N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2351)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 06-04-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Check the JB4 mobile thread for directions on how to transfer the firmware to your device.
Here you go, this link is where I found the info.

http://jb4connectkit.com/store/index...formation_id=8

Quote:
Android Firmware Downloading (via Email Client):

Open the email where the hex file is.

Click the hex file.

Open/View in JB4 Mobile. (Opens JB4 Mobile.)

Go to the firmware update page

Press the green arrow.

Select your newly imported hex file.

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4-BEF FBO
(#2352)
Old

Car: E88
Default 06-04-2017, 12:44 PM

Terry, Where do I get your email address from to email you about 5.15 and the FF sensor logic testing? I just ordered FF wires, too.. Did I order just as they are becoming obsolete?

Side note, I'll post in support but I just had to disconnect the WG control and plug the stock clip to the boost solenoid to get boost again. Hopefully it's just a setting in the JB4 and it will be involved again in boost control soon.
(#2353)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Any new JB4 sold within the last couple of years should have the FF connector installed already. If its an older system, then you need to add it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2354)
Old

Car: E88
Default 06-04-2017, 02:24 PM

It must be older. I had to cut the diode for ISO a while back and they're not certainly there.

And... I did just find my issue, YAY! I must have set 4/4 and that doesn't work well with the WG wires inline. I was accustomed to 4/4 making the CANflap quiet out of habit yesterday. An option in the jb4 mobile app to toggle/set the CANflap would be awesome, btw! So I will remember 4/5 now toggles, especially after this, very very well. And! 4/3 is really important if you like boost.

Can't wait for the FF wires and then hopefully play with some beta and 5.15 firmware.

Thanks again! You're awesome Terry!
(#2355)
Old

Default 06-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Tried out the new FW today, seems smoother but not sure if that's placebo. My "E85 Content" gauge didn't have any information while driving. The "E85" gauge showed varying numbers, mostly between 70-100...never under 50. I believe I should be around E30.

Didn't do any WOT logging, but here's a log to show the e85 fw update. I think the E85 gauge is learning down?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-06-04 13_09_14.csv (5.2 KB, 159 views)

(#2356)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 06-07-2017, 07:53 PM

Do we need to enter a setting under E85 bits or virtual sensor offset?

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#2357)
Old

Car: 335xi
Unhappy 06-07-2017, 08:16 PM

Hi, I don't get that Ethanol Setup menu. It's blank. And my reading in datalog shows 0% E85.

I installed E85 harness, upgraded to latest ISO. I am on Windows 10.
(#2358)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Hi, I don't get that Ethanol Setup menu. It's blank. And my reading in datalog shows 0% E85.

I installed E85 harness, upgraded to latest ISO. I am on Windows 10.
Update your interface.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2359)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e
My car
If you need tuning help post a log of your issue in the support with car details, fuel, mods, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#2360)
Old

Exclamation 06-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Terry, thanks for answering, but since there is no online documentation for JB4 interface, I got to ask:
Which one (or few?) should I select:
- 2/3 FlexFuel Input
- 15/16 FlexFuel input
- DTML FlexFuel
- DTML WMI Input

My FlexFuel harness is connected to pin #21. Car 135i N55 (US).

Also, is there no Virtual Sensor capabilities for N55,.. right? (since E85 signal shows zero).

135i N55 2011
(#2361)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 06-08-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzid_
Also, is there no Virtual Sensor capabilities for N55,.. right? (since E85 signal shows zero).
The virtual sensor does work. If you're using the app, you need to get the beta version. You also need the test jb4 firmware from Terry.

2011 E90 335i RWD 6 Speed
FBO JB4 MHD
(#2362)
Old

Default 06-08-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC39
The virtual sensor does work. If you're using the app, you need to get the beta version. You also need the test jb4 firmware from Terry.
My virtual sensor isn't reporting the correct mixture. I haven't adjusted the setting for the virtual sensor in the user adjustments.

There is a figure in the field, I think it's over 100.

(#2363)
Old

Default 06-08-2017, 09:36 AM

Ok, I wasn't aware of beta firmware, etc. Thanks.

But if I have FlexFuel harness from BMS connected to pin 21, I think I can skip beta firmware and use real sensor from the harness?.

For that, which of the below options should I select ?
- 2/3 FlexFuel Input
- 15/16 FlexFuel input
- DTML FlexFuel
- Scale PI ?

Are there any other cool functionalities in beta firmware ?

Also, Terry, I worked before with 1-click deployment, and there are options there to allow for online updates. It was easy to implement (I have working example). It would be very useful if JB4 app was checking for updates every time we start it.

135i N55 2011
(#2364)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzid_
Terry, thanks for answering, but since there is no online documentation for JB4 interface, I got to ask:
Which one (or few?) should I select:
- 2/3 FlexFuel Input
- 15/16 FlexFuel input
- DTML FlexFuel
- DTML WMI Input

My FlexFuel harness is connected to pin #21. Car 135i N55 (US).

You are confusing the FF/Fuel Pressure connector (on #21) with a physical flex fuel sensor that you do not have.

Burger Motorsports

(#2365)
Old

Default 06-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Thanks for clarifying.
I guess the names are confusing because even Fuel Pressure Connector
Installation guide is titled FlexFuel Connector.
I wish JB4 interface app had more documentation.

I am going to follow this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21800483 regarding E85 Virtual Sensor. Cool

135i N55 2011
(#2366)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Yes I'm working on updating that installation documentation to make it more clear. They are different things.

Burger Motorsports

(#2367)
Old

Default 06-08-2017, 03:06 PM

Testing out the 5.15, my "E85 Bit" value is set to 0 and the "Offset" is 132. The E85 monitoring doesn't seem to be working properly. (not reporting the correct mixture)

Should these 2 fields be set to anything specific?

(#2368)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 06-09-2017, 03:49 AM

0 and 132 are what mine defaulted to as well. The virtual sensor reading is reasonably close to what my physical sensor says considering this all is still a work in progress.

2011 E90 335i RWD 6 Speed
FBO JB4 MHD
(#2369)
Old

Car: 2011 335i-X
Default 06-09-2017, 04:03 AM

A few bugs on the IOS JB4 Ethanol section to work out also. Can't change offset, and can't modify E85 "bits". If you go to E85 bits to change parameters, the text screen locks in place, and the only way to get out of that menu is to force close the app and restart.

2011 N55 335 X-drive 6AT
Pure Stage 2...Lots of meth. 500whp/526tq
(#2370)
Old

Car: 08' 335i
Default 06-23-2017, 06:02 AM

I've been running the virtual sensor and physical sensor for about 3 weeks now.

So far offset of 142 reads dead on with my physical sensor. Our 93oct contains up to 10% ethanol; I add four gallons of E85 to my fill up in an E90.

JB4+PUMP BEF

E90 LCI M Sport
(#2371)
Old

Unhappy 06-24-2017, 08:47 AM

First of all I think the reading should represent ethanol content, not E85.
It's confusing enough that E85 has 70% ethanol at the pump, not 85%.
Is this what virtual sensor assuming? Confusing as hell.

For me the virtual sensor shows too much in any case. I poured 33% of E85, and sensor shows 55%, so I upped offset to 150. Will see, but I don't know what I am really measuring, because of what mentioned above.

135i N55 2011
(#2372)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2017, 10:52 AM

The virtual sensor is a feature under development, and very raw in the case of the N55 motor. If you want to help test it out and need help just email in. It's not something we'll be discussing in this thread much.

Burger Motorsports

(#2373)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S
A few bugs on the IOS JB4 Ethanol section to work out also. Can't change offset, and can't modify E85 "bits". If you go to E85 bits to change parameters, the text screen locks in place, and the only way to get out of that menu is to force close the app and restart.
I think Donnie updated the IOS interface... Still having an issue?

Burger Motorsports

(#2374)
Old

Car: 2011 335i-X
Default 06-29-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think Donnie updated the IOS interface... Still having an issue?
Nope. All set so far.

2011 N55 335 X-drive 6AT
Pure Stage 2...Lots of meth. 500whp/526tq
(#2375)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 06-29-2017, 05:34 PM

Not finding any relevant info, but I have the JB4 Mobile iOS beta, trying to test the Virtual Ethanol sensor. Have beta firmware as well..

What do I need to set under ethanol settings? I see...

JB4 2/3 FlexFuel Input
JB4 15/16 Flex Fuel Input
DTML FlexFuel Input
DTML WMI Input
Scale PI on FlexFuel
Startup E85 Indicator
Enable WMI Pump PWM
Virtual Sensor Offset

It's all off and I can't find what to set, doing a search...

2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / M3 Control Arms / VRSF Piping/ Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers 6K-18K / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS