the farthest compared to others who have promised tunes and then vanished.

Do you think the CX-5 JB4 Beta would also work for my 2018 CX-9?

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
(#153)
Old

Car: Mazda6
Smile Yes - 05-31-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1ke
I came from Mazdas247 and joined the forum to follow along with the progress. Looks like its going pretty well! You guys have certainly come the farthest compared to others who have promised tunes and then vanished.

Yes I do because they are the same engine.
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1ke

We expect so but keep in mind it's BETA at this point. On the CX version we've not added MAF control yet. It doesn't appear we need it but we won't know for sure until we get more data in from various users. If we do end up adding it or any other changes they will be provided free of charge to all BETA customers of course.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 05-31-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can just place a separate order for the pinned JB4 mobile adapter on the site and email sales to combine them.
I believe I have ordered the JB4 for the Mazda 3 2.5 turbo, see order #BMS214402. However; I do not know what else I need to order from the following items?

1) Instructions mention; "Optional OBDII Cable (to provide CANbus capability"
or
2) JB4 Wireless Mobile Smart Phone Kit: $140.00
or
3) BMS Data cable: $35.00

Are any of the above included with the basic JB4? I suspect I also need to be ordering #1, or #2, or#3, or some combination of the above?

Thanks in Advance to anyone who can educate me on what else I need to order !
(#156)
Old

Car: Focus RS
Default 06-01-2021, 06:21 AM

Another 2017 CX-9 GT here to join the party!
(#157)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 Hatch Turbo PP
Default 06-01-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2
I believe I have ordered the JB4 for the Mazda 3 2.5 turbo, see order #BMS214402. However; I do not know what else I need to order from the following items?

or
or

Are any of the above included with the basic JB4? I suspect I also need to be ordering #1, or #2, or#3, or some combination of the above?

I believe they all come with the OBDII cable, but routing/connecting it is optional. As I understand it, this allows for additional functionality.

As far as other connectivity, you can choose either #2 or #3. #2 is wireless and connects via bluetooth and allows control from your phone while using the JB4 app (separate purchase in app store). #3 is a wired connection. Here's some more info from the #3 product page: N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 laptop connection directions
(#158)
Old

Default 06-01-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbradt
I believe they all come with the OBDII cable, but routing/connecting it is optional. As I understand it, this allows for additional functionality.

As far as other connectivity, you can choose either #2 or #3. #2 is wireless and connects via bluetooth and allows control from your phone while using the JB4 app (separate purchase in app store). #3 is a wired connection. Here's some more info from the #3 product page: N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 laptop connection directions
@jbradt
Thank You this for the explanation above, also the link to the video - Very Helpful !!
(#159)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:

or
or

You need 2 or 3 to connect to the JB4 to change maps, adjust settings, update firmware, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b11lee
Another 2017 CX-9 GT here to join the party!

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Car: Cx5 turbo
Default 06-07-2021, 02:37 PM

I'm happy i got my JB4 in the mail today for my CX5.

I have Corksport intake did a few runs BEFORE the JB4 on 91, ( only have 91), waiting on my dragy for accurate ones. Slight slope, i was going back and fort, and very warm day.

(#162)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
Default 2017+ Mazda 6 - 06-07-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Any update on when you’ll have more for the 2017+ Mazda 6? Been eagerly awaiting this since I bought the car 3 years ago.
(#163)
Old

Default 06-08-2021, 02:57 PM

Anyone have a pic where the chargepipe map sensor is on the CX-5? I can't locate it
(#164)
Old

Default 06-08-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy CX5
Anyone have a pic where the chargepipe map sensor is on the CX-5? I can't locate it
You have to remove the front bumper for a clean install, its on the intercooler, passager side. You can see it from the bottom grill by moving the small shroud, hockey tape hold it and you need to remove it. I just did my install yesterday.
(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2021, 06:45 PM

Working on an install guide for the CX and 6 models, just behind schedule here.

The Mazda3 units have not shipped yet but Payam was working on them today!

This is the photo most need to install the CX/6.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Default 06-08-2021, 06:47 PM

Got it installed and took it for a run, definitely a huge difference, that map sensor behind the bumper is a royal pain to get to, rest of install was straight forward, Bluetooth module definitely worth it, makes switching maps and seeing data easy.
(#167)
Old

Default JB4 Tuning Mazda 2.5 Turbo - 06-09-2021, 07:03 PM

So yesterday I received my JB4 kit for my Mazda 3 2.5 turbo. This appears to be a very nice high quality kit and I can't wait to install it this weekend.

I also have a few questions if anyone can comment, perhaps Terry will chime in:

1) So it seems there are 2 additional maps with increased boost; Map 1 +3psi, and Map 2 + 4psi. I suspect that 93RON is more than adequate for the Map2 at +4 psi.

My other question has to do with future maps with the possibility of even "MORE":

2) Does anyone know if the Mazda's ECU can handle E30 (30% E85 mixed with 91/93 octane). Important question, because I have heard that it is also possible that running E30 could be dangerous? Especially if the engines ECU and fueling system cannot push the extra volume of fuel that would be needed in an E30 blend?
(#168)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2021, 08:25 PM

Currently the system is BETA so you'll have to email me directly if you need any assistance. No one else here knows anything else about it.

On fuel up to 30% E85 can be used. Not had any issues running it on ours during development. Sure beats 91 octane!

Burger Motorsports

(#169)
Old

Default 06-10-2021, 05:33 AM

Thanks Terry - good to know E30 also works.
For now, I will start out with the 93 that is available in our area.
(#170)
Old

Default 06-10-2021, 11:04 AM

Bit of issue with CX5 paired with Corksport intake, on Normal and sport mode when you gently press the gas while crussing the car will jerk, its any time you are moving and lightly press the gass, boost wants to kick in and its cutting, makin the car jerk, you need to press the gas harder or lift your foot. I sent logs to Terry.
(#171)
Old

Default 06-10-2021, 11:37 AM

I've got the same issue, no intake, so it isn't related to that I don't think. Going to send Terry another Log tonight as I'm doing a good 45 min drive of highway and street. just seems like those partial throttle it surges up, not smooth
(#172)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cx5_sunryse
Bit of issue with CX5 paired with Corksport intake, on Normal and sport mode when you gently press the gas while crussing the car will jerk, its any time you are moving and lightly press the gass, boost wants to kick in and its cutting, makin the car jerk, you need to press the gas harder or lift your foot. I sent logs to Terry.
Yes on the CX models I think it's a combination of how we have the pedal mapped out in conjunction with the missing MAF control that we'll have to add to the CX harness. I'll check the logs emailed in later and provide some suggestions.

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old

Default 06-12-2021, 11:55 AM

Installing the JB4 on my M3 Turbo today. 2/3 of the way finished and came to a hard stop with my last set of connections for the MAP sensor on the charge-pipe.

The factory connectors are 3 wire and the JB4 harness came with 4-wire connections. Anyone else run into this issue?
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Installing the JB4 on my M3 Turbo today. 2/3 of the way finished and came to a hard stop with my last set of connections for the MAP sensor on the charge-pipe.

The factory connectors are 3 wire and the JB4 harness came with 4-wire connections. Anyone else run into this issue?
Sounds like you have a CX/6 system and NOT a Mazda3 system. They are not interchangeable. You'll have to send that one back for the correct system.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old

Default 06-12-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you have a CX/6 system and NOT a Mazda3 system. They are not interchangeable. You'll have to send that one back for the correct system.
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response. I assumed that might be the case. I sent an email with photos to Burger Sales (and support). Hopefully they will provide me with additional instructions on Monday.