N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 E92 335xi
Default VK Motorwekrs ******* ********* for 335xi - 01-12-2016, 09:39 PM

I recently purchased 335xi vk motorwerks ******* ********* however when I dropped it off at my local bmw shop they said that the ***** were not fitting correctly. The shop said they could bend the ***** just enough for it to fit so I decided that instead of having the shop change the car back to stock for the same price as just going forward with the install I told them to continue. The shop did say there is a possibility that they will rattle? Anyone have similar problems? My guess is vk never tested the ********* on a xi car so they just said they would fit without actually trying it before hand. Any suggestions are also welcome!
(#2)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 01-12-2016, 11:28 PM

If they are following the guides for xi, that is the problem. The front ******** goes in first followed by the rear.

Otherwise your theory. VRSF fits perfect with front first, rear second. 99.9% impossible the other way even though it looks so close. I made it happen once. Once I realized the correct way, no longer an issue.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E93
Default 01-13-2016, 02:40 AM

You should seriously consider returning them and just get some cheap and proven ones from VRSF. There is very little room down there for clearance. Even with any of the most widely used and proven CL***, tightening them before perfect alignment will likely result in rattling.
(#4)
Old
H O O N

Car: Ein M
Default 01-13-2016, 07:31 AM

VK Motorwerks, wow that's a name I haven't heard in a while. I don't recall anyone having fitment issues on the XI, VK did a test fitment along with another customer.

I assume you bought them second hand? iirc VK hasn't been around since 2010.

H O O N