N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 08-16-2018, 08:03 AM

117mph is very nice! is it safe to say these turbos will have consistent 120+ traps in them as things develop for the car?
(#427)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2018, 08:10 AM

Seems to be more room in the turbo so I think 120mph+ is reasonable with bolt on parts as tuning progresses.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#428)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 08-16-2018, 08:12 AM

Punch the secondaries
(#429)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2018, 09:18 AM

Haha we need the car 100% emissions legal for CARB testing of our Kia products.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#430)
Old

Default 08-16-2018, 09:22 AM

.1 right there for sure lol
(#431)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 08-16-2018, 11:21 AM

Excited for the charge piping. There is definitely a big restriction where the intakes merge. I'd be interested to see what could be gained just from that or if a new intercooler would needed as well.
(#432)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1 3.3t
Default 08-16-2018, 10:17 PM

Hey Terry @ BMS

I seem to also be experiencing the no boost issue after hard pulls in 3rd-4th around 4k RPM. No warnings at all, restarting the car fixes it.

I know someone (maybe you) mentioned a V4 firmware that might address this, but I was curious if this issue was nailed this down or if you need some more logging, and if so, what logs would be most beneficial.

JB4 MAP3 - 95 Octane Unleaded
HKS m45il @ 0.25
Injen Intake
Borla S-Type Exhaust
Torq Motorsports Catch Cans
(#433)
Old

Default 08-16-2018, 11:35 PM

Hey I noticed I get the no boost to happen when I run hard and suddenly let off in mid pull when running map 5 or 3 and I think my ac was on maybe that will help you duplicate with the shop car.
(#434)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
Hey I noticed I get the no boost to happen when I run hard and suddenly let off in mid pull when running map 5 or 3 and I think my ac was on maybe that will help you duplicate with the shop car.
Try the fix? If not email me for it. Need a couple more testers to confirm it works before we post it.

Burger Motorsports

(#435)
Old

Default 08-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Realease the kraken
(#436)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 08:57 AM

So far we've had two customers who had the issue coming up regularly now not able to recreate so I think we've got it. After another customer or two we'll post it.

Burger Motorsports

(#437)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1 3.3t
Default 08-17-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
So far we've had two customers who had the issue coming up regularly now not able to recreate so I think we've got it. After another customer or two we'll post it.
I will gladly test this out since I'm currently able to reproduce this very easily. Tried emailing you but it did not go through for some reason. Can you point me to the new firmware, or what I need to do in the app settings to test the fix?

Thank you!

bcurlovic[at]gmail.com
(#438)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-17-2018, 03:18 PM

Testing mine this weekend Terry. Just need some good weather. Out of curiosity what did you actual do to keep the fault condition from presenting to the ECU?
(#439)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 08-17-2018, 03:21 PM

I had the new firmware from Terry since last weekend. So far everything is going good. Will do a few more run this weekend.
(#440)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 03:49 PM

Burger Motorsports

(#441)
Old

Default 08-17-2018, 03:54 PM

Realease the meth kit I need to clean my valves
(#442)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 08-18-2018, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cansting
Realease the meth kit I need to clean my valves
Make sure you have a Catch Can on the PCV side, the Stinger PCV valve releases a lot of crap back into the engine.
(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2018, 10:31 AM

To facilitate distribution of the test firmware I just added it to the first post. If you have the low boost after letting off the gas issue with the new firmware, capture a log of it so I can extend the range of what we've done.

JB4_KIA_4_T1:

1) Adjustment to fuel mapping if equipped with fuel wires. 0-100 scaling now represents around 0-1.25:1 leaner than stock. We believe the same default settings are appropriate, but if you want to richen your mixture at the top end to how it is in v3 firmware, reduce each position by 20. e.g. change 100 to 80, and 80 to 60.
2) Logical change to address intermittent "low boost mode" when letting off the gas, on higher boost maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old

Default 08-18-2018, 10:44 AM

Sick!
(#445)
Old

Default 08-18-2018, 03:37 PM

Got the fuel control wires hooked up and set the scaling to 80 to be cautious. Despite a terrible launch, and 29 degree C temps, ran 12.45 on map 3, making me the fastest AWD stinger to date I believe. My previous best run was 12.56 on map 5. AFRs were 11.5 ish, so room to lean out a bit still. Log attached. With better launch and weather, leaned out a bit on map 5 basement 12 will be doable. AND..... NO BOOST CONDITION AFTER RUN IS GONE! Fine work Mr Burger!

Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_first run with fuel control enabled.csv (12.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by KLR STINGER; 08-18-2018 at 03:42 PM..
(#446)
Old

Default 08-18-2018, 03:39 PM

(#447)
Old

Default 08-18-2018, 03:42 PM

Dragy verified
Attached Images

(#448)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2018, 03:46 PM

Not bad, going up hill lol! JB4 log of the run? You can record both by leaving dragy in the back ground and JB4 mobile in the foreground.

Oh I see log in post above. Looks great... Timing is solid, I think it's worth a run on map5 too for comparison.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#449)
Old

Default 08-18-2018, 04:34 PM

Should I leave fuel scaling as is on map 5?
(#450)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2018, 05:07 PM

Yes for now.

Burger Motorsports