N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default No boost! Everything Looks Fine, Seems Software Related - 08-12-2019, 08:55 AM

I can't figure this out for the life of me. I replaced the boost solenoids yesterday, no luck. Did a full flash back to stock, still throwing the same codes. 30CF and 3100.

I replaced my engine recently and these are the two codes I'm getting. Previously had JB4 installed, had some wiring issues that ended up frying the harness so I removed JB4. Removed the Back End Flash. During the engine swap I replaced the turbos with some from a member here with 8k miles, put on new silicone lines as well & set the wastegate arms with a Mityvac at 5.9hg of vacuum.

At this point I'm trying to understand exactly how this **** works so I can test or look at every possible point of failure. I swear I've covered everything though. But also looking at other possiblities. For example, what codes are thrown if a turbo is completely screwed up? The guy who I bought the turbos from shipped them like an idiot but I don't see why busted turbos would throw wastegate activation codes?

I sorta suspect my car is stuck in JB4 BEF mode 4/2. However it seems that once you remove the JB4 all the settings are wiped until the JB4 is reinstalled? I'm sooooo tired of this, trying not to take it into the dealer but I just can't figure it out.

Any ideas? Looking for anything. Thank you
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-12-2019, 01:13 PM

So what’s on the car now flash wise?

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#3)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default 08-12-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
So what’s on the car now flash wise?
Flashed back to the latest stock IJE0S map via MHD yesterday. Previously it was JB4 Back End Flash paired with JB4. JB4 harness got fried as soon as I connected the battery for the first time after the engine swap. It was either my fault or the previous owners fault I'm not sure. Ghetto wiring/splice was added to one of the MAP sensor wires for a Fuel It! Throttle Body Injection (ground wire?). Had the codes while still on the BEF, so I flashed to MHD Stage 2+. It was only a 2-3 minute map write and not a full overwrite so that's why I flashed back to stock. I wanted a full map write but it didn't seem to work.

So it is on the stock map, flash wise. And no JB4 whatsoever.