N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Smile 06-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
The t2firware firmware update from the first post.

So, where it says Hex and
Hex2 am I correct? sorry its the new account
(#152)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 06-17-2018, 03:40 PM

Yes its going to be Hex2 is the latest one.
(#153)
Old

Cool Follow up - 06-17-2018, 03:59 PM

Just to confirm for my OCD mind,
JB4 Kia 2.Hex
JB4 Kia 2_t2.hex

those are the two that need to be updated on my phone?

With the new plugs where should I gap them to and would map2 be safe for that? Ive yet to have any misfires but car feels a lil sluggish after I installed the intakes.. kinda weird,
(#154)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 04:06 PM

Use the t2. Hex firmware. I trap my stock plugs to .025.
(#155)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Use the t2. Hex firmware. I trap my stock plugs to .025.
What about when the HKS m45iL come in... same thing?
(#156)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 04:29 PM

That I'm not sure what peoplenare grapping them at.
(#157)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
That I'm not sure what peoplenare grapping them at.
Any idea why my car feels a tad sludgy after installing the K&N system? buddy of mine says its because the change from closed to open system and the engine is working harder to achieve that gain, I cant imagine im fouling any plugs because the car only has 1500 miles on it, and about 600 were run after that? not even 5 miles have been put on the car since intake system install.
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 04:44 PM

Could be a MAF sensor issue with the intake. Have JB4 logs before and after to check AFR?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#159)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Could be a MAF sensor issue with the intake. Have JB4 logs before and after to check AFR?
unfortunately intakes are already installed, I can get you a log on here later of the "after", where do you wanna see the pull?
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 04:48 PM

Sure, grab something like 4th gear 1500rpm to redline.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#161)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 06:55 PM

Installed the new firmware, car ran great on the map 2 no misfires on a couple WOT, I’m gonna go to a place tomorrow to see my numbers... any idea of what i should expect? Me personally... expecting realllly close to the 400whp? Possibly 480wtq? Or am i speaking crazy considering the car was 370/440 before
(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 07:51 PM

Depends on the car, dyno, fuel, weather, and other factors. People have made 400whp+ so it's certainly doable.

Burger Motorsports

(#163)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 08:08 PM

Well then i guess my expectations sound about right... still concerned about that intake system “possible” problem or I’m just crazy
(#164)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 08:10 PM

Couple questions for you actually terry regarding the actual tuner itself... anyway i could send you a PM so i don’t bother everyone else in here?
(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 08:39 PM

Just email us and ask them to route it to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Car: 2018 STINGER GT1
Default 06-17-2018, 09:17 PM

Some map 6 adjustments running perfect with this setup
Attached Images

(#167)
Old

Cool 06-17-2018, 09:25 PM

Sent
(#168)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2AWD
Default 06-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfedelim
Hey guys relatively new to the whole JB4, I am coming from a charger so yea.. big change, luckily everyone Ive met so far has been really helpful but hopefully I can get some more help here. (I have the connect kit for bluetooth usage over my phone, car is currently on Map 1
Mods
K&N Typhoon Intake system
Muffler Delete
JB4

1. Ive read through the threads... but not so sure what "firmware" I am suppose to update for the tuner itself, any help here would be great
2. Recommended map to use after, I have the HKS M45iL plugs coming tomorrow so those are going into the car as well.
3. Goal is 400+whp,
Lastly, I saw the post about all the maps that are currently stored on the JB4, do I have these already considering I havnt updated anything yet? And will the update let me be able to see all the fun stuff, when I was in my car last the only thing the app picked up was the map I was using, maybe its a firmware update

Sorry for the long post, and things that probably have been previously covered..

-Mike
Just upload the newest firmware from the very first post on this thread. Itís at the bottom of Terryís first post. You can change the PID info on the phone app while itís hooked to the car by holding down on the gauge you want to change the display on. Boost, RPM, Etc. It doesnít yet have all the features but as things progress Iím sure it will. Hope this helps.
(#169)
Old

Default 06-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Thanks Dustin! Was able to figure it all out, just waiting for tomorrow to install the new plugs... not sure how much they should be gapped. Then thinking of running 6psi Over stock boost
(#170)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2AWD
Default 06-18-2018, 08:57 PM

I’m running my HKS plugs at 24 thousands. Others at 25. Either or I would think is ok.
(#171)
Old

Default 06-18-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrym79
Some map 6 adjustments running perfect with this setup
What mod do you have on your car?
(#172)
Old

Default 06-19-2018, 09:44 AM

Muffler delete
HKS spark plugs gapped at .18 (Terry recommended)
K&N typhoon intake system

I want to run the map 5 or 6
(#173)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2018, 09:46 AM

Let's get those JB4 logs pouring in to the thread so we can better evaluate what boost levels work best with what spark plug gaps. But based on what I've seen I think 0.018" is probably a good gap for higher power levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#174)
Old

Default 06-19-2018, 09:47 AM

Perfect, you want 4th gear pulls to redline correct?
(#175)
Old

Default 06-19-2018, 09:48 AM

Disregard, i remember you posted previously, I’ll get you som pulls later