N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5576)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2012, 12:14 PM

With RBs you need our flash for proper fueling. Almost no one needs the 3.5 bar map sensor, though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5577)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Ah I see. Is it still safe to run RBs without the BMS Flash?

I was hoping to run the G5 ISO + E85 with the big twins.
(#5578)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityazndan
Ah I see. Is it still safe to run RBs without the BMS Flash?

I was hoping to run the G5 ISO + E85 with the big twins.
Nope, that isn't going to work on the fueling end. Your only hope of running RBs without the flash would be one of our meth kits to help fill in the fueling gap.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5579)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Damn, I was thinking the E85 would fill in the fueling gap in place of meth. I guess the dyno chart with E85 and RBs was with the backend flash?

So there's no chance of running larger turbos on pump gas
(#5580)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Sure, if you don't mind making 430whp. If you expect anything over 450whp on E85 you'll need the flash. Maybe you could do 475rw on MS109 instead of E85 if you really wanted to waste your time trying to push things without the flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#5581)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nope, that isn't going to work on the fueling end. Your only hope of running RBs without the flash would be one of our meth kits to help fill in the fueling gap.
i got the 3 bar adapter on the way...flash next month...So I guess they run out of fuel and lean out without the flash? Guess I will have to take it easy until I get the flash lol!!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#5582)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2012, 12:27 PM

Meth masks many of the fueling problems. But if the plan is E85 only then you MUST have the flash to attempt to make any sort of serious power. Many stock turbo guys need the flash just to properly fuel at the 420rw level on E85.

Burger Motorsports

(#5583)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Well I'm sure 450-475whp on race gas isn't anything to scoff about or deemed a complete waste of time. I'll patiently wait for a more integrated approach then, jb5 (?lol).

The HPFP still seems to be the one factor limiting the N54 platform.

EDIT- I'm just paranoid of meth in the boot.

Last edited by cityazndan; 11-06-2012 at 12:49 PM..
(#5584)
Old

Car: VO 1M
Default 11-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Hello N54ers,

So quick questions. I am planning on going ISO with my G5 board this weekend. To get things straight. I cut the two little diodes from the board and upload the ISO HEX with the new interface found on the JB4 sticky. Then after I have uploaded the new firmware I select G5 ISO 1m/335is (since i have a 1m) and then hit restore defaults? or do i not hit restore defaults.

Also with the new interface do i still have to manually set lag fix, pid gain, pid damper, and wastage adaption value? If I do have to do them manually are they the same for the 1M as opposed to a normal n54? If not do these get uploaded when restore defaults button is hit?

Thank you
(#5585)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 11-06-2012, 03:04 PM

run 50/50 in the trunk and its perfectly safe. I just got mine installed and im addicted!! If i was gonna do i all again, i would just go JB G5 ISO, ********* *** and meth.. All you need in my opinion for serious power increases

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#5586)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Hello N54ers,

So quick questions. I am planning on going ISO with my G5 board this weekend. To get things straight. I cut the two little diodes from the board and upload the ISO HEX with the new interface found on the JB4 sticky. Then after I have uploaded the new firmware I select G5 ISO 1m/335is (since i have a 1m) and then hit restore defaults? or do i not hit restore defaults.

Also with the new interface do i still have to manually set lag fix, pid gain, pid damper, and wastage adaption value? If I do have to do them manually are they the same for the 1M as opposed to a normal n54? If not do these get uploaded when restore defaults button is hit?

Thank you
(#5587)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 11-06-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes cut the diodes, upload the ISO firmaware, select 1M and then restore to default, you need to change also the specified values on the G5 ISO thread, that's it (I got a 1M too, is the same for normal n54) You can put the lag fix to 80 it's ok.
(#5588)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM

With the new interface G5 ISO 1M is now an option so that will have all the correct defaults.

Burger Motorsports

(#5589)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 07:28 PM

So let me get this straight. With the new interface I only cut the diodes, upload the firmware, select 1M from the drop down menu and then hit "restore defaults"?

Thank you
(#5590)
Old
Veteran Tuner

Car: F30 335i xDrive ///M Sport
Default 11-07-2012, 03:37 AM

Any firmware updates for this one in the works?

F30 335i ///M Sport
996TT = Sold
E82 = Sold
E70 = Wifes

www.carolinaeuros.com
(#5591)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM

No G4 firmware in the works at this time. All recently development has been on the G5 ISO related to features that only work on that board. But as we release new features, etc, that are compatible with the G4 board we'll definitely continue to keep the G4 firmware up to date.

Burger Motorsports

(#5592)
Old
Veteran Tuner

Car: F30 335i xDrive ///M Sport
Default 11-07-2012, 06:10 PM

I figured as much

F30 335i ///M Sport
996TT = Sold
E82 = Sold
E70 = Wifes

www.carolinaeuros.com
(#5593)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-08-2012, 12:00 AM

I don't like this new G5. It's like it's the new baby that gets all the attention and now my normal Jb4 is the middle child that gets ignored.

I still think a 0-60 timer even if it wasn't horribly accurate would be very well received.
(#5594)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 11-08-2012, 01:54 AM

Anyone running the G5 iso board with a 5 series e60, or is this not possible? I keep hearing about selecting 1M or 335is but I am trying to understand this better.
(#5595)
Old

Default 11-08-2012, 06:52 AM

Hello,

I believe that running the G5 with an e60 you select the regular G5 settings since the car is a normal N54 or if your running it with isolated boost then G5 iso. Email terry and double check with him
(#5596)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM

I have a 08 535i and running G5 iso.
(#5597)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 11-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_535i
I have a 08 535i and running G5 iso.
What other mods are you running?
(#5598)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suii
What other mods are you running?

My mods so far: JB4 g5 iso, BMS DCI, BMS WW meth kit, Terry's DIY kickdown blocker.
(#5599)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Wowsa, got mine in tonight. Only running map 1 until I get my ********* back on. Feels amazing
(#5600)
Old

Car: 135
Default 11-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Can't wait to try rev C with my MT! The iso is awesome at wot but low throttle has been giving me problems and I'm really hoping rev c will smooth that out. Will provide some logs when i get home from my travels. Really cool that Terry keeps the progress going so fast. Can't wait to getback to my car. This rental is such a pos, loll!

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+