N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM

I cant get the limiter 4500k to work i set it to active ( 2 ) and it reverts to 0

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#477)
Old

Car: LSB E90 335I
Default 01-03-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the water temps, I'll be adding that as an option in the future. But probably not for a couple months, a few other things we want to work on first.

For the chime, it's on the to-do list. First step is to find the CAN command for the seatbelt chime.
T. how do you look for CAN commands, is it like hexadecimal codes?
(#478)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2011, 12:16 PM

When transport mode is active you'll get a red symbol in the middle of the dash.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#479)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaza45
T. how do you look for CAN commands, is it like hexadecimal codes?
It's like a needle in a haystack. Each module has an ID and passes around 8 byte packets. The hard part is finding out what each means, isolating just the module you want to look at, and then finding commands not normally used. Like the dash hijacking uses diagnostic command you would not normally find. We only found them by copying them from the BT cable.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#480)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2011, 12:28 PM

For specific questions you will have to email us. We don't do support on the forums. But menus 1, 4, and 5 do not "save" their locations. They are selection menus. You toggle the option you want, that option is enabled/disabled, and the menu starts at 0 each time.

Burger Motorsports

(#481)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-03-2011, 12:29 PM

will do sorry for that

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#482)
Old

Car: any
Default 01-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Terry i have a request. With the jb3 you could go to a dealer for a small service item like oil or for a flat tire maybe just a car wash. Now with the jb4 anyone who wanted to see if someone is tuned has to turn off radio hold volume down and channel down and the speedo and tach go into command mode and thats proof right there. So now EVERYTIME you visit a dealer ship we run a higher risk by the people just holding 2 buttons and the warranty is gone. With the jb4 as it is now its a must in my eyes to remove. But is there anything you could do to toggle command mode maybe by a weird dealer like code? like i know in my brothers truck you press the horn 3 times hazards left blinker right blinker then honk 3 more times and it turns off the seat belt alarm is this possible?
(#483)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 01-03-2011, 03:20 PM

^ lol
(#484)
Old

Default 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM

Seriously? (about the seatbelt thing)
(#485)
Old

Default 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM

yup he has a nissan titan and his car pretty much has cheat codes but i dont want something like that just something so we dont have to remove everytime
(#486)
Old

Default 01-03-2011, 03:33 PM

I would still remove the tune regardless if it was well hidden or not. You never know where the techs are going to snoop around. Be it a tool mark in the engine bay or a well concealed meth hose in SleepyDub's case, you don't want to chance losing your warranty (if you still have it).
(#487)
Old

Default 01-03-2011, 03:36 PM

yeah i guess you're right ^^ i retract my former comments
(#488)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2011, 04:08 PM

The liklihood of someone using that to check for a tune is pretty low. Other tunes have had similar functions for awhile and I've never heard of any issues. If you want a method to disable steering wheel controls in the laptop though we can do that easily.

Burger Motorsports

(#489)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the water temps, I'll be adding that as an option in the future. But probably not for a couple months, a few other things we want to work on first.

For the chime, it's on the to-do list. First step is to find the CAN command for the seatbelt chime.
So if and when you do find the CAN command for the seatbelt chime does that mean you will give us the option of disabling it all together? I hate that damn chime

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#490)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 01-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
So if and when you do find the CAN command for the seatbelt chime does that mean you will give us the option of disabling it all together? I hate that damn chime
+1,000!
(#491)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I think that is a coding thing. I'll look in to it but don't hold your breath on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#492)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:

Hey, that is a coding thing. It can be done, although I've read that there is a chance that it may mess with the airbags and that is something I would not risk. I can do this, but when someone asks, I let them know and they usually change their mind.

Just wear your seatbelt!...you dont want or need to have to be God forbid
(#493)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-03-2011, 06:44 PM

btw.....Terry thanks for checking out those logs for me. Moving to map2. So far everything feels incredible. Loving it
(#494)
Old

Car: E90 335i manual
Default 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Is there a post somewhere that shows all of the features of the JB4? I curious to know if there is anyway you can play with the traction control enough so it wouldn't interfere when I feel like destroying a set of $700 tires. If would be nice to have the traction control interfere a little less, while not having the yellow light on the dash. It seems like the JB4 can do just about everything else short of making a pot of hot coffee in the morning, so I figured I'd ask. I would love to get rid of the seatbelt chimne as well. With VW's, it's as simple as recoding the instrument cluster to the UK instead of the USA. -bingo! No annoying seatbelt, door, or headlight chime.
(#495)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-04-2011, 12:23 AM

Just finished testing the car and omg it runs amazing.Thank god that bog is gone,I can enjoy the car 200% more now.The only thing and i dont think it has anything to do with the chip but while i was testing it after a few time of stepping on it i think it went on limp mode.The half check engine light came out in yellow,then the car felt like the turbos had shut of but it still was smooth so i know it wasnt a fuel pump issue.can someone help me and please tell me it was just limp mode???

09 BMW 135i-JB4 MAP 7,ER Intercooler,ER Chargepipe,Tial Blow Off Valve,Riss Racing Turbo Back,BMS Intakes,104 Octane
(#496)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 01-04-2011, 04:44 AM

Guys ,do i need to upload anything (like firmware) after i install my new JB4?
its supposed to be Plug and Play!
just double checking!
(#497)
Old

Car: LSB E90 335I
Default 01-04-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd94
Just finished testing the car and omg it runs amazing.Thank god that bog is gone,I can enjoy the car 200% more now.The only thing and i dont think it has anything to do with the chip but while i was testing it after a few time of stepping on it i think it went on limp mode.The half check engine light came out in yellow,then the car felt like the turbos had shut of but it still was smooth so i know it wasnt a fuel pump issue.can someone help me and please tell me it was just limp mode???
Stop by my house, we'll troubleshoot the problem
(#498)
Old
m power

Car: 135i
Default 01-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Terry, did JB4 go officially into beta?

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html
(#499)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 01-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Sweet! If so, how do I go about getting my upgrade so I can do some real world testing and dyno testing on my 1er? This is great news if it has. I just installed my AR DP's, and couldn't ask for better timing.

-Jeff

Mods: FBO
(#500)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM

Yes we're transitioning over to beta now. As I've posted a few times, when we have upgrade kits ready we'll throw up a thread and an order link!

Burger Motorsports