N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 04-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Still could not solve the problem !

I connected the solinoid to direct to 12V - it clicks and works

But when i connect it to the fsb green & ground - it dose not open ! I try it by purging the system to check the flow , only Pump works but solinoid no

What could be the issue ??

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |

Last edited by WaqasRiyami; 04-07-2018 at 02:27 PM..
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Also why is FSB attached to constant power? Needs to be on switched power.

On solenoid use a volt meter to see if FSB green is going to 12v during purge. If not maybe an FSB issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Default 04-08-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Also why is FSB attached to constant power? Needs to be on switched power.

On solenoid use a volt meter to see if FSB green is going to 12v during purge. If not maybe an FSB issue.
-I got a voltmeter and hooked it to Solenoid *Green FSB & Ground* - when i purge the reading goes from 0V to 0.03V only !

-then i tried to connect it Pump * Red Pump & Ground* -when i purge the reading goes from 0V to 12V.

So what do this mean ? is my FSB is Faulty ?! but if its faulty how is it controlling the Pump ??

-My BMS Meth kit is connected to constant because the shop which installed the bms kit for me did it like this. and he installs it like that for everyone over here . Can it be on constant power ? or it must be in switched ?? is this what made the FSB faulty ??

So what now ? are we sure the FSB is faulty since its controlling pump ?? because if its faulty i will have to buy a new one. though i just installed this kit 1 month ago only ! i don't know how did it break that fast

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Needs to be changed to switched power. It's dangerous to leave a meth kit on constant power.

On the FSB photo of its board itself?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Needs to be changed to switched power. It's dangerous to leave a meth kit on constant power.

On the FSB photo of its board itself?

-Attached FSB Photos..

-LED Green Light is Working
Attached Images

(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2018, 07:35 AM

Looks like solenoid trace by green wire on FSB is melted, probably from being improperly wired. You would resolder the trace or replace FSB.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 07:38 AM

Can you please tell me to solder which point to which point..

And i want to relocate the 12V to constant but i didn't understand how and where to locate it ,Can you explain this more -

:this is from the Bms Install guide.. But i didn't understand it

All F Series:
Cut off the 12v pnp connector from the FSB red wire and attach it to one side of the
inline fuse holder. Crimp a fork on the other side of the inline fuse holder and plug that in
to an unused fused location in the primary fuse box shown below. Note many unused
spots DO NOT have a fuse receptacle and won’t work so be sure to locate one that has an
actual power feed below it.

Last edited by WaqasRiyami; 04-09-2018 at 11:01 AM..
(#33)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 04-09-2018, 12:07 PM

At the top of the FBS in your top photo that you posted today is a burned trace, you need to solder/fix that.
(#34)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 12:09 PM

i saw the burnt place , but How to solder that ?? can i just solder it from behind the bored ??

(#35)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 12:30 PM

Changed my mind about soldering
Attached Images

Last edited by WaqasRiyami; 04-09-2018 at 01:28 PM..
(#36)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 01:32 PM

How can i install the FSB to v12 to switched??

i didn't understand anything from the guide...
This is the install from the guide: Can someone explain more please

"" All F Series:
Cut off the 12v pnp connector from the FSB red wire and attach it to one side of the
inline fuse holder. Crimp a fork on the other side of the inline fuse holder and plug that in to an unused fused location in the primary fuse box shown below. Note many unused
spots DO NOT have a fuse receptacle and won’t work so be sure to locate one that has an actual power feed below it.""

(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
i saw the burnt place , but How to solder that ?? can i just solder it from behind the bored ??
Just solder a wire around it, easy... On switched power the WMI guide shows you how to tap it in the fuse box. On the F10 models there are some switched power fuses you can tap in the relay box.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Just solder a wire around it, easy... On switched power the WMI guide shows you how to tap it in the fuse box. On the F10 models there are some switched power fuses you can tap in the relay box.
How to know which switched power fuses that has 12V that i can use ?

(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2018, 02:24 PM

Use a volt meter to check them.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Will i need posi-taps to tap power ??

(#41)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 05:01 PM

If you do not know how to solder get some help, you'll be glad you did.

As for the switched 12v source, your making this much more difficult than it should be. The power wire to the FSB needs to have an inline fuse install on it and the a forked connector crimped on to that. Then look inside the fuse box for an open slot, try one you have about a 50/50 chance it will be a switched source. I used a meter but if you don't have one just give it a try. There is an LED inside the FSB that may help you find a switched source.
(#42)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 04-09-2018, 05:07 PM

If you need help soldering I can fix that trace for you. Free you’ll just have to pay shipping. PM me if interested.

For f series/n55
You need to cut off the fork connector, and find an open spot in the fuse box that has a metal fuse holder in it. Once you have it open get a flashlight and look for a metal piece where the fuse plugs in, here should be one. Then you need to put the inline fuse holder between this and the fsb. You are fusing the power to the fuse box. Your photo had the fuse holder installed between the fsb and pump which is incorrect.

2015 BMW m235xi (F22/N55/EWG) | JB4 + BEF | Wagner Evo2 Performance IC | ER Chargepipe | K&N Dropin | Ground-Control v2 Camber Plates | Dinan Springs | HPA Adjustable Sway Bar Links
VMR V710's | Front 18x8.5 ET45 (235/40/18) | Rear 18x9.5 (265/35/18) | Hankook RS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvs...ature=youtu.be
(#43)
Old

Default 04-12-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak
If you need help soldering I can fix that trace for you. Free you’ll just have to pay shipping. PM me if interested.

For f series/n55
You need to cut off the fork connector, and find an open spot in the fuse box that has a metal fuse holder in it. Once you have it open get a flashlight and look for a metal piece where the fuse plugs in, here should be one. Then you need to put the inline fuse holder between this and the fsb. You are fusing the power to the fuse box. Your photo had the fuse holder installed between the fsb and pump which is incorrect.
Thank You Sir.. This is the explanation i really needed.

No need to fix the old FSB as i already ordered a new one & it will arrive in 3-4 days.

I think i understood the process of installing it , Just one more Question ( I know that i am really noob in this ) ,

1)What does this mean ? *You need to cut off the fork connector* ?

2) The *Yellow FSB Wire* goes straight to * Pump Red Wire * with no fuse just direct connection ?

(#44)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 04-12-2018, 04:45 PM

You need to go through and "RTFM".

1. Fork = Fork connector, metal thing looks like a half U. There is also a metal single fuse tap, and then another wire branched off that with a male spade connector (fork) attached to it. You only need one, but this is the way it comes for the n54 i believe.
For us n55's, you just plug one into the fuse box, and splice the inline fuse holder next, and then connect the other side of the fuse holder to the FSB red wire!

2. Yellow goes straight to Pump Red Wire. No fuse. Fuse is for the fuse box connection. Always fuse as close to the battery source as possible.

3. Green goes straight to either solenoid wire, and the other solenoid wire goes to a good chassis ground.

http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...it_install.pdf

2015 BMW m235xi (F22/N55/EWG) | JB4 + BEF | Wagner Evo2 Performance IC | ER Chargepipe | K&N Dropin | Ground-Control v2 Camber Plates | Dinan Springs | HPA Adjustable Sway Bar Links
VMR V710's | Front 18x8.5 ET45 (235/40/18) | Rear 18x9.5 (265/35/18) | Hankook RS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvs...ature=youtu.be
(#45)
Old

Default 04-23-2018, 08:01 AM

Good Morning Guys, I Just Received the FSB, I am still having trouble understanding the red wire Cutting and installing.. ( I Am very sorry guys ,its just i really found this hard to understand. i wish i got it right this time. )

1)So, If i am getting this right -- first thing, I Should i Cut the Red wire From here *http://i.imgur.com/4wWRA7V.jpg* ?? -- Then *Connect the inline fuse one side to the FSB RED * - and the other side of the inline fuse holder to a fork that should go to the fuse box....
So the finle thing would look just like this *http://i.imgur.com/skWLfH2.jpg* ?? right ?

2)BTW i dont have a fork that i can connect to the red wire ( it didn't come with an extra fork) - *http://i.imgur.com/6M7uY4Y.jpg* The Black Wire came with a fork installed ( Can i just cut the black wire fork and connect it to the red wire to be used in the fuse holder ??
Attached Images

Last edited by WaqasRiyami; 04-23-2018 at 08:14 AM..
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2018, 08:42 AM

Black fork is for the ground. Red wire has to plug in to a fuse location, you can use the male pin on there to plug it in also if you do not want to extend the wire.

Solenoid will attach to ground and FSB green.

Orange and blue go in JB4 harness for control and feedback to JB4.

Yellow goes to pump.

Fuse I prefer to have between pump and FSB, but can also be attached between power source and red.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 04-23-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Black fork is for the ground. Red wire has to plug in to a fuse location, you can use the male pin on there to plug it in also if you do not want to extend the wire.
I know red has to go to the Fuse box , But how to connect it To the Fuse Box ? which one is the male connecter ?

(#48)
Old

Default 04-23-2018, 01:55 PM

Terry ? will the way i sed will work ?

(#49)
Old

Default 04-24-2018, 12:56 PM

Would you like some pix of the FSB install on my 2015 M235i convertible? It's an F series.

You are really making this too hard.
(#50)
Old

Default 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syclonedriver
Would you like some pix of the FSB install on my 2015 M235i convertible? It's an F series.

You are really making this too hard.
Yes please, This would make it easier for me ! much easier

i only need the RED Cable from the FSB -( Full pictures of the red cable install - with the inline fuse & the car fuse box )

Thank You very Much