N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default N55 low throttle, high low surging with xHP - 06-22-2017, 02:12 PM

Hey guys,

Having issue lately, especially with new xHP TCU flash but even doing it with Alpina a bit.

Running latest MHD backend for ethanol, tried v5.14 and the newest beta and it still is having issues.

Basically, just going about 30% throttle it will buck and surge and feels a lot like pre v5.14 firmware when the ECU_PSI and actual PSI weren't the same.

Have tried 1/7 to clear adaptation, and also tried to clear with MHD

Alpina TCU flash doesn't do it as bad, but xHP stage 3 is pretty bad.

I completely removed the JB4 and running MHD flash only and it's smooth as can be, but it's a lot less power.

Looking at logs, it seems fine. Attaching one log.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-06-16 10_58_45.csv (23.9 KB, 43 views)

2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / M3 Control Arms / VRSF Piping/ Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers 6K-18K / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2017, 02:17 PM

You may need to adjust the various throttle mapping tables within the BEF back to factory values with xHP. I have not tested xHP myself. If you need help with it you can email in and we'll hunt around.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-22-2017, 02:28 PM

Ok sounds good,

When you flash with just MHD flash, you're supposed to flash as manual transmission.

I will hook up JB4 again and try to get to the bottom of this.

This is Stage 3

Optimized D & S Shiftpoints for better acceleration in part and full throttle situations
25% faster shifts in D mode
50% faster & very firm upshifts in S/M Mode
Instant paddle response time
Removed Rev - Limiters in M (True Manual Mode)
Race-like rev-match Downshifts (Throttle Blip) first time ever on Diesel BMWs
Optimized Shift Strategy for up/downhill driving
Optimized Warmup Behaviour
Optimized Torque Converter Lockup in 1st/2nd/3rd gear
Lowered minimum RPM limit manual mode (5/6th gear)
Adapted Torque Limits for Tuned engines
Kickdown delete in D & Manual Mode
Gear Display in Dash in D/S/M Modes"
6HP21 TQ Limits: removed, 6HP28 TQ Limits: removed

2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / M3 Control Arms / VRSF Piping/ Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers 6K-18K / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2017, 02:28 PM

We can swap the BEF throttle tables to stock as a starting point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-22-2017, 06:11 PM

Seems to be fixed with modified file Terry sent me. If anyone else is having issues with xHP and BEF, I would email him to try it out.

(#6)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 06-23-2017, 12:25 PM

Terry, how different are the throttle tables between the PUMP and the E85 BEF? I'm running the xHP stage 3 flash as well, but I'm running the PUMP BEF and I don't seem to have these issues?

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2017, 12:28 PM

They are the same on our end... Not quite sure what the nature of the issue is but Peen seemed to report it was improved with the stock throttle tables loaded back. Maybe just a red herring and its something else on his setup? Time will tell.

If you're not having any issues then keep on rolling.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 12-24-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
They are the same on our end... Not quite sure what the nature of the issue is but Peen seemed to report it was improved with the stock throttle tables loaded back. Maybe just a red herring and its something else on his setup? Time will tell.

If you're not having any issues then keep on rolling.
Having the same “surge” issues as OP. Running JB4 E85 BEF with MDH and xHP flash as well. Should I just change the throttle levels back to stock on the BEF?