(#601)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon133
I have to apologize in advance for what is probably a stupid question, but here it goes:
I just got my JB4 today and it will be installed tomorrow morning. How do I get the latest software available? is 12/22/10 the latest version? Also, for future software upgrades, can I just leave the USB cable in the car or do I have to disassemble everything every time time I load an update? Thank you for your support.
1/1/11 is the newest interface and firmware version. The interface is hosted on the first page of this thread.

Email Terry for the 1/1/11 firmware.
(#602)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM

That is true, i am playing with it more and more, and it does seem to work well for us guys who like to make changes fast.... I was thinking it might be wierd for guys who let there wifes drive or something.
Yea forget i mentioned that.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#603)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM

1/1 is being tested internally, not ready for public consumption yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#604)
Old

Car: 135i Cabrio, 6sp, M-Sport
Default 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM

so, no 1/1 yet....what the about the software updates? disassemble the whole thing again or is there a way to thread the USB cable out of the ECU box?
(#605)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 01-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
That is true, i am playing with it more and more, and it does seem to work well for us guys who like to make changes fast.... I was thinking it might be wierd for guys who let there wifes drive or something.
Yea forget i mentioned that.
You let your wife drive your car?!

Quote:
so, no 1/1 yet....what the about the software updates? disassemble the whole thing again or is there a way to thread the USB cable out of the ECU box?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6557
(#606)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
The 1/1 is the JB4 interface.
1/1 Software isn't ready yet.
Have a look in the DIY and you'll see a STICKY about passing the USB through the bottom of the ECU then through the firewall
(#607)
Old

Car: 135i Cabrio, 6sp, M-Sport
Default 01-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Thank you guys for the tips!!!
(#608)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle
You let your wife drive your car?!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6557
O def not haha... i said guys who let.. not i let

BTW is auto clear on, default? or is the default auto clear off?
This is speedo option 1 and tach 3 for autoclear on and 4 for autoclear off. ( which is default on, guessing off?)

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG

Last edited by 5soko; 01-07-2011 at 05:43 PM..
(#609)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM

woohoo, just tried out the "toggle stealth gauge mode", it's COOL! normal driving my fuel reads normal, once my throttle gets >80% it changes to boost. once i let go the gas, i get my regular fuel reading back!
thanks T!!!!!!

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#610)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
the link that was posted is the cleaner way but all I did was run it outside on top of the grommet facing passenger side, lock the lid, wound the cord and used some painters tape to stick it to the outside top of the ecu cover. I also wrapped a plastic bag around the usb end and secured it with painters tape around the end of the connector to be safe. All I have to do is open the hood and pop that first left cover off and it is there chilling to do a firmware update or hook a usb extender to it and bring it around the hood through the window for logging. There are plenty ways to secure it and they even make usb covers you can buy, but I had painters tape laying around and it does not leave a residue.
(#611)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-07-2011, 07:48 PM

hmm went through installation and when had long first crank windshield wipers went on and got restraint system malfunction/transmition error. :/

going back to recheck connections etc...

(#612)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperSYTFU
hmm went through installation and when had long first crank windshield wipers went on and got restraint system malfunction/transmition error. :/

going back to recheck connections etc...
Sounds like you swapped the white and black connectors. But as always be sure to EMAIL US for any technical support needs. We don't check the forums as often.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#613)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Dont email terry about the 1-11 firmware it will be posted here when he has it

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#614)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2011, 08:28 PM

Yes just need to test a few more things on the code reading to ensure it's all working as it should. Will prob post the firmware Monday.

Burger Motorsports

(#615)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 01-07-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara
Dont email terry about the 1-11 firmware it will be posted here when he has it
+1.

Terry, do you actually ever sleep???
(#616)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2011, 08:50 PM

LOL at night I just check in here when my wife isn't looking.

Burger Motorsports

(#617)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTZ1010
+1.

Terry, do you actually ever sleep???
As our tuner, Terry's not allowed to sleep cause when I need tech help here in Australia you guys in the US are usually sleeping. He knows his email reaction time must be with 15-20 minutes 24/7.

Love that BMS support!!
(#618)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 01-07-2011, 10:21 PM

Any other requirements besides race gas for Map 7? What exact octane mix is needed to suffice...like 98oct equivalent? Thanks.

2014 BMW 335i Sedan 8 Speed Auto
JB4 Map 7/Intake/E40
12.49 @113 mph with Continental DWS All-season tires
(#619)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 01-07-2011, 11:52 PM

Might be a dumb question but, I bought my JB3 from ECS Motorsports, is that an "authorized reseller"?

I also don't think i have a receipt either, how do I prove where I bought it from?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#620)
Old

Car: BMW 535i
Default 01-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall
Any other requirements besides race gas for Map 7? What exact octane mix is needed to suffice...like 98oct equivalent? Thanks.
Same question here...I've searched the whole site and can't find any answer to this question...

JB4; RPi Exhaust; Sport, Prem & CW Packages; M Trunk Lip; Chrome Rims; 17% Tint; Nav; HUD; L7; Michelin PS PS2 summer tires; hardwired V1
(#621)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2011, 10:26 AM

If you bought from a authorized dealer you'll need to contact them for the original dated receipt for the $85 price.

On map 7, 98+ RM2 octane required. Mods greatly help but you can run it 100% stock if you want. As the map guide says it's a light weight race map.

Burger Motorsports

(#622)
Old

Car: 135i and M3 E30 Evo III
Send a message via Skype™ to Babyjoe1973
Default 01-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Got the 1/1. Code reading works perfect. BT does a little bit more but come on! Terry seems to getting a GOD in Germany now!

Babyjoe

BMW M3 F80 ZCP

Last edited by Babyjoe1973; 01-08-2011 at 11:59 AM..
(#623)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Default 01-08-2011, 01:08 PM

niceee

(#624)
Old

Car: E92
Default 01-08-2011, 01:43 PM

Is there a interface or whatever for mac computers, and where can i download it??

And sorry if this is a stupid question but im new to the JB, so is the whole downloading new updates and uploading them easy or should i just wait for the JB4 thats like ready to go???

And if it is easy is there anyone that can help me with downloading everything i need and showing me how to use everything n how to update the chip n stuff b/c im not that good with the whole computer and downloading things to it??
(#625)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Default 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastye92
Is there a interface or whatever for mac computers, and where can i download it??

And sorry if this is a stupid question but im new to the JB, so is the whole downloading new updates and uploading them easy or should i just wait for the JB4 thats like ready to go???

And if it is easy is there anyone that can help me with downloading everything i need and showing me how to use everything n how to update the chip n stuff b/c im not that good with the whole computer and downloading things to it??
check the main forum bud all your info is there and there will always be updates ALWAYS haha