N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1926)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fini5h
Is this product compatible with a 2016+ Kia Optima 2.0l? I see itís compatible with the Stinger 2.0 and the Sonata 2.0. I know that Kia and Hyundai share the same engines and I think the Optima 2.0 is the same engine as the two cars just listed but I just want to make sure that this product is 100 percent compatible before I purchase it.
Yes we're compatible across the entire Hyundai/Kia lineup!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1927)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 03-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Good afternoon Terry. Hope all is well.

I finally installed the Fuel Wires...and decided to give Map 3 another run. 93 Octane...nothing else.

It's weird. Map 2 seems more responsive out of the gate...but Map 3 seems like it has more grunt as the car gets going. I am starting to lose my mind with this stuff !

Here are 2 files...one is rolling...other is with launch control.

Thank you !
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-22 16_34_24_Map-3_rolling.csv (7.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-22 16_36_21_Map-3_LC.csv (18.2 KB, 22 views)

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#1928)
Old

Default 03-22-2019, 01:56 PM

Quick update from me. If Terry says Map 3 looks good...that is as good as it gets for me. Reason is...no E85 around me for some reason. I'm in Richmond, VA...and apparently it is so scarce. Probably b/c they associate it with racing...who knows.

I have 2 stations that have it near me...but they are both 20+ min away one way. So 40 min to travel for fuel is ridiculous.

So I will run 93...either on Map 2 or Map 3...fuel wires installed regardless.

I guess I could get into these additives, etc...but again...what a PITA to constantly calculate how much you need, etc.

(#1929)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3T
Default 03-22-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer

I finally installed the Fuel Wires...and decided to give Map 3 another run. 93 Octane...nothing else.

It's weird. Map 2 seems more responsive out of the gate...but Map 3 seems like it has more grunt as the car gets going. I am starting to lose my mind with this stuff !

Thank you !
Beefer,
Running map 3 with 93 octane is not advisable as you're going to lose advanced and overall smoothness / performance, also don't forget the ECU learned behavior and if it finds a lot of knock detection and or timing pull back it will effect your lower maps till your ECM learns all is well again. Please see my Octane post from this morning. If you like don't mind chatting with you via phone drop me an email at phil@geekone.com
(#1930)
Old

Default 03-22-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeneste
Beefer,
Running map 3 with 93 octane is not advisable as you're going to lose advanced and overall smoothness / performance, also don't forget the ECU learned behavior and if it finds a lot of knock detection and or timing pull back it will effect your lower maps till your ECM learns all is well again. Please see my Octane post from this morning. If you like don't mind chatting with you via phone drop me an email at phil@geekone.com
Thanks for the warning. I just did the 2 runs for logging. I am on Map 2 now until I hear otherwise.

And I guess I just did

I will stay where Iím at...fast enough.

(#1931)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3T
Default 03-22-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Quick update from me. If Terry says Map 3 looks good...that is as good as it gets for me. Reason is...no E85 around me for some reason. I'm in Richmond, VA...and apparently it is so scarce. Probably b/c they associate it with racing...who knows.

I have 2 stations that have it near me...but they are both 20+ min away one way. So 40 min to travel for fuel is ridiculous.

So I will run 93...either on Map 2 or Map 3...fuel wires installed regardless.

I guess I could get into these additives, etc...but again...what a PITA to constantly calculate how much you need, etc.
I just suggest you run map-2 with 93 octane as baseline, your ECU will pick up maximum timing as it learns that map, if you want to go to map 3 use 1/2 ounce of BOOSTan per gallon, it's the cheapest way to get full HP out of Map-3. 96 Octane is needed.

r/Phil
(#1932)
Old

Default 03-22-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
RUFFSTUFF / snipe99999,
This is where I use BOOSTane to give me 99-100 Octane, BTW B-Premium doesn't have any MMT, B-Pro does contain MMT) So if you will use this product a lot suggest you use the Premium version as it won't rust color your plugs due to the MMT, but only once in a while more bang for the buck with Pro. Both products have a 99 Octane sweet spot).
Real quick regarding MMT. I read this on an Amazon review regarding BOOSTane...thought I would share with you. Perhaps MMT is not an issue with this product?

Quote:
MMT is definitely a part of the formula that Boostane uses but it is done differently then other octane boosters so I will explain it to you. What Boostane does differently than other Octane boosters is that it is formulated in a way that keeps all of the chemicals used so that they don't separate. It keeps the MMT in suspension with the other chemicals and everything other octane booster does not have that type of formula.Your plugs and cats are safe because the proprietary carrier and delivery system is able to avoid these issues by keeping all of the active ingredients, regardless of density, in suspension indefinitely. All other octane boosters have difficulties of keeping all of the active ingredients, including MMT, from falling out of suspension. Once it falls out of suspension their is no way of keeping these ingredients from being drawn through your fuel system in a coagulated form and that is when you will have problems with plus, injectors and filters.

Boostane does not have these issues.

(#1933)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 03-22-2019, 05:33 PM

Look at Premium vs Professional as mentioned earlier.
(#1934)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:

Thank you !
Short runs but both seem fine to me

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1935)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger 2.0L
Default 03-22-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Chyoon,
I didn't see you post your current engine set-up so to confirm:
Your a 2.0 T correct?
DID YOU replace your factory SPARK PLUGS, if not it is MANDATORY for safe and happy performance. Denso are good but go one step cooler, If you don't mind the extra cost (for safety IF you play around) go HKS, much more resilient.

I'll verify but I want to say Denso 5354 ( IXUH20I ) is what I recommend, also set gap to 22-24 thousands. (One step cooler than Factory) at min.

r/Phil
Phil! Thank you for your response.

Yes, my Stinger is the 2.0T. I actually have replaced the stock plugs with the recommended HKS plugs gapped at 0.022".

Unfortunately, I was met with some knocks/ticking noises at the start of moderate to strong acceleration that was followed by loss of power/boost (on map 1 and map 2).

I'm currently working on Map 6 to see what custom profile can be best for my car. So far 2.0 psi flat boost (across the board) has been fine (no knock/ticking noises).

Do you also have the 2.0T? I'm starting to worry that these knocks might be damaging the engine too much haha.

Chris
(#1936)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 03-23-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I just suggest you run map-2 with 93 octane as baseline, your ECU will pick up maximum timing as it learns that map, if you want to go to map 3 use 1/2 ounce of BOOSTan per gallon, it's the cheapest way to get full HP out of Map-3. 96 Octane is needed.

r/Phil
In regards to map learning, how many pulls do you think it takes to reach max potential? Also, say I run Map 3 a dozen times, everything is great, then I switch to Map 2 for a dozen pulls, I then go back to Map 3...does it have to relearn Map 3 since I spent a lot of time on Map 2?
(#1937)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2019, 05:44 PM

Most of the adaption happens within a run or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#1938)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 03-24-2019, 12:07 AM

Terry, I'm itching for something new. anything to expect in the near future?

JB4 - HKS M40iL - AEM Intake - BMS TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#1939)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 03-24-2019, 08:51 AM

Terry would you check these out for me please. Map2 E30 fuel wires.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-24 00_31_58 Map-2.csv (5.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-24 00_30_51 Map-2.csv (6.7 KB, 10 views)
(#1940)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeby33
Terry would you check these out for me please. Map2 E30 fuel wires.
Looks good to me. Map3 next!

Burger Motorsports

(#1941)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 03-25-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
Terry, I'm itching for something new. anything to expect in the near future?
I second this, I have a feeling I'm going to need an upgraded FMIC within the next couple months.
(#1942)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2019, 08:45 AM

We're working on stuff.. Right now our Stinger is over at Fuel-IT who has the fuel system all apart.

Burger Motorsports

(#1943)
Old

Car: Genesis G80 Sport
Default 03-25-2019, 10:10 PM

A G80 sport AWD here.... A quick run on Map 5 E85+92 octane....launching at ~2800 rpm. 0-60 = 4.42sec. it felt pretty good, considering my car weight around 4600 lb.

What's next, Terry? lol
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-23 14_43_22_Map-5.csv (6.3 KB, 16 views)
(#1944)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 03-26-2019, 05:19 AM

Could someone help me out with what this statement means in the Version 8 firmware? I am unsure how this changes the feel of the car.

"Added option for a more linear pedal input to boost profile mapping. The default pedal mapping is FutureUseD bit7 OFF, while setting FutureUseD bit7 ON enables the more linear input mapping."

For some strange reason my car feels so much faster in sport mode when my pedal is pushed half way to 3/4 of the way down than it does when the pedal is 100% on the floor.
(#1945)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareckibmw
A G80 sport AWD here.... A quick run on Map 5 E85+92 octane....launching at ~2800 rpm. 0-60 = 4.42sec. it felt pretty good, considering my car weight around 4600 lb.

What's next, Terry? lol
Looks good to me! Already hitting 18psi here so likely not a lot more to be done without pushing things.

Maybe put the car on a diet starting with lighter rims?

Burger Motorsports

(#1946)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe99999
Could someone help me out with what this statement means in the Version 8 firmware? I am unsure how this changes the feel of the car.

"Added option for a more linear pedal input to boost profile mapping. The default pedal mapping is FutureUseD bit7 OFF, while setting FutureUseD bit7 ON enables the more linear input mapping."

For some strange reason my car feels so much faster in sport mode when my pedal is pushed half way to 3/4 of the way down than it does when the pedal is 100% on the floor.
It's just a mind trick. But if you want a more linear pedal input just turn on FutureUseD bit7 and see how you like it!

Burger Motorsports

(#1947)
Old

Default 03-26-2019, 12:09 PM

I got my tank filled up with 99 octane (93 + BOOSTane Professional).

I drove around mellow in Map 2 for about 10 min.

I than put it on Map 3...and drove mellow for another 10 min.

Lastly...I started logging. Nothing off the line. I simply cruised around a bit...accelerated here and there. I did punch it on the interstate once...and then again at a slower speed.

So a bit longer of a Log...so not sure if it is even useful.

Do the logs show if the JB4 is seeing higher octane fuel?

Anyhoo...let me know your thoughts.

Thank you as always...cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-26 14_52_33_Map-3_cruising.csv (154.3 KB, 16 views)

(#1948)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default Down ***** Compatability - 03-26-2019, 02:21 PM

Getting ready to place my order for the tune, plugs, bms intake and wondering if anyone has this setup they are using with down *****? I tried doing a search in this thread and didn't bring anything up.

thanks
(#1949)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Normally for our purposes all we need are full throttle logs, unless there is a specific issue at low throttle we're trying to diagnose.

The full throttle runs in this log are short, but appear OK. I'd suggest updating to the v8 firmware so we get cyl 2-6 timing logging, and then a longer full throttle run on map3.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1950)
Old

Default 03-26-2019, 03:19 PM

Thanks Terry. I just finished upgrading to v8. Since I bought it like 2 weeks ago...I totally thought it came with v8.

Tomorrow I will do some LC and WOT runs in Map 3.