N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: q50
Default 06-16-2019, 04:51 AM

-20wwf is ~30-35% meth, the rest is water.
(#152)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 06-16-2019, 08:33 AM

On your JB4 WMI settings - what are you running with?

Boost Additive = ?
Signal Scaling = ?
Min Flow Boost = ?
External Trigger = ?
Min RPM = ?
Max RPM = ?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#153)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
On your JB4 WMI settings - what are you running with?

Boost Additive = ?
Signal Scaling = ?
Min Flow Boost = ?
External Trigger = ?
Min RPM = ?
Max RPM = ?
It amazes me that I can't even upload a screen shot from my phone due to size limitations. Anyways:
Boost Additive = 50
Signal Scaling = 60
Min Flow Boost = 0
External Trigger = 1
Min RPM = 2000
Max RPM = 6800
(#154)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 03:29 PM

Thanks - do we know what impact Boost Additive has ?

My guess it relates to Map8 somehow - perhaps it means amount of boost added over stock (e.g. 50 = +5.0 psi ?)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#155)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 04:32 PM

Boost additive is how aggressive the boost target is under full meth flow. I asked about signal scaling awhile back but didn't get an answer.
(#156)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2019, 09:04 PM

Signal scaling is normally 60 for an FSB running a BMS WMI pump. If you're using another pump it may need to be higher or lower. It's the min flow for the JB4 to consider the pump at full flow.

Boost additive is how much boost you make on map8 under full meth flow. the higher the number the higher the boost target. The system scales between a map similar to map1 with a 0 additive and similar to map7 with a 75 additive. The additive can be set up to 100 but normally 75-80 is the practical maximum.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#157)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 11:15 AM

Terry - Many thanks for the clarification and for the review of the attached log via email. For my fellow WMI mates - the log looks promising for moving the Boost Additive number from 75 incrementally up.

BMS WMI
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-17 11_36_53_Map-8.csv (13.8 KB, 12 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP

Last edited by jrobohm; 06-17-2019 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: typo
(#158)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Terry - Many thanks for the clarification and for the review of the attached log via email. For my fellow WMI mates - the log looks promising for moving the Boost Additive number from 75 incrementally up.

BMS WMI
Looks good to me! You're running some decent boost, not sure I'd turn it up much more. What fluid are you using? Timing looks good. AFR trims are about maxxed.
(#159)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 08:06 AM

@ E30 fuel blend - explains the Trims topping out I would assume.
Using Boost Juice
I have moved up to a Boost Additive number of 78 - logs to follow.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#160)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-18-2019, 09:22 AM

The WMI kit for these cars is a must IMO. Being able to use this to lower IAT as well as more fuel volume and octane is just a no brainer.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#161)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 09:58 AM

Latest log / run - pulling like crazy - starting to loose traction on my summer tires (good problem to have )

BMS WMI
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-19 10_56_43_Map-8.csv (12.0 KB, 10 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#162)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Latest log / run - pulling like crazy - starting to loose traction on my summer tires (good problem to have )

BMS WMI
You're AFR is really leaning out in lower gears. Trims are maxxed and you're running meth. I wouldn't expect the AFR to lean out unless you're past the limits of the fuel system with meth. I'd back down boost, but its your motor.
(#163)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
You're AFR is really leaning out in lower gears. Trims are maxxed and you're running meth. I wouldn't expect the AFR to lean out unless you're past the limits of the fuel system with meth. I'd back down boost, but its your motor.
Iím running a E30 blend - Iíve always had Trim issues as a result. I will try a tank of straight 93 and see how that impacts the logs with everything else the same.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#164)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Iím running a E30 blend - Iíve always had Trim issues as a result. I will try a tank of straight 93 and see how that impacts the logs with everything else the same.
Yeah I understand you're running E30, but with full time closed loop wideband correction you should still be hitting your target AFR (low to mid 12's) ESPECIALLY with the added fuel of meth. But youre STILL leaning out which tells me your fuel system can't keep up with the demand even though you're spraying meth.
(#165)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Yeah I understand you're running E30, but with full time closed loop wideband correction you should still be hitting your target AFR (low to mid 12's) ESPECIALLY with the added fuel of meth. But youre STILL leaning out which tells me your fuel system can't keep up with the demand even though you're spraying meth.
Understood - question then; would running 93 vs E30 potentially help the AFR #ís? My understanding would be maybe. The next option beyond WMI would be what - HPFP/LPFP upgrade(s)? Do we know if the stock ECU would be able to take advantage of either of them?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#166)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Understood - question then; would running 93 vs E30 potentially help the AFR #ís? My understanding would be maybe. The next option beyond WMI would be what - HPFP/LPFP upgrade(s)? Do we know if the stock ECU would be able to take advantage of either of them?
Yes running 93 should help your AFR. E85 requires about 30% more fuel to reach the same AFR so I imagine that it'll help your trims and be able to richen it up to hit the target. Will be curious to see.

As far as fuel pump upgrades, you definitely can't upgrade the HPFP without a tune, not sure on the LPFP.
(#167)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
The WMI kit for these cars is a must IMO. Being able to use this to lower IAT as well as more fuel volume and octane is just a no brainer.
So - when can beta testers get some details on the BMS VR30 LPFP upgrade?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#168)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2019, 07:02 PM

We have a few almost ready to go, just waiting for our new pump controller to run them. We may just release a little early.

Burger Motorsports

(#169)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have a few almost ready to go, just waiting for our new pump controller to run them. We may just release a little early.
Very cool - placing my chair and umbrella at the front of the line.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#170)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 06-20-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Woah I got blind sided here lol. BMS will have an lpfp solution? Is it a total basket replacement? Or billet pump housing? What pump are you guys going with?

More details please.
(#171)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 09:10 AM

We'll post the details when ready! It's a Fuel-IT product.

Burger Motorsports

(#172)
Old

Default 07-02-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Yes running 93 should help your AFR. E85 requires about 30% more fuel to reach the same AFR so I imagine that it'll help your trims and be able to richen it up to hit the target. Will be curious to see.

As far as fuel pump upgrades, you definitely can't upgrade the HPFP without a tune, not sure on the LPFP.
I am running my E30 blend tank down and will move to straight pump 93. Before that I plan to add 1/2 gal of M1 to my 2 gal Boost Juice tank (currently at about 3/4 full.) Iíll do a run at 78 BA and see how the remaining E30 + the added M1 (maybe a net 60 / 40 ratio of Meth / Water?) helps my AFR numbers get closer to 12.5 vs the mid/high 13ís I am seeing.) Iíve read that 100% Meth is not worth the trade off in safety and cooling - hence I do not plan to go past a 70/30 mix. Depending on how this test logs out I will see if I need to maintain my fuel E85/93 fuel blending or just drop the corn and keep the 93 + a potentially meth richer (50-70/50-30) ratio juice blend.

These are exciting times and the BMS WMI kit is proving to be a great investment. Once I have dialed in the best BA number / fuel / WM mix ratio; I will take the car to Jotech for another dyno run!

BMS WMI

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#173)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Burger Motorsports

(#174)
Old

Default E30 blend - 50/50 boost juice - BA = 79 - 07-03-2019, 09:25 AM

Quick run before adding M1 to existing 50/50 boost juice.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-03 11_07_35_Map-8.csv (11.0 KB, 6 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#175)
Old

Default 93 Pump Fuel - 40/60 H20/Meth juice - BA=79 - 07-06-2019, 08:27 AM

Up hill 1-3 gear run. Seems I am making some progress on the AFR numbers. Still maxing our the trims however... Timing appear ok - Do you all have any thoughts / suggestions ?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-06 10_17_54_Map-8.csv (9.6 KB, 4 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP