N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 05-19-2010, 05:50 PM

I work every saturday!!!!!! every one.... Anyone drive on Sundays? oh i guess that would be the x 3 section or the 325 section right??
(#27)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 05-19-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotkin
If anyone was interested in the Fayetteville dyno day meet, we're meeting at the Best Buy at the Crabtree mall at 9:15 Saturday morning.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make this dyno day. I do want to get the car on the dyno real soon while running a DCI and JB3 Map 5. Hoping to see decent gains.
(#28)
Old

Car: '08 135i
Default 05-20-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samerrit
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make this dyno day. I do want to get the car on the dyno real soon while running a DCI and JB3 Map 5. Hoping to see decent gains.
If you want to get an idea of gains, check my thread in the 135 section. I dyno'd two weeks ago with JB3 map 5 and BMS DCI. You can see my dyno graph and write up
(#29)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-20-2010, 05:20 AM

Car is at the dealership!!! Wastegate adjustment, and a plug or two, maybe an injector.

I should get back a rocket ship.......Maybe monday... have fun at dyno day!
(#30)
Old
Boost addict

Car: 08 e92 335i AW
Default 05-20-2010, 12:29 PM

I will be living in Raleigh this summer while I work for Apex Tuning. If anyone needs any mods done to their 335 then let me know, we can take care of ya for a lot cheaper than the dealership. Apex is mostly a VW/Audi tuning shop but while I am there I figure we could have a couple 335i's in the shop :D
(#31)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM

Ummm no offense... I had a VW guy ruin my brakes working on my suspension..... thats right... brakes have very little to do with suspension. When I dropped the car off he had to call me to ask how push button starting worked.... I should have known then

M Powered Motorsports are knowledgeable about e90 and e46 e 91 and e92. I don't trust anyone else with suspension, tuning (besides terry and terrance 26, Mr. no 5, laloosh, former boosted, and a hand full of others here on post.. oh Big Tom for meth and Dave from Cooling mist...

Sorry if i forgot anyone...

If you need help... ill be glad to help, I work on my car everynight after work.
(#32)
Old

Default 05-20-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilefitt
Car is at the dealership!!! Wastegate adjustment, and a plug or two, maybe an injector.

I should get back a rocket ship.......Maybe monday... have fun at dyno day!
Injector huh? Symptoms? CEL, poor idle, stuttering? I've had all 6 injectors replaced under warranty. Car threw misfire codes, idle was off but only when the car was cold.
(#33)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Yeah, same deal. There have been a few different improvements on injectors since n54 in 07. If one is bad they swap them all out so they match bc new software is required to run the new nozzles correctly. I should have a whole new set up when I get it back. I am amazed how much BMW is doing to make my car right! The key is to find the right dealership and the right service manager. A 12 pack of Bavarian beer in the trunk and some thank you cards never hurt either.
(#34)
Old

Default 05-22-2010, 05:10 PM

Nice gains. My baseline is 280whp/300wtq on a DynoJet; so, I am hoping to see 340whp/360wtq on a cool day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotkin
If you want to get an idea of gains, check my thread in the 135 section. I dyno'd two weeks ago with JB3 map 5 and BMS DCI. You can see my dyno graph and write up
(#35)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-22-2010, 05:27 PM

340? what tune are you running? Aren't you on JB3? I should hope they would be more...

I remember the day I sent a log to Terrance with JB3 and he said that I had topped out on the 24ohm resistors and that I had to go with the 18 ohms... I said what happened and he told me they would limit the car to 400hp even if mods, octane and meth would allow more and that I hit the ceiling.... : )

Never been on a Dyno but Im SURE its time!
(#36)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-22-2010, 05:47 PM

gonna be running some log runs prob tuesday night and off on wednesday. If you want to take a ride let me know... excited about the new fuel system and Im thinking about a progressive controller for my meth kit. Im interested to see if i can tell a real difference with and without it. Activation is so smooth but distinct, I cant imagine my DO kit delivering much better...
(#37)
Old

Default 05-22-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
340? what tune are you running? Aren't you on JB3? I should hope they would be more...

I remember the day I sent a log to Terrance with JB3 and he said that I had topped out on the 24ohm resistors and that I had to go with the 18 ohms... I said what happened and he told me they would limit the car to 400hp even if mods, octane and meth would allow more and that I hit the ceiling.... : )

Never been on a Dyno but Im SURE its time!
Yea, I am probably being a bit conservative on my estimates. We shall see. It will be a few weeks before I get out to the dyno. If you want to do a dyno run as well, maybe we can get some sort of a discount.
(#38)
Old

Default 05-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
gonna be running some log runs prob tuesday night and off on wednesday. If you want to take a ride let me know... excited about the new fuel system and Im thinking about a progressive controller for my meth kit. Im interested to see if i can tell a real difference with and without it. Activation is so smooth but distinct, I cant imagine my DO kit delivering much better...
This week will be busy for me; so, I won't be able to see what your car can do. But, maybe, some other time...
(#39)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-29-2010, 08:08 AM

got her back.... dealer said she needed new turbos! new plugs, injectors, cam ledges, and two brand new turbos! Love my BMW. Love my not so local dealership! Car is running so strong now that I have the tune off for now. Anyone want to go for a ride give me a shout ...
919-917-4644. Just text me with where and when....

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#40)
Old

Default 05-30-2010, 06:41 AM

New turbos and cam ledges? Did they say what caused the need for new turbos already?
(#41)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 05-30-2010, 11:52 AM

Ive had vanos issues since I bought the car. They kept procrastinating switching the solenoids out for new ones... i still don't think they have done it....

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#42)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default Enroll at Bimmerboost.com! - 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Please go to Bimmerboost.com and enroll as a member there as well as here at n54tech! Most of the same guys over there too but there is a chance to win $1000 in BMS mods! Plug my name is as a referral and improve yours and my chances of take the cash!

Mobilefitt referred you!!!!

(#43)
Old
Reaper of Speed

Car: 135i
Default 06-02-2010, 07:39 PM

I'll be moving back to Fayetteville, NC around the end of June.

"Game Plan=Don't DIE!"-GriMM
"Plan B:Capture The Enemy Flag!"-PHANTOM666

Last edited by PHANTOM666; 06-02-2010 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: none
(#44)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 06-04-2010, 07:18 AM

Anyone want to boost around Raleigh tonight? Sunday?? Got some new cones for my dci and slapped together a heat sheild box directs air to the cones and helps keep engine heat out. I want to see if it make a difference on my dyno program from Bosch.

(#45)
Old

Car: '06 Mustang GT
Default 06-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Anyone want to boost around Raleigh tonight? Sunday?? Got some new cones for my dci and slapped together a heat sheild box directs air to the cones and helps keep engine heat out. I want to see if it make a difference on my dyno program from Bosch.
Hey man, I'm down for a drive around Raleigh tonight. As you might see I'm not boosting anymore since I got rid of my 335 but I'd still like to check out Raleigh a bit more before I head back to Richmond tomorrow. I still haven't had a chance to test out my car against anyone else since I installed my intake, axle-back and had it tuned. Let me know.

Sold the 335xi | Bought a house
(#46)
Old

Default 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Hey,

Spur of the moment, I decided to take a quick drive..didn't have a lot of time to stay out for too long. I decided to try Map 7 w/DCI tonight. It ran pretty good. I like it a lot better than Map 5. Don't know whether I will use it everyday with just the DCI and 93 octane, but it sure feels strong.

I ran into a Neon SRT-4. Really couldn't run him because of traffic, etc, but a quick dip into the throttle in 3rd gear pulled me past him quickly. His turbo and BOV were easily heard over my relatively quiet engine.

Anyway, love Map 7. This is addictive.
(#47)
Old

Default 06-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Lame! Damn, I'm just sitting here in a hotel room near wake forest rd/440 with literally nothing to do but watch tv and no one wants to come out and play. Oh well, I'll be back in a couple weeks no doubt.

(#48)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default Had a blast... somebody call me im still up...9199174644 - 06-04-2010, 11:36 PM

dude... this is what you missed.......

(#49)
Old

Default 06-05-2010, 04:59 AM

Awesome! Where did you log that run?

(#50)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 06-05-2010, 06:43 AM

I have a faster run with less HP though....

I can't possibly tell you that... all I can say is lets meet up and I will show you!

Call me tonight if you want go for a spin