N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default JB4 Update Information - 09-12-2017, 05:20 AM

Hello
I just bought my JB4, 3 days ago - with the REV3 Bluetooth

I having a problem in understanding the updates coming out , and how to know whats the latest update out there

adding on top of all that , there is this thing about cutting the diode to update.

i wish there was a instruction thread that takes you point by point to understand the updates and with one to use and so on

can someone explain where to get the updates and whats about the diode cutting , so the information will help the new guys like me
(#2)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 09-12-2017, 06:55 AM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18588

It may seem overwhelming at first, but this will give you all the information you need. The firmware version on this page will always be current. You can check it every few months if you want to make sure you are running the most current version.

In terms of ISO vs Integrated, you may have to google this info but the short version is JB4 for N55 was originally integrated, but with progress on the ISO,which was originally for upgraded turbos and people who like to have more adjustment flexibility, is now the go to for all JB4 users. Cutting the diode is only for those who choose to run the ISO firmware. Integrated will soon be "phased out" in terms of support and updates. I still run integrated as I have yet to run into any issues for my mods/setup.

I'm sure others will chime in if any of this information is incorrect, but this is to the best of my knowledge of what you're asking.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18588

It may seem overwhelming at first, but this will give you all the information you need. The firmware version on this page will always be current. You can check it every few months if you want to make sure you are running the most current version.

In terms of ISO vs Integrated, you may have to google this info but the short version is JB4 for N55 was originally integrated, but with progress on the ISO,which was originally for upgraded turbos and people who like to have more adjustment flexibility, is now the go to for all JB4 users. Cutting the diode is only for those who choose to run the ISO firmware. Integrated will soon be "phased out" in terms of support and updates. I still run integrated as I have yet to run into any issues for my mods/setup.

I'm sure others will chime in if any of this information is incorrect, but this is to the best of my knowledge of what you're asking.

What do you mean ISO vs Integrated ?
Whats the official for the normal users and best and newest ?

BTW I own a

535i - 2011 - PWG
(#4)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 08:12 AM

so is this the latest ? ISO_7_T12 ?

and can i run this without cutting the diode ?
(#5)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 09-12-2017, 08:26 AM

The "F Series JB4 N55" sticky thread is for "integrated" firmware which is what your new JB4 shipped with. The "F Series PWG ISO" sticky thread is for those that cut the diode. Corresponding firmwares are in each thread's first post. If you just bought the JB4 new than you already have the updated firmware. Just follow directions and log and post your logs up for review. Some people post logs directly in thread and some just email Terry at Burger Tuning.

Make sure when you update, you upload proper firmware. PWG for pneumatic wastegate and EWG for for electronic wastegate.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2017, 08:39 AM

Step1: What product do you have? (it's listed on your receipt and shipping confirmation)

I am guessing it's F series PWG? The info for that is here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18588

The F series PWG ISO BETA is an experimental update that requires cutting the diode, and is really something for more experienced customers to play round with. It doesn't seem like that is something for you at this time.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 08:59 AM

Wow guys thanks

its clear to me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The F series PWG ISO BETA is an experimental update that requires cutting the diode, and is really something for more experienced customers to play round with. It doesn't seem like that is something for you at this time.
Yes terry
i dont want the ISO BETA

i was looking for official , now i got it

really thank you for the best support ever