N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3601)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-29-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaviman
can you elaborate on this? Im searching how to do it but Im not having any luck.
:/ Maybe Donnie can help point you in the right direction. It's been a couple of years since I did it myself.

jb4connectkit+support@gmail.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3602)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 05-31-2018, 11:29 AM

Terry any chance you get to look at the tables to see if cold start was disabled by accident?
(#3603)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-31-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Terry any chance you get to look at the tables to see if cold start was disabled by accident?
I checked the file you mentioned (IJE0S ST) and sure enough the Cold Start Duration table is all zeros. My stock BIN and the PUMP one were set to 65, except the first column.

Assuming I am using the right XDF and looking at the right table.
(#3604)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 05-31-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
I checked the file you mentioned (IJE0S ST) and sure enough the Cold Start Duration table is all zeros. My stock BIN and the PUMP one were set to 65, except the first column.

Assuming I am using the right XDF and looking at the right table.
That's what I figured
(#3605)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 06-06-2018, 09:41 AM

Hope someone can help. I'm not sure which map is right despite reading the forums for days.

e92 2007 335i MT
Hybrid Turbos (rated at 450HP)
Down ***** with large cats
100 octane fuel
KN air filter.

On stock turbos with no BEF and on map 5 I got 377KM and 580nM (dyno results for each map here)

I want to choose the right BEF file before going on the dyno and checking each map. Currently running JB4_BB2_I8A0S_HYBRID_E85.bin
(#3606)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-06-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind
Hope someone can help. I'm not sure which map is right despite reading the forums for days.

e92 2007 335i MT
Hybrid Turbos (rated at 450HP)
Down ***** with large cats
100 octane fuel
KN air filter.

On stock turbos with no BEF and on map 5 I got 377KM and 580nM (dyno results for each map here)

I want to choose the right BEF file before going on the dyno and checking each map. Currently running JB4_BB2_I8A0S_HYBRID_E85.bin
That should be the correct one. Post logs in the support section so we can evaluate for you.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3607)
Old

Car: BMW 335I N54
Default 06-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Does any of the backend maps cater to hotside inlets and outlets ?

If running map3 (water/meth) should you change from pump flash to the race flash?
(#3608)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-06-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic335IM3
Does any of the backend maps cater to hotside inlets and outlets ?

If running map3 (water/meth) should you change from pump flash to the race flash?
You can try and see how the timing looks for the Race map. The hotside inlets and outlets don't need any specific flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#3609)
Old

Car: 2012 F30 335i
Default 06-08-2018, 11:09 AM

Are the f30 n55 MHD maps available for free? I didnt notice anything specific in the downloaded file
(#3610)
Old

Car: '09 335i sedan 6MT
Default 06-11-2018, 10:57 AM

Is this the most up to date BEF thread?

I'm a bit confused since the download is all BIN files. Do I flash the BIN file with MHD?
(#3611)
Old

Car: '08 135i MT
Default 06-11-2018, 07:53 PM

Hey Team.

Stock n54.

I'm going to flash JB4_BB2_IJE0S_E85 and try roughly E40 (rest 98RON/93oct)
Should I use map5 or map1?

If I want to go back to Pump fuel (98RON) I'll flash:
JB4_BB2_IJE0S_PUMP I assume I should run Map1 here right?

I'll get some ******* down ***** and DCI sooner or later and use Map2 in place of Map1. But after shipping from the US and the exchange rate I'm looking at $800 minimum for the parts alone. (Australian car)
(#3612)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-11-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboBlackkers
Hey Team.

Stock n54.

I'm going to flash JB4_BB2_IJE0S_E85 and try roughly E40 (rest 98RON/93oct)
Should I use map5 or map1?

If I want to go back to Pump fuel (98RON) I'll flash:
JB4_BB2_IJE0S_PUMP I assume I should run Map1 here right?

I'll get some ******* down ***** and DCI sooner or later and use Map2 in place of Map1. But after shipping from the US and the exchange rate I'm looking at $800 minimum for the parts alone. (Australian car)
Map for the E40 blend and the E85 flash.

Yes you can run map 1 for the pump flash or map 5.

Post up a log in the support section so we can evaluate it for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#3613)
Old

Car: '08 135i MT
Default 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Map for the E40 blend and the E85 flash.

Yes you can run map 1 for the pump flash or map 5.

Post up a log in the support section so we can evaluate it for you.
Thanks Payam. Will do.

Which map for the E40 Blend and E85 flash though? I'm thinking map1 for the street and 5 for track (circuit), where the IAT's might get a bit hot.

Does the JB4 use fuel trims and FOL to target specific AFR's outside of Map5?
Does the E85 BEF use stock Knock detection?

Thanks again for answering my endless questions.
Tim
(#3614)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-11-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboBlackkers
Thanks Payam. Will do.

Which map for the E40 Blend and E85 flash though? I'm thinking map1 for the street and 5 for track (circuit), where the IAT's might get a bit hot.

Does the JB4 use fuel trims and FOL to target specific AFR's outside of Map5?
Does the E85 BEF use stock Knock detection?

Thanks again for answering my endless questions.
Tim
For which map depends on the way you'd want it set up. You'd be fine with either or. The e40 blend and the flash does most of the work at that point.

AFR will be set in the BEF, Jb4 wont control that. The knock tables are all stock, the only way to desensitize them would be to check the box VIA MHD when loading the flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#3615)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-12-2018, 09:11 AM

I need some advice! Im installing PI with stock turbos atm and will run Jb4+jb4 PI controller.
Im looking at loading a BEF into the DME, but i cant decide which file to go for..

First is the "JB4_BB2_IJE0S_E85" which seems to be for stock turbo's and E85, however it is not intended for PI.
The other option is "JB4_BB2_IJE0S_HYBRID_E85_PI", however that one is for "hybrids" whatever that means. But it is atleast for E85 and PI.

So what BEF should i load?
(#3616)
Old

Car: E92 335i MSport
Default 06-22-2018, 03:46 AM

Hello guys after some help following recent new BEF on my 07' FBO JB4 335i which has been running pretty well and pulling very solid for some time now and also recently just replaced all the vacuum lines to new silicone lines.

Anyway all this in mind I decided it was a solid platform and time to up the boost, so last night with the assistance from a friend who us familiar with both JB4 and MHD we carried out a back end flash.

Once all was flashed we took the car out for a few runs only to find a lack of boost, the car now feels un-responsive particularly low end pull and power, it is all very smooth though since the BEF I have noticed when come of the throttle I can feel the engine sort of shudder. The wastegate duty appears to be maxxed instantly, so we are thinking boost leak somewhere but it's weird that this only now seems a problem following the BEF, wondering if we have missed something or have a setting out of place... any help is much appreciated? Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-21 19_01_43.csv (15.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: csv 2018-06-21 19_04_51.csv (14.0 KB, 48 views)
(#3617)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 06-22-2018, 04:59 AM

Could be a vacuum leak. Check your vacuum lines again all around.

2008 E90 335xi AT 67K MILES
MHD CUSTOM FLEXFUEL 24 PSI, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, TIAL Q BOV WHITE SPRING, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS HIGH AND MISHIMOTO LOW OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, xHP STAGE 3, SCOOPS, PR IGNITION
(#3618)
Old

Car: M3
Default 06-23-2018, 07:17 AM

BimmerBoost 2.0 Posted: https://www.bimmerboost.com/g2.php?do=download&file=123

For help using it: https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...BApp-2-0-GUIDE!

(#3619)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 06-23-2018, 05:10 PM

Anyone using the Motiv Flex Fuel kit along with JB4? I have a kit and was told by MOTIV I could use it for a fully integrated flex fuel backend flash but then some other people told me it doesnt work with JB4.

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#3620)
Old

Car: E92 335i MSport
Default 06-24-2018, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky87
Hello guys after some help following recent new BEF on my 07' FBO JB4 335i which has been running pretty well and pulling very solid for some time now and also recently just replaced all the vacuum lines to new silicone lines.

Anyway all this in mind I decided it was a solid platform and time to up the boost, so last night with the assistance from a friend who us familiar with both JB4 and MHD we carried out a back end flash.

Once all was flashed we took the car out for a few runs only to find a lack of boost, the car now feels un-responsive particularly low end pull and power, it is all very smooth though since the BEF I have noticed when come of the throttle I can feel the engine sort of shudder. The wastegate duty appears to be maxxed instantly, so we are thinking boost leak somewhere but it's weird that this only now seems a problem following the BEF, wondering if we have missed something or have a setting out of place... any help is much appreciated? Thank you
Checked all the vacuum lines and they are all fine. Gonna try changing the right hand side intercooler pipe work that leads to the charge pipe. Are my logs looking ok, any thing seem out of check? Thank you.
(#3621)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 07-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Is the E85 map for stock turbo's really suitable for high E content?
Im running about E90 but im experiencing shudder and misfires during cold starts.. Did not do it with E30 and mhd stg 1+ E30
(#3622)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-02-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Is the E85 map for stock turbo's really suitable for high E content?
Im running about E90 but im experiencing shudder and misfires during cold starts.. Did not do it with E30 and mhd stg 1+ E30
Full E85 and cold start issues are normal.

Burger Motorsports

(#3623)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Short video on how to attach the JB4 Mobile module:

Burger Motorsports

(#3624)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-03-2018, 08:58 AM

Nice video, this should really help!

Burger Motorsports

(#3625)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 07-07-2018, 10:03 AM

In the early stages of a custom tune and my tuner has asked me to switch to map 6 in the latest revision,to increase WG Bias by 10 and change FF to 100
I am guessing FF refers to FF/wastegate adaptation.... which default is currently set to 150

WG BIAS....is this referring to default wastegate position??
Currently that is 88