N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Propulsive Dynamics 6AT Upgrade - Shift Points raised to 7100 RPM - 11-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Jason posted an update that says testers are experiencing shifts at 7100 RPM. Sounds like us AT guys will be able to wind out the engine finally!
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 11-11-2016, 04:04 PM

Nice...
(#3)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 11-11-2016, 10:18 PM

Wait, I shouldnt be taking it that high?...

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#4)
Old

Default 11-11-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77
Wait, I shouldnt be taking it that high?...

Are you 6AT?
(#5)
Old

Car: N54 335i FBO Meth
Default 11-12-2016, 09:34 AM

What else would he be if not 6mt?

08 E92 335i Alpine White On Coral Red 6 Speed
BMS DCI+Aquamist METH Kit+MHD+VRSF+AR25 Resonators+HPF IC+AA CP+AA BOV+SSK+KWV1+Mfactory SMFW+550i/335is Clutch+BBS LM Reps+Diff Brace+M Performance Shift Knob+RB PCV+HPF OCC+NGK
Mustang Dyno: 426whp/484wtq on E30/Meth/Stock Inlets+Outlets/Procede Only @ 18psi
Current Estimate: 450/500 on E50 Custom EDC Tuning MHD Flash @ 21psi
(#6)
Old

Default 11-12-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J4ck0wsk1
What else would he be if not 6mt?

Unless he is joking and is 6MT? He could be swapped to a different transmission or dct. There are 4L80's out there as well. Now a powerglide. I don't know, that is why I'm asking. But it seems like a sarcastic comment so I'm uncertain.
(#7)
Old

Car: N54 335i FBO Meth
Default 11-12-2016, 12:23 PM

I took it as a sarcastic comment, plus I feel like he mentioned he was auto in another thread I read or something in the past.

08 E92 335i Alpine White On Coral Red 6 Speed
BMS DCI+Aquamist METH Kit+MHD+VRSF+AR25 Resonators+HPF IC+AA CP+AA BOV+SSK+KWV1+Mfactory SMFW+550i/335is Clutch+BBS LM Reps+Diff Brace+M Performance Shift Knob+RB PCV+HPF OCC+NGK
Mustang Dyno: 426whp/484wtq on E30/Meth/Stock Inlets+Outlets/Procede Only @ 18psi
Current Estimate: 450/500 on E50 Custom EDC Tuning MHD Flash @ 21psi
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2016, 01:05 PM

Because they programmed them at 7000rpm or because the trans is slipping? Before my lvl10 failed it would shift at 7000rpm too lol. Then it would redline and not shift.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 11-12-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Because they programmed them at 7000rpm or because the trans is slipping? Before my lvl10 failed it would shift at 7000rpm too lol. Then it would redline and not shift.
I'm not a first hand user but these are low power pulls I'm told. And I'm also told that there is zero slippage. I've also heard rumor the rpm may even go higher, just depending on the gear. That isn't confirmed though. I just know Jason knows more than he is telling. He wants the beta testers to figure it out and report it themselves.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2016, 01:45 PM

I really hope it works out... But I'll remain skeptical until its well proven. Been fooled before on these automatic trans fixes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Car: 09 335i 6AT Coupe
Default 11-12-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I really hope it works out... But I'll remain skeptical until its well proven. Been fooled before on these automatic trans fixes.
by a company with a solid reputation of ripping people off...
(#12)
Old

Default 11-12-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKurt
by a company with a solid reputation of ripping people off...
Exactly. Jason has gone far and above what we've seen so far and has put testers out to prove it. It's fine to be skeptical, can't blame anyone but I'm willing to let Jason prove himself.
(#13)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 11-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Lol it was a slightly sarcastic comment.
Yes I have an auto and I most of the time shift it around 6500 but also let it rev out and shift on its own sometimes, which is around 7k.
This makes me feel I shouldn't let it go that high.

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#14)
Old

Default 11-12-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77
Lol it was a slightly sarcastic comment.
Yes I have an auto and I most of the time shift it around 6500 but also let it rev out and shift on its own sometimes, which is around 7k.
This makes me feel I shouldn't let it go that high.
I wonder if it is still fully engaged at that point though. I'd bet that the shift point event has occurred and the engine isn't actually driving the wheels for that last couple hundred rpm. But I'm no expert.
(#15)
Old

Car: 08 335i Sport Package
Default 11-13-2016, 04:47 PM

So if I buy a donor tranny send it to you guys, do I just send my valve body off to you guys when I decide to switch and fit the valve body on donor and install it?

08 E92 335i AT 20k Miles | Wedge E60 Flash| E85 | VRSF FMIC | VRSF Lower Charge Pipe | ER Charge Pipe|Tial Bov| Vrsf *** | DCI | IC Sprayer | Scoops | NGK 1 Range Colder Plugs | Fuel It LPFP | E60 | [12.2 @ 118with e85 flash] [ My E60 flash 1/4 = 11.8 @ 120
|
(#16)
Old

Default 11-14-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsr1256
So if I buy a donor tranny send it to you guys, do I just send my valve body off to you guys when I decide to switch and fit the valve body on donor and install it?
Not sure if Jason comes here, but regarding your question its probably best to speak to him about that. If I recall, they recommend a rebuild of the valvebody and I think they need the whole unit so they can calibrate it. Again, you'll need to speak to him about that one.
(#17)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 11-15-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Nothing to be fooled on here, Jason is a mad scientist who has been an engineer for to long, and we're lucky he took interest in the n54 platform. I've got a few things on my car of his that are nothing less then amazing. Really excited for the release of this so I can finally unleash my ST setup.
(#18)
Old

Default 11-15-2016, 11:21 PM

The first video /log results and impressions are in. A motiv 750 kit on e40 limited by stock tmap for now. Chris says it's very responsive. So that is good news.
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2016, 12:42 PM

Call me when you have a 700whp car doing 5 half mile pulls in a row with no slippage or problems in 5th gear.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 11-16-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Call me when you have a 700whp car doing 5 half mile pulls in a row with no slippage or problems in 5th gear.
5th gear will indeed be a true test especially after things start heating up.
(#21)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM

what happened here on the software side of things?: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...26-TCU-Cracked!

seemed like a big deal back in october then it suddenly went dead
(#22)
Old

Default 11-16-2016, 06:16 PM

That has been explained by rayban on two sites. He is not a member here nor bummerboost as far as I know.

The short version, they are locking it down. Waiting phase.
(#23)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 11-16-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
what happened here on the software side of things?: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...26-TCU-Cracked!

seemed like a big deal back in october then it suddenly went dead
Been asking the same thing. A lot of people aren't going to spend $7k on a rebuilt transmission but would love to utilize a flash for increase line pressure, etc. I figured this would be discussed more than the rebuild since it would target a lot more people.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#24)
Old

Default 11-16-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Been asking the same thing. A lot of people aren't going to spend $7k on a rebuilt transmission but would love to utilize a flash for increase line pressure, etc. I figured this would be discussed more than the rebuild since it would target a lot more people.
Its funny because that is a link to a thread I started and was a major contributor to that forum. I was top ten reputation. I'm banned over there because I kicked Joseph out of the N5X Enthusiast group for going full retard being the arrogant and disrespectful and classless person he is. Now apparently my forum URL is also blocked on this site, though I've never even posted a single link to it publicly. Sounds fishy to me, you can ban this account and delete my posts if that's where this posts leads me if that is how its going to be, Terry. Oh well I guess. Only been a member here for seven years and never caused any trouble. Sometimes politics gets ahead of common sense.

Regardless, you're exactly right. Most people aren't going to be spending 7-8k+ shipping across the world and back. But some are. And thats good for them they have an option. If I ever decided that 700-800whp wasn't sufficient, then I'd absolutely be looking directly at the nizpro upgrade option. But thankfully, my power goals, at least for now, should be covered within a more digestible 4500 dollar investment from a domestic provider.

And for those who would like to try and tinker with the software and make improvements, there is this TCU flashing option, which will only cost in the hundreds. I don't know how realistic it is to say we'll see a lot of performance increase in a reasonable time frame or at all, but there is always that chance, so I'm happy to see people chase that path as well. In fact, I think that both the Nizpro and this TCU flash are incredibly interesting. But having it all calibrated normally just seems like a no-brainer to me, rather than being a guinea pig. Luckily for me and others, some brave folks will do that work for us. I'm excited to see what happens on all three fronts.

Last edited by klipseracer; 11-16-2016 at 07:20 PM..
(#25)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 11-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Well, that's too bad about the software side being on hold.

It's getting real cheap to source the needed AT -> MT parts these days...