N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2276)
Old

Car: BMW E91 LCI 335xi
Default 04-06-2016, 06:08 AM

Is it possible that if you limit boost lower than stock boost is, that might cause problems?

Stock boost is ~8psi and you limited 1st gear to 5psi.

335i LCI xDrive AT, JB4, ***, Stage1 LPFP, MHD E85 flash.
(#2277)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi touring
Default 04-06-2016, 06:17 AM

I did that after I had the issues with V5. In V5 the limits were not turned on. I haven't had any issues since messing with the limits - I've only started the car three times though.

I honestly don't think the boost is causing the issue though. The car would go into limp mode after a minute idling in park. I like to let the car run for about 5 minutes before driving it.

It may just be a issue my car had and then the extra power slowly pointed it out to me, its just odd it mainly does this in park.

My car is up there in miles 118,000... I only put 3000 miles on the car before adding the MHD tune so it is still new to me somewhat. But in the 3000 miles before MHD I never had an issue. I've logged 570 miles since MHD...

The reason I did the boost limits were only because of the high mileage. I plan on getting new turbos just not in the next few months...
(#2278)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 04-06-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenCo535xi
I was wondering if anyone has used AMIDuOS as an Android emulator on their computer to install MHD? I have a laptop that I can use and am trying to avoid having to buy a separate device just for this.
Just an update, running MHD on AMIDuOS did not work, it said the ECU was not detected. I am thinking this might be because the most current OS they offer is lollipop 5.1.1.

Also tried Bluestacks and that did not work either. Looks like I am going to have to buy a cheap android device

Last edited by DenCo535xi; 04-06-2016 at 06:51 AM..
(#2279)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 04-06-2016, 10:46 PM

I paid $50 for a tablet. All I use if for is MHD and MP3's. For the money it's a no brainer IMO.

MHD,
How does one upgrade the MAP Sensor? (MHD flash only)
(#2280)
Old

Car: E92 335i -07
Default 04-07-2016, 04:08 AM

Since changing to an M3 3.15 diff, what values do I need to change?
I read something about that it is not enough to change the "Rear Axle Ratio" under transmission but that I needed to recalculate the "Gear Ratio Calculation" tables as well. How would I go about doing that?
Would this make the speedo read correctly besides making the tune work better?

Also, Is the n54 euro-spec specific xdf-changes still needed for me in Sweden on on the latest xdf and backend? I mean 2c77, 2c78, 2c7b, 2c7c, MAP Max Voltage and Torque Monitoring Ceiling.

Edit:
After a bit of searching, I found this thread:
http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...ar-Calculation

But after a bit of fiddling with the numbers on a gear calculation site, I've come to the conclusion that the numbers under "Gear Ratio Calculation" must be calculated from another diff or something. I just choose and arbitrary number until I found something that matched 2.86 seems to be close enough.
1st is 96 (7000/72 = 97(.222~)
2nd is 75 (7000/121 = 57(.85~)
And so on...

Could anyone confirm that if I calculate my max kph in each gear by one of these online gear calculators, I should just plug in the numbers I get from that into the two Gear Ratio Calculation tables and change my Rear Axle Ratio?
With tire size accounted for the numbers I should plug in would be:
1st gear 66kph (7000/66 = 106(.06~)
2nd gear 111kph (7000/111 = 63(.06~)
3rd gear 169kph (7000/169 = 41(.42~)
4th gear 225kph (7000/225 = 31(.11~)
5th gear 267kph (7000/267 = 26(.21~)
6th gear 307kph (7000/307 = 22(.80~)

Last edited by liket; 04-07-2016 at 05:22 AM..
(#2281)
Old

Car: BMW N54 335i
Default 04-07-2016, 11:19 PM

I tried loading the MHD flash earlier today, set JB4 to map 0, latest firmware, took a few tries but MHD seemed to be communicating briefly to start flashing the JB4 backend pump flash ije0s, however shortly after I got a message "unable to delete files" and was not able to communicate with the ecu since then. I tried starting the car and it cranks but wont start. I accessed the dash voltage reader and saw it was only getting 11.1V with my headlights and a/c off.

I am thinking I need a larger battery charger to recharge my low battery. I thought I read somewhere the low voltage will cause the dme to become unreadable/unwritable. I am hoping I can just charge it back up and will be able to re flash successfully. Do I have any other options to try to reflash to stock besides MHD?
(#2282)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 04-08-2016, 05:57 AM

Anyone getting an SES light but no codes? Seems to be happening to me more often.

Noticed MHD now asks what transmission you have when flashing a Back end map.
(#2283)
Old

Car: 335xi 2008
Default 04-09-2016, 05:09 AM

With MHD is possible to save the stock flash before flash with backend flash ?

'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB4 G5 iso|MHD bef Race|Hexon rr600|inlets|stage 2 fuel pump|N20 tmap 3.5|Chargepipe|Diverter valve|RB pcvalve|BMS Meth kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL **|BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|HELIX fmic|CDV|H&R coilover|10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, before new turbo and inlets...new results soon...11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph 7.9,
(#2284)
Old

Default 04-09-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader
With MHD is possible to save the stock flash before flash with backend flash ?
Yes simply hit backup the ECU and then you can use flash back to stock if needed
(#2285)
Old

Default 04-09-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott60158
I tried loading the MHD flash earlier today, set JB4 to map 0, latest firmware, took a few tries but MHD seemed to be communicating briefly to start flashing the JB4 backend pump flash ije0s, however shortly after I got a message "unable to delete files" and was not able to communicate with the ecu since then. I tried starting the car and it cranks but wont start. I accessed the dash voltage reader and saw it was only getting 11.1V with my headlights and a/c off.

I am thinking I need a larger battery charger to recharge my low battery. I thought I read somewhere the low voltage will cause the dme to become unreadable/unwritable. I am hoping I can just charge it back up and will be able to re flash successfully. Do I have any other options to try to reflash to stock besides MHD?
Solved: I got a larger 12<>30amp schumacher charger, charged battery, unplugged negative terminal for a minute and was able to connect to MHD it said my ecu was in recovery mode but it let me do the stock reflash. I just finished flashing the pump backend now. So MAKE SURE YOU GET AT LEAST A 12AMP CHARGER to make it through the flash otherwise if your battery gets too low during the flash your ecu will go into recovery and its a bitch.
(#2286)
Old

Car: 2010 535xi
Default MT shift bog fix - 04-10-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
Yes it's available for backends too. See below the current list of flash option (top always available, bottom stand alone flash only):
If I used MHD to flash the PUMP BEF and forgot to enable the bog fix in the options, do I need to re-flash the entire thing and check the box to apply it or can you update the options in a shorter flash?

6MT, JB4, DCI, BMS Pump BEF
(#2287)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by as3.0cl
Anyone getting an SES light but no codes? Seems to be happening to me more often.

It's only supposed to ask in narrow instances. Like IJE0S with DCT. Because in that version they need to disable the "RACE" logic to avoid problems with DCT shifting. Might still be something Martial is working on.

Also needs a KR flash time option. The bogfix option I'm not sure if its on the BEF flashing option. I have not fully tested it and have some doubts about the tables commonly changed there. So use with caution.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2288)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335 E92
Default 04-10-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's only supposed to ask in narrow instances. Like IJE0S with DCT. Because in that version they need to disable the "RACE" logic to avoid problems with DCT shifting. Might still be something Martial is working on.
I'm I8AOS and when I flashed yesterday there were a few transmission options including "AT with Alpina flash" which I checked. Nice to see this progress.

JB4 G5 w/BMS MHD backend flash | MOTIV 750 | 100% E85 | MOTIV port injection | Fuel-It Stage 3+ LPFP | Akrapovic Exhaust | DSS Axles | DEFIV lockdown kit | Quaife LSD
(#2289)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-11-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster400
I'm I8AOS and when I flashed yesterday there were a few transmission options including "AT with Alpina flash" which I checked. Nice to see this progress.
Isn't this only selecting what you already have? Surely it doesn't perform the Alpina flash as well.

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, ** and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#2290)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster400
I hope not, under the load a JB4 BEF options. Loading a JB4 BEF should have a very narrow list of selections which we've discussed with MHD directly to ensure no mapping conflicts are created.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2291)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 04-11-2016, 11:44 AM

I tried the v6.1 maps open data testing. I chose the E-85 (40%) option including
AT with Alpina Flash. I put menu 4/3 no BEF and the car is just flying. Boosting
22PSI with the Boost option also for $40. I tried 4/2 but boost is to linear , play with
the menu 11 and 12 up and down and still to linear.I do hit 22 psi , but not as fast
like menu 4/3.
(#2292)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2016, 11:46 AM

Better log it. Sounds dangerous if boost is up to 22psi on E40.

Burger Motorsports

(#2293)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 04-11-2016, 01:48 PM

ok I will do that. Do I need more ethanol to be safe??
(#2294)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i N54
Default 04-11-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I hope not, under the load a JB4 BEF options. Loading a JB4 BEF should have a very narrow list of selections which we've discussed with MHD directly to ensure no mapping conflicts are created.
Yeah i was given the same option to choose transmission. I too chose A/T with Alpina Flash...

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF **|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC
(#2295)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 04-11-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenCo535xi
I was wondering if anyone has used AMIDuOS as an Android emulator on their computer to install MHD? I have a laptop that I can use and am trying to avoid having to buy a separate device just for this.
I have had few positive results with emulators. I recall bluestacks didn't work, but virtualbox did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse
@MHD Can you provide a bit of technical detail on what the MT shift bog fix does? Thank you
this - thanks @V8Bait!
http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...004#post690004

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays 335i
where in tunerpro can i adjust for cold morning turbo rattle? i have tried the mhd flash using 3 different minis and two diiferent cables also 2 diff. tablets using bimmerboost flash right now and had jb4 but sold it on the 335 for newer one....yeah i should have removed it but would very happy to have this answered.
Cold start duration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.george
whats the cheapest android phone suitable for running MHD properly?
The Lenovo A7 is a good pick, or a refurbished Nexus 2013, or for the cheapest, a Dragon Touch Y88X Plus.
(#2296)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 04-11-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1
I paid $50 for a tablet. All I use if for is MHD and MP3's. For the money it's a no brainer IMO.

MHD,

(#2297)
Old

Default 04-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
i like mhd more and more,
wondering when bluetooth/wifi version will be available,
and wondering if you plan to have boost target change only flashing.. like changing maps on jb4
also, you could show MT options in case if car does not have 205 option in VO only, it would simplify interface for users.
Don't hold your breath for BT, I am still doing preliminary testing. So far only one brand of adapters were fast and reliable enough.
Changing maps is certainly considered. It is the most involving firmware mod though. So other mods will appear first.
I agree partly for the VO parsing - need to check DCT too. For the jb4 backends that would be enough, for the MHD OTS maps we set up the mqp differently if the user has done the Alpina flash mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54wagon
Hello,
This is my first post, I'm new to the online BMW community. I've always had german cars, just never BMW's. Recently I purchased a 2008 535xi touring (AT), I absolutely love it. These forums have been great...

So on to my car - The only things I have done to it is add an afe intake and I bypassed the exhaust flap solenoid in the boot of the car.

I added the MHD stage 1 V5 93 octane map on my car last week. My initial thoughts were I loved it of course. Its definitely a smooth map. My car pulls hard, shifts smoothly, and sounds amazing. I've never heard this much airflow from stock turbos before (I've had several turbo cars including my past favorite the audi 2.7 bi turbo). This map definitely did the trick and for the money it's a steal. I paid 4 times as much for my APR audi tune years ago....

So here is the only negative issue I have personally had with the MHD tune. After installing it into my car within the first 24 hours my car started up 2/6 times and threw itself into limp mode while in park. Then the next day pulling slowly out of my driveway in drive the car threw itself into neutral and then limp mode, also giving idrive error park may not work. As these issues are a little annoying they aren't deal breakers (unless this happens while I'm going a decent speed or in traffic).

Each time these errors happen I just simply shut the ignition off remove the key and arm and disarm the alarm and the issues are gone... So it hasn't been a deal breaker yet. Before the MHD the car never once had any issues...

Yesterday I installed the new V6.1 and I also did the limit power per gear option. I limited boost to 1st-5psi 2nd-10psi 3rd-15psi. I didn't really have any real theory behind my limits they just sounded reasonable to me. So far its been 24 hours and I have only started the car 3 times, all without issue.

I will give updates as I drive more and more.

Again, I really LOVE this flasher and tune. MHD is an amazing app. These little software hiccups haven't been a deal breaker.
Issue being handled per email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1
MHD,
You simply get either the 3.5bar+bms adapter, or 4bar bms packagage, then reflash your current map with the proper 3.5 or 4bar option checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott60158

Issue handled per email, battery charging was needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by as3.0cl
For jb4 backends, this has an effect only for DCT users to check the backend map boost ceiling is stock (1.28 bar).
(#2298)
Old

Default 04-11-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx
If I used MHD to flash the PUMP BEF and forgot to enable the bog fix in the options, do I need to re-flash the entire thing and check the box to apply it or can you update the options in a shorter flash?
Just do a reflash with the option checked (2 mins).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
I tried the v6.1 maps open data testing. I chose the E-85 (40%) option including
AT with Alpina Flash. I put menu 4/3 no BEF and the car is just flying. Boosting
22PSI with the Boost option also for $40. I tried 4/2 but boost is to linear , play with
the menu 11 and 12 up and down and still to linear.I do hit 22 psi , but not as fast
like menu 4/3.
Quote:
Better log it. Sounds dangerous if boost is up to 22psi on E40.
the v6 maps are targeting at most 18.5psi. I'd be glad to see how the jb4 handles the boost target with a log. Are you hitting 22 psi on 4-3 or 4.2?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatz86
Yeah i was given the same option to choose transmission. I too chose A/T with Alpina Flash...
See the previous post about trans choice - DCT.
(#2299)
Old

Car: E91 335I
Default 04-12-2016, 05:39 AM

Stupid question, but which MHD Map is appropriate for a 2008 N54, brand new turbos, mitshi fmic, 3" ***** **, debaffled straight through rear section, injen dci, forge charge pipe with 3" bov running on 99RON?

And what likely benefits would I experience over just using my current JB4? I read a bit about "if you have an auto, the mhd backend makes a big difference" - what was this in reference to?
(#2300)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 04-12-2016, 05:46 AM