N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: e90 335xi
Default 01-31-2016, 09:13 PM

A small bit of lube does wonders for the O ring to TB you want the tight fit.. warm it up a little bit in some hot water.. swipe a little lube of choice, make sure it's aligned correctly and give her a push!
(#52)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 02-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Did you learn this at an Asian Massage Parlor?

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#53)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 02-02-2016, 07:15 PM

Terry, this pipe is 2.5" correct?

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98
Terry, this pipe is 2.5" correct?
It's a 3" pipe and includes a 3"-2.5" elbow adapter.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 02-02-2016, 08:56 PM

Awesome. Timeframe on the tial flange ones?

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2016, 08:58 PM

A month? I'm having them hold the batch and grind out the TB opening so customers won't have any more headaches on that front.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 02-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Ok thanks

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#58)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-03-2016, 05:48 AM

In4Tialflange
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2016, 11:38 AM

Found one of the problems. Our warehouse was supposed to swap out the crappy Chinese bung-cap (left) for the one we use with our BMS chargepipes (right). The right plug includes sealant and is a tighter fit so it can't screw all the way through.

If anyone bought the Phoenix Racing CP and needs the right caps just email me your address and we'll send a couple over.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2016, 03:14 PM

I figured out why some of you are having fitment issues over the throttle body and some are not. Some have coating inside and some do not. The ones with no coating are a tight fit but with some lube go right on. The ones with the black coating will not go on at all. The black coating has to be sanded away to allow fitment. We'll take a grinder to what we have left in stock before shipping. If anyone received one with coating inside and doesn't want to sand the coating off the parts are fully returnable. Just send it back to the address on our site.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Default 02-03-2016, 03:29 PM

Best customer service in the business

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#62)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 02-10-2016, 08:20 AM

Yeah from what I can tell Terry's customer service is outstanding.. I'm definitely going to get in on that batch of Tial flanged CP's..
(#63)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi e90
Default 02-10-2016, 01:08 PM

Pretty cool, just picked a tial flange charge pipe for 117. Honestly it'd be better if you made greddy ***** because there are adaptors from greddy to everything iirc..
(#64)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-11-2016, 09:26 AM

For those that don't want to wait for the tial style chargepipe. You can order these:
https://www.armmotorsports.com/N54-C...p/cp-t-335.htm

with that said, I support terry. And it will probably be worth the wait. But if you're impatient. See link above.

Last edited by J. Dub; 02-11-2016 at 11:23 AM..
(#65)
Old

Default 02-11-2016, 10:32 AM

I saw that one. Meth bungs are too close to the TB for my liking.

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#66)
Old

Default 02-11-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98
I saw that one. Meth bungs are too close to the TB for my liking.
But for those that don't run meth and don't plan to...
(#67)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 02-12-2016, 07:01 PM

I'm in for one with a Tial flange. Its time
(#68)
Old

Car: '07 335i 6MT
Default 02-13-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle
I'm in for one with a Tial flange. Its time
+1
(#69)
Old

Default 02-13-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Tial probably 3 months, HKS no plans.
How are we looking for March?
(#70)
Old

Car: 135', E46 M3, E36 M3, S13
Default 02-16-2016, 07:01 PM

Received my charge pipe today. The connection to the throttle body has been sanded but is extremely rough and the tmap sensor doesn't even fit, the hole is too small

Luckily I work at a machine shop and can fix these issues easily but you might want to look into it for your customers that aren't so fortunate.

Edit: just so we're clear i'm not hating, talking trash etc just constructive critism
Attached Images

'08 SGM 135i | '12 C63 AMG | '95 S14 | '93 S13 | '90 S13 | '89 S13 | '80 Spitfire

Last edited by PhilTrill; 02-16-2016 at 07:24 PM..
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2016, 09:06 PM

Not heard of any reports with the TMAP sensor, although that is easy to sand out. Probably also coating related. We used a rotary bit to clear out the coating on the inside of the throttle body flange. It's an ORING seal anyway so the finish is not relevant. Once you push it on you'll never see it again.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Car: 08 335i coupe
Default 02-22-2016, 12:58 PM

I received my charge pipe over the weekend and had the same problem with my tmap sensor and luckily I didn't have to sand the throttle body flange. A local machine shop fix the issue and now all is good.
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2016, 01:12 PM

Interesting. We'll start grinding the coating off the TMAP sensor hole too before shipment.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-22-2016, 01:17 PM

Terry, any update on Tial flange pipe?
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2016, 01:21 PM

We don't really do ETAs on stuff from China as they are notoriously unreliable on shipment dates. When we have them we'll post that we have them.

Burger Motorsports