N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old

Car: 2008 e92 335i, jb4 tune, bmw m performance exhuast, lux halo lights, BMS intake, h@r coilovers
Default 04-28-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

This is the thread for discussion and details on the new JB4 anti-lag feature. This feature allows you to pull 25 degrees of timing on the fly using either the volumne button on your steering wheel or brake pedal to spool up the turbos before starting a race.
For example during a rolling race get close to the starting speed, press the volume down, floor the car, let boost build, and let go of the volume button to rocket away at full boost. It's really an exhilarating feeling. The larger the turbos the more fun it is!

Note this setup is experimental. We do not know whether or not it will cause any long term damage to your exhaust valves or turbine. But my gut feeling is that as long as its used with ethanol fuel and in moderation that there won't be any issues. Just keep in mind it's a racing part. And when you're racing sometimes you're breaking.

Order Link:

We've added the kit to our site on the n54 upgrades page: http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

Results:

Anti-lag dyno testing on a large single turbo. Incredible spool improvement! http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33639

Install Guide:

1) Disconnect negative battery cable
2) Open the JB4 enclosure and using a small screwdriver pry out the chip closest to the data cable connector. It will be labeled 23k22 or 24k22. Insert the new chip and press it down in place.
3) Take apart the BMS data cable shell and insert the anti-lag wire in to spot #4. Reassemble connector or if you prefer throw the shell away and reattach to the JB4 using one of the smaller screws that was within the cable as shown below.
4) The other end of the wire has a male and female jumper that fits within the JB4 harness on the large black subconnector, spot #17, as numbered from the female side. The OEM wire that is routed to that slot is yellow/red.
5) Put the JB4 and harness back together and reattach the battery.
6) Update the JB4 to v31.4 or later firmware.
7) Make the flash file changes shown below. Note if using the github XDF you will need to modify the charge air temp timing range to go down to -25. Many table changes are required. We've added these changes to the E85 back end flash maps posted. If not using one of our E85 back end flash maps you'll need to make all the changes below manually in your BIN for the system to work properly.
8) To utilize the system select the gear you plan to start in, say 3rd gear at 40-50mph, press down on the volume button, press the gas pedal fully, and when you're ready to go let go of the volume button. When pressing both the gas pedal and button down IAT should drop to 21 degrees and timing will go negative in dash and in datalogs.
9) Note it's currently unknown whether or not this will long tern damage the turbos, motor, etc, so don't use this feature if you don't have a higher risk tolerance.

Cold Weather Update:
As a short update for you cold weather guys, we've made a logical change to the back end flash map that will allow the system to operate properly when temps dip below 32F.

The only catch is the anti-lag system may not trigger (e.g. IAT may not drop low enough when engaging) when temps warm up back to the 70s and higher. The original anti-lag wires have a 1.2k resistor inline to prevent the JB4 from causing a "intake temp sensor voltage too low" fault when anti-lag engages. We've since been able to disable this fault in the flash file and around 12/5/15 switched anti-lag kits to a 100ohm resistor. With the 100ohm resistor there will be no issues with the new logic from very warm to very cold weather.

Those with the original 1.2k resistor may want to cut it out and instead splice in a 100ohm come spring. Alternatively we've added the "wire only" as an order option to the anti-lag kit if you just need the new wire.

Videos:

can u use mhd for the back end flash or does it have to be a bms flash
(#552)
Old

Car: 335i n54
Default 05-09-2016, 01:57 PM

I just bought at jb4 with rev3 and the anti lag. I just installed everything but I don't have a computer to do the flash changes. How can I ?
Btw my iat are going from 0 to max 250
(#553)
Old

Car: '09 335xi
Default 06-23-2016, 05:09 PM

I didn't read through the whole thread but I got a JB4 on eBay a month ago (absolutely amazing device) and I went to install the anti lag today, but my board looks nothing like the one in the picture. It only has one IC in it of the size of the chip that I received (I tried to put the antilag chip in but it wouldn't connect to flash lol figured it was worth a shot - it's a different chip anyway).

Is this not compatible with some JB4s?

Also what is the final conclusion on how to operate this if it was working?

I probably missed something saying it wasn't compatible somewhere but I've been extremely happy with the burger products I've ordered so I'll probably give it away to someone around here instead of returning it, just want to know if I just missed something or if there is a way to use it with my board. I'm pretty sure my board is the G4 based on another post if that matters.

Like I said I probably just missed a post saying it wasn't compatible but want to double check before I give it away. Go easy on me if I missed something please lol
(#554)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2016, 08:15 PM

eBay strikes again. G4 was obsoleted in 2012. Get the G5 board upgrade. It comes with the anti-lag chip already so you could return that and just keep the wire.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#555)
Old

Car: '09 335xi
Default 06-24-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
eBay strikes again. G4 was obsoleted in 2012. Get the G5 board upgrade. It comes with the anti-lag chip already so you could return that and just keep the wire.
Ah, I'll have to do that. I'll just keep the antilag kit instead of returning it, I'll add it to my collection of ICs in my electronics stash might find a use for it one day when I get bored and break out the breadboard and arduino lol

Thanks!
(#556)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 07-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Does anyone know where I can download the flash to use the anti lag properly?
(#557)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2016, 09:10 PM

It's in all our latest MHD BEF files as far as I know. Which BEF file is loaded?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#558)
Old

Car: N54 135
Default 08-03-2016, 02:31 PM

I have just been reading now that it will only engage over certain speeds is it possible to use this from the line at the track as that was my original reason for ordering the anti lag

Planning to run it with the mhd race map due to availability of e85 in my area
(#559)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-09-2016, 12:10 PM

thaks! terry,

thank you for the information but...
now I only have a question,
how I can use the tuner-pro program?, when I start to use my car, I need to conect my car with my computer or I need another way to use that?

and if I need to conect with my car how I can get the .bin and .xdf conections

that is all and thak you.
(#560)
Old

Default 08-09-2016, 01:23 PM

I may have missed but is antilag installed in new jb4s? Just purchased mine 2 weeks ago.

Sorry if it's been answered
(#561)
Old

Car: '10 e61 535i Xdrive
Default 08-09-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200
I may have missed but is antilag installed in new jb4s? Just purchased mine 2 weeks ago.

From what I understand, you need to purchase the anti lag wire, which is available separately.
(#562)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200

The chipset is but the wire is still needed as well as a BEF file with that logic enabled.

Burger Motorsports

(#563)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 08-10-2016, 07:03 PM

Can use my old school chip burner to flash the anti-lag firmware file to the chip and then just buy the wire? Makes it more fun. Plus I want to be cool and different from all these new kids around here.
(#564)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-15-2016, 09:56 PM

I should be getting my Android tomorrow or the next day so, I'll be having some input after the flash. I have the JB4 installed along with the BMS Meth injection, using map 3. I'll tell ya, having the bluetooth option is great!

Oh and Terry, I just want to thank you for all your hard work. I'm sure most just get so involved with getting their setup dialed in they tend to forget and stop to recognize all your efforts.

08 335i Droptop 18lbs boost, VRSF Charge pipe, HKS BOV, BMS dual cone intake, ARM intercooler, MHD Stage 2
(#565)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-18-2016, 01:36 AM

Hi T
Possible to change Anti-Lag RPM?

335i N55 DCT
(#566)
Old

Car: 2008 e92 335i, jb4 tune, bmw m performance exhuast, lux halo lights, BMS intake, h@r coilovers
Default 08-19-2016, 08:08 PM

Can anyone from indiana do the backend flash?
(#567)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i e92 6MT
Default 09-21-2016, 01:56 PM

I just did the changes to the Race file since i installed the antilag a week ago.

As soon as i start i get P0112 intake temp sensor voltage too low.

I recently purchased my antilag so im assuming i already have the 100ohm wire.

Any info would help.

PS. All changes match the table on this post.

Thanks in advance
(#568)
Old

Default 09-21-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure335i
I just did the changes to the Race file since i installed the antilag a week ago.

As soon as i start i get P0112 intake temp sensor voltage too low.

I recently purchased my antilag so im assuming i already have the 100ohm wire.

Any info would help.

PS. All changes match the table on this post.

Thanks in advance
Hey buddy do you mind sharing your updated race bef with me?

E92 09' 335i MHD BY V8BAIT
MMP STAGE 3 / MMP PI
XHP s3 / MR.5 AIRINTAKE
VRSF **'s VRSF 7" IC / RB PCV VALVE
VTT 2" INLETS / STETT CP TIAL BOV
M3 F/R CONTROL ARMS / M3 STEERING RACK
MEGAN TOE ARMS / KW V2 SUSPENSION
ST DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS
BODY/INTERIOR MODS
N20TMAP NGK 5992s Gapped To 0.018"
PR IGINITION UPGRADE
FUEL-IT STAGE 3 LPFP / MISHMOTO + BMS OCC
SETRAB AT COOLER / PERFORMANCE EXHAUST MOD
(#569)
Old

Default 09-21-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackarrow335i
Hey buddy do you mind sharing your updated race bef with me?
Not a problem.

I'm still having issues programming it. Intake air temp too low code right at startup.

for some reason a lot of the settings change once the file is saved and i reopen it. Ill post a picture, hopefully someone can help. Once its up and running ill be sure to forward the file to you!
(#570)
Old

Default 09-21-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure335i
Not a problem.

I'm still having issues programming it. Intake air temp too low code right at startup.

for some reason a lot of the settings change once the file is saved and i reopen it. Ill post a picture, hopefully someone can help. Once its up and running ill be sure to forward the file to you!
Awesome! Thank you so much!

E92 09' 335i MHD BY V8BAIT
MMP STAGE 3 / MMP PI
XHP s3 / MR.5 AIRINTAKE
VRSF **'s VRSF 7" IC / RB PCV VALVE
VTT 2" INLETS / STETT CP TIAL BOV
M3 F/R CONTROL ARMS / M3 STEERING RACK
MEGAN TOE ARMS / KW V2 SUSPENSION
ST DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS
BODY/INTERIOR MODS
N20TMAP NGK 5992s Gapped To 0.018"
PR IGINITION UPGRADE
FUEL-IT STAGE 3 LPFP / MISHMOTO + BMS OCC
SETRAB AT COOLER / PERFORMANCE EXHAUST MOD
(#571)
Old

Default 09-21-2016, 06:48 PM

Thanks!
Attached Images

(#572)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 10-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Will this work on a drag strip? For like engage the anti lag by pressing the volume button down and press the pedal fully on m2 mode and let go when the light is on yellow?

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#573)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2016, 12:47 PM

It's not as useful for launching from a stop.. It's intended for rolling races. Although in theory it could be used to get a deeper brake boost going.

Burger Motorsports

(#574)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 10-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Ok Terry

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#575)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-04-2016, 11:24 AM

Could we enable boost on fuel to start reading boost once antilaggg is engaged???

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"