N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: e90 335
Default 03-04-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Some good news our 2011-2014 3.5L harnesses finally came in! We'll have it as a variant on our site shortly. 2015, the harness can change based on build date so if you have a 2015 F150 EcoBoost email in photos of the TMAP and MAP sensor so we can confirm what you need.

This same harness should be compatible with a few of the various other models that have been sidelined so let's get those rolling too.

Ford F150/Raptor JB4 Tuner | Burger Motorsports
Will this harness also fit the Explorer Sport?
(#452)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival23
Will this harness also fit the Explorer Sport?
Yes but post photos of the TMAP and MAP sensor so we know which harness you need, there are 3 types. v1, v1.5, and v2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#453)
Old

Car: 2018 Raptor
Default 03-16-2019, 03:33 PM

Hello Terry,

Just to confirm. The best fuel I can get here in the wonderful state of California is 91 octane, unless I put in some sort of additive or E85. Is Map 1 the only level that I can safely run? Thanks for your help.
(#454)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2019, 06:25 PM

I'd start with map1. You may be able to get away with map2, we run it sometimes, but ideally you'd want 93+ or a little E85 mixed in for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#455)
Old

Car: 2018 Raptor
Default 03-17-2019, 08:46 AM

Thanks Terry! I have had my JB4 installed for a couple of days and really like it. The increase in power is very noticible on level 1 and it makes the truck even more fun to drive.
(#456)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2019, 10:37 AM

Glad to hear!

Burger Motorsports

(#457)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2019, 10:03 AM

Finally got back to the dyno with our 2018 F150 2.7L (aka Baby Raptor), equipped with Pure 550 turbos, JB4, and a custom back end flash map made via the HP Tuners platform. Car is otherwise all stock including the stock intake, exhaust intercooler, etc. The ultimate sleeper.

Fuel for the testing was ~30% E85, rest 91 octane.

I intentionally kept torque reasonable as it's on the factory 245/70/17 tires and added a nice ramp up to ~500whp at 5500rpm. I believe it could carry 500whp to redline but there are still a few limiters I need to sort out on the flash side. Still, very pleased with the turbo performance at only around 25psi peak.

We will be adding HP Tuners back end flash maps for all EcoBoost applications including the Raptors to our JB4 thread shortly for free and open use for any JB4 customer looking to take their truck to the next level!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#458)
Old

Car: 2017 Ford Raptor
Default Error message - 03-24-2019, 09:58 AM

Hi Terry. I shut Truck off with jb4 running fine and now I canít get jb4 to reconnect at all. Been working perfectly up till now.
Keep getting this message : error. Network/server error. - ??
(2017 Raptor w/jb4 + pedal Tuner)
(#459)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2019, 02:21 PM

Maybe an app side issue? I had someone report something like that today. Post in here to ask Donnie directly: JB4 Mobile - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#460)
Old

Car: 2017 Ford Raptor
Default 03-25-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Maybe an app side issue? I had someone report something like that today. Post in here to ask Donnie directly: JB4 Mobile - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Hi Terry. Thanks for The Quick response. I ended up updating the jb4 app on my phone and logged in and allís good. Working like it should. Thanks again!
(#461)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 03-27-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Finally got back to the dyno with our 2018 F150 2.7L (aka Baby Raptor), equipped with Pure 550 turbos, JB4, and a custom back end flash map made via the HP Tuners platform. Car is otherwise all stock including the stock intake, exhaust intercooler, etc. The ultimate sleeper.

Fuel for the testing was ~30% E85, rest 91 octane.

I intentionally kept torque reasonable as it's on the factory 245/70/17 tires and added a nice ramp up to ~500whp at 5500rpm. I believe it could carry 500whp to redline but there are still a few limiters I need to sort out on the flash side. Still, very pleased with the turbo performance at only around 25psi peak.

We will be adding HP Tuners back end flash maps for all EcoBoost applications including the Raptors to our JB4 thread shortly for free and open use for any JB4 customer looking to take their truck to the next level!
That is crazy power from the 2.7 wow!!

Terry I just got the 2019 Limited with Raptor motor, I'm guessing its ok to install the JB4--no issues!
(#462)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2019, 05:02 PM

Yes no issue at all! But post a log here on say map1 so I can check it out and ensure it's good before going up in power.

Burger Motorsports

(#463)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Yes no issue at all! But post a log here on say map1 so I can check it out and ensure it's good before going up in power.
Cool---I have to wait a little, it only has 300 miles on it!
(#464)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 04-16-2019, 10:05 PM

Iím just shy of 32k miles on the Raptor. Jb4 tuned for about 30k miles now. Whatís the overall consensus on a good set of plugs to go with? Iím thinking itís time for some new ones.
(#465)
Old

Default 04-17-2019, 09:02 AM

Well if its been running good on the stock plugs, then I would just replace them with OEM-
(#466)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
Well if its been running good on the stock plugs, then I would just replace them with OEM-
I know many recommend going a step colder when tuned. Did this on my N54 and was very happy.

Ended up doing some more research and it seems the Motorcraft SP-542 iridium gapped at .025 has been good for a tuned 3.5 ecoboost. I'll report back in a week.
(#467)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 03:31 PM

Looking forward to the feedback!

Burger Motorsports

(#468)
Old
MY TR6 needs Bimmer power

Car: 07 335i coupť cabriolet
Default Map 7 prep. - 04-30-2019, 07:04 PM

Hi all,

Terry thanks for all the products you have created!!
Put on my JB4 at 30K miles on my 2007 e93 and and sold it 3 months ago with 192K. Map 7 most of its life running 100 oct at $7 a gallon.
Did an intake cleaning at 140k and nothing was there hard driving and high boost kept it clean!

Looking to add JB4 to my Truck it has 30K on it and want to prep for map 7.
On my 335i I burnt through the plugs and coils every 30k. So ideas would be great here. Did not add a better fuel pump but would get codes sometimes.

Looking to add JB4 to my Truck it has 30K on it and want to prep for map 7.
2015 ford f150 3.5 ecoboost

So here is a list what do you guys think I need to do?

1. Colder plugs?
2. Better coils any ideas?

3. Going to run 100 octane unleaded it is local in Charlotte NC. Hard to find e85 to mix but I may look.
4. Better injectors higher flow?
5. Intake ordering yours now.
6. True dual exhaust system? Any down *****?

7. Bigger inter cooler?
8. Fuel pump?
9. Worth upgrading to 2017 turbos? Or pricing on the Pure Hybrids?

I would like to get over 500 hp.
If not I may trade up for the 5L and add a whipple SC for 700 hp.
This is a platinum that I got for a good deal and new you made a JB4 for it so thought I would give it a try first.

Any suggestions would save me a bunch of time.

So please comment I welcome all opinions.

Thanks again very happy JB4 and JBD user for many years.
Triumph

Old
2007 335i e93 JB4

2009 X5 diesel JBD

Current:
Ford 2015 f150 3.5 ecoboost
(#469)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2019, 09:54 PM

We run the stock plugs and gap on our raptor without issue. Stock injectors. Intake is mostly sound but won't hurt. Fuel system all fine.

You can run up to 30% E85 on just JB4. For stronger mixtures, we're working on an upgrade kit for them.

Burger Motorsports

(#470)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-01-2019, 02:02 PM

Any dyno results on the standard 3.5L - stock vs. JB4?

I haven't come across any on the forum or elsewhere online.
(#471)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2019, 08:10 AM

We've tuned a ton of them but I don't have any dyno results for the standard 3.5L handy currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#472)
Old

Car: 2015 f150 2.7
Default 05-06-2019, 11:12 AM

So I am just curious should I run a colder thermostat for here in Vegas and a step colder in plugs I have read that some do and some don’t. Only asking cause here in Vegas it’s hot as hell and with towing and extra heavy foot driving my temps do climb. Also is there a new update to the jb4 cause I have mine since September of 18
(#473)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 11:37 AM

We have an update we're playing with now but haven't posted it yet, a lot of the changes have to do with those running back end flash maps, larger turbo options, CPI, etc.

On the stat I would leave it personally. Won't make a big difference on temps.

Burger Motorsports

(#474)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 2.7
Talking wowee! - 05-07-2019, 11:04 AM

I installed JB4 on my 2018 F-150 2.7 about two weeks ago and all I can say is WOW! So far I have a levels performance intercooler, SPD performance ******* non-resonated ********, and AEM drop in filter. The power difference on just map 3 is nuts! I love the fact I can roast my 285/50/20's from a launch and still spin from a 30-40 roll. Can't wait for backend flashes to be released, map 5 is too much for damp roads LOL.
(#475)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 2.7
Default 05-07-2019, 11:07 AM

On second thought has anybody ran full e85 mix yet? 2018's are supposedly up to par fueling wise with the addition of port fuel injection to GDI.