N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2176)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2011, 11:03 AM

The FFPID rescaling could improve midrange response. But we have plenty more to improve there when the time comes. Just scratching the surface with what the JB4 can do.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2177)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 04-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2
Terry, did you do anything that would change how the car feels down low? Not sure what the deal is, or if I just got a really good tank of fuel, but it feels like she has a whole lot more oomph down low.
I thought the same thing. It feels like it pulls real hard.

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#2178)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-28-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The FFPID rescaling could improve midrange response. But we have plenty more to improve there when the time comes. Just scratching the surface with what the JB4 can do.

Good deal! I will try to get some logs and compare to what I have from the last FW update.

Mods: FBO
(#2179)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-28-2011, 12:44 PM

Terry, do you think I should reset adaption's cause of my crappy fuel that I had?
(#2180)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2011, 12:49 PM

I wouldn't. Just a few WOT runs with good fuel will get you back where you need to be.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2181)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM

Hey Terry,

quick question. my wife luvs driving my e90 with the JB4 and we are picking up a 535 for her next weekend. She wants a JB4 for hers but doesn't want to mess with map settings. She wants me to set it and leave it for her. is there a possibility an option to lock it in map setting so she doesn't accidentally enter the menu mode and change something while she is driving and i am out of town
(#2182)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM

lol, a 'password protect' feature would be cool
(#2183)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Futureused=1 does just that. Locks out controls.

Burger Motorsports

(#2184)
Old
I wanna go fast.

Car: E90
Default 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy99gpgt
I thought the same thing. It feels like it pulls real hard.
I'm feeling the same increase in low end power as well. Which is a relief considering I took off my resonator last week and the car was feeling weak for some odd reason. Loaded 4/22, plugged the hose back onto exhaust and power is much much better down low! Sounds great too!

I could NOT stand the sound of the resonator delete with straight *****! I've got factory mufflers with the connector pipe, my question is now should I put a x-pipe where the resonator was now to help equalize pressure fur to the exhaust flapper being active again? Or just led the muffler connector pipe take care of business?
(#2185)
Old

Default 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Futureused=1 does just that. Locks out controls.
Thanks Terry! so excited to have 2 JB4's in the garage soon
(#2186)
Old

Default 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM

i dont want to sound like a noobie, but whats the purpose of the CAN flapper open or closed? I'm just CDV delete, DCI, and JB4. No meth, *********, or anything else.

2007 335i CDV delete, JB4 (12/22/10, Hardwired V1), BMS rear spacers, BMS DCI.
(#2187)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM

There is a video posted that I'll link to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#2188)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-28-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves335i
i dont want to sound like a noobie, but whats the purpose of the CAN flapper open or closed? I'm just CDV delete, DCI, and JB4. No meth, *********, or anything else.
the purpose is changing the sound of your exhaust, at will...
(#2189)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-28-2011, 04:29 PM

what about the gauge hijacking for water temp on oil temp gauge...until engine is warm then switches back to oil temp

is that in the realm of possibilities?
(#2190)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2011, 04:37 PM

One of the next things I want to do is expand the gauge hijacking options, letting you select what you want on each gauge independently. And water temp will be in that selection list.

Burger Motorsports

(#2191)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 04-28-2011, 04:41 PM

T, what about the max cool feature...? anytime soon?
(#2192)
Old

Default 04-28-2011, 05:10 PM

any chance for a firmware download tonight

Last edited by SHATX; 04-28-2011 at 05:35 PM..
(#2193)
Old
Country Roads!

Default 04-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Water temp!! I have been quietly praying for it.

(#2194)
Old

Car: E92 335i & E60 545i
Default 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM

I am brand new to JB4. I am running map 1 with 93 oct. and exhaust flap open all the time. I was wondering a few things knowing that Map 1 is making 13-13.5 psi boost.

#1. How much of total hp/tq gain on average has been seen on map 1 on stock car with 93 oct. or even 91 oct.

#2. How would you read the hijacked fuel gauge for boost? Because it stops at a little less then 3/4th fuel tank reading on WOT acceleration in 2nd or 3rd gears. I am assuming that the 0 equals 0 boost

#3. I have not had the 4/22 firmware update. So I was wondering is there any improvement to map 1 or only to map 5.

#4. Has any one tested their car 1/4th mile or dyno results with exhaust flap open and closed. Is there any significant difference or does this not make any significant difference.

Hoping to hear back from you guys.

Cobb powered, RennArt catback exhaust, M performance racing alcantara steering & retrofit M3 paddle shifters, Alpina B3 TCU flash, LED angels.
My Rides Nick Named: BAD 3
When in doubt....flat out

Last edited by Kayani_1; 05-01-2011 at 02:48 PM..
(#2195)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM

Def max cool is soemthing i would love to see before the temps starting going into the 80 and 90 from day to day.

So far, JB4 has been great overall!

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#2196)
Old
Photog

Car: 335 Coupe 6MT
Default 04-28-2011, 07:59 PM

I did just recent update just now, bogfix defaulted to 100, it wasn't like that before. We'll see how it does.

2007 E92 335i / 6MT / Monaco Blue Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Comfort Assist / Premium / Sport / Heated Seats / Navi / Active Steering / Active Cruise Control / Park Distance Control / Rear Sunshade / Sirius MODS PicoTray / M3 Steering Wheel / Front OEM Aero Lip / Bimmian Aluminum Pedals / CDV / Ram Air Scoops / Painted Reflectors / HID 5000k / LED Angels / M Perf. Shifter / Euro Light Switch / 8500 x50 Hardwired / Center Armrest Pouch / JB4/ BT
(#2197)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
The FFPID rescaling could improve midrange response.
+1 Yes it did.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2198)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-28-2011, 10:56 PM

Would it be possible to change the brightness of the dash? Just thinking of more questionably pointless trinkets to add to jb4....
(#2199)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default car feels stronger all around.... - 04-29-2011, 03:30 AM

Quick question. In former Alpha firmware/interface future use d when set to "2" activated auto pid. Now I see future use d is for something else...

Is auto PID active on all maps now reguardless the future use D setting?

Is there a new way to turn it on and off?

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2200)
Old
Country Roads!

Default 04-29-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsniper12453
Would it be possible to change the brightness of the dash? Just thinking of more questionably pointless trinkets to add to jb4....

If I understand what you are asking, you should have this option built into your car...