N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-09-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee
Then you aren't paying attention. Maybe not the NEXT big thing but after that and then after that it will be.

Why wouldn't it be, no exhaust plumbing, no parasitic supercharger loss, instant spool. Its just a matter of developing theoreticals into practice

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...ake-sense-now/
If it is so awesome go install one on your engine boost for days son!

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2016, 10:38 AM

Electric turbochargers may or may not be awesome some day. But either way it's not like Shiv invented them or is doing any serious R&D. He just found a market where he can buy something someone has already engineered, do some minimal work to adapt it to a new platform, slap a Shiv sticker on it, hype it on the forums, and mark up the price substantially.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 01-09-2016, 10:45 AM

Hmmm...if the prices were lower I might strap one on my mini-van.
My wife needs more HP!
Would be nice for when I haul stuff home from Home Depot.

2009 BMW 135i | Alpinweiß | 6AT | MHD/BMS JB4 G5 ISO32.8 | JB4 MHD 3/15/17 E85 Backend Flash | BMS Anti-Lag | Fuel-It Stage 2/ES-1/JB4 integration Kit | AD Engineering Port Injection | PR (Turbo-side) Inlets | PR Ignition System | VRSF ** | aFe Exhaust | Cobb FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | N20 TMAP | BMS Oil Cooler Valve | JB4 Mobile | 100% E85 | H&R Swaybars F&R | BA Diff Lock | StopTech D&S Rotors F&R | Cool Carbon Pads | Michelin PSS

(#29)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 01-09-2016, 02:43 PM

I remember when he used to sell the PROcede for like $1k and then vin lock them to boot. Good times.

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER ** | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#30)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i e92
Default 01-09-2016, 03:03 PM

Terry this must be a something for you, strap an electric supercharger on a big single n54 to help build some boost below the powercurve, simular to what Audi is working on.
So get to work, you can always call Shiv for some help
(#31)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-09-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
Terry ran him out of the BMW community with his superior product.
That's pretty much the story.
And support. I've never met anybody like Terry in the technical industries I work in. Good luck going against him!

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...