N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5551)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 11-04-2012, 08:18 AM

I'm excited to be implementing this ISO upgrade. The weather is cooling off here on Florida's west coast, and I'll be heading out to Bradenton Motorsports Park next Thursday for test & tune night. I hope to see a lot of the Tampa Bay area guys there again.

Question: what is the name/location of the latest Interface we should be using with the G5 ISO clipping mod and the ISO_11 firmware? I do have the BMS flash to load using the Cobb AP. (I'm a little confused, and don't want to bug Terry today). THANKS!

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#5552)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM

The latest interface is in the JB4 sticky.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5553)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mills
Just a thought..... Is there any way to simulate the DME's control of the wastegates during a cold start? My car's wastegates while using the ISO software made the wastegates rattle like castanets. Now, this was with a setting of "0" on the lagfix, but still.
Each DME version is different. Most are a setting of 30-60.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5554)
Old

Default 11-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The latest interface is in the JB4 sticky.
Right on! I'm on it today.

(#5555)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM

Just as a reminder support requests are deleted from these thread without being read. Use the support section, or email if you need direct support.

Burger Motorsports

(#5556)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 11-04-2012, 12:43 PM

Well just uploaded the ISO firmware. Haven't driven yet, what exactly does this do? Advantages are there? I did it because Terry said no more G5 updates so might as well as do this now.
(#5557)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Guys if I change the CPS values on my G5 ISO board without the extra wires, what can happend ??
(#5558)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM

HI im new with the jb4/tuning stuff. I have searched a lot and tried to learn as much as possible about this stuff as i can.so heres my question: when i downloaded the interface and connected to my laptop, i got a sign saying i didnt have the update g5 interface..or something like that. did i miss a step? i downloaded the interface from the sticky, then uploaded the firmware for g5, snipped the diodes.the car runs good, no codes or anything..
(#5559)
Old

Default 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Jon, as I understand it, go to 'settings' and pull down the 'motor' menu and choose "G5 ISO w/BMS flash".

(#5560)
Old

Default 11-04-2012, 05:06 PM

I didn't see a G5 ISO w/BMS Flash. There is no ISO option.
(#5561)
Old

Default 11-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Nevermind just say there is a new download for the interface. What is the difference between G5 ISO & G5 ISO W/BMS Flash.
(#5562)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2012, 06:15 PM

If you have the BMS flash, select that option. Otherwise don't.

Burger Motorsports

(#5563)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2012, 11:07 PM

As another reminder support requests are deleted without being read. Use the support forum for assistance or email if you need direct support.

Burger Motorsports

(#5564)
Old

Car: e92 N54 335i
Default 11-05-2012, 04:51 AM

Terry anyway to access the CANbus to allow the gauges to be lite when the car is started? I always enjoyed that feature in my previous S4 and comes in handy in low-light situations that don't warrant the need for headlights just yet.
(#5565)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 11-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw loe
Terry anyway to access the CANbus to allow the gauges to be lite when the car is started? I always enjoyed that feature in my previous S4 and comes in handy in low-light situations that don't warrant the need for headlights just yet.
You can have the car coded to have the gauges lit up all the time. Looks great with dark windows and white gauges!

JB4, PT5858 ST, 3.5" exhaust, VMR V710, KW V3 coilovers, Wavetrac LSD, AKG subframe and diff bushings- Hybrid Ovations, Jehnert Doorboards, IDMax15 and 2 Arc Audio 1200.6 amps, white gauge cluster
(#5566)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 11-05-2012, 09:53 AM

Did I read that right? Map 4 targets the base maps boost target? Finally! Long overdue.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#5567)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Yes! Try it out. If you can find any gas over there.

Burger Motorsports

(#5568)
Old

Default 11-05-2012, 10:53 AM

What is stock boost anyway? I read 8.8psi, but that seems high. Map 0 I don't think I was targeting past 6 preiso.

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#5569)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM

DME BT is the OEM boost set point. You can open an old log and check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#5570)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes! Try it out. If you can find any gas over there.
Pft I work near the CT border, gas lines aren't too bad out there.

I'm more peeved that both stations with E85 are shut down.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#5571)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 12:28 AM

Just a few questions on a few things I am confused about with the JB4 G5 Board:

1) When the ISO firmware is loaded into the board is it a "default setting" kind of thing or do I have to change values around with a laptop?

2) Are the maps the same as the JB4? Like Map 2, 5, 7 etc?

3) Can I just install the SLD and not the CPS? I dont even know what CPS is haha

Thanks!
(#5572)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
Just a few questions on a few things I am confused about with the JB4 G5 Board:

1) When the ISO firmware is loaded into the board is it a "default setting" kind of thing or do I have to change values around with a laptop?

2) Are the maps the same as the JB4? Like Map 2, 5, 7 etc?

3) Can I just install the SLD and not the CPS? I dont even know what CPS is haha

Thanks!
Use latest interface to select the G5 ISO and then select restore defaults. Maps are the same. Yes SLD wires only can be installed. CPS is sort of obsolete these days with the bms flash but there for those few that need them.

Burger Motorsports

(#5573)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Can't wait to put the iso board and rb turbos in. gonna hold off on the 3.5bar TMAP though...we'll see what 17-18psi gets me haha.
(#5574)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 11-06-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityazndan
Can't wait to put the iso board and rb turbos in. gonna hold off on the 3.5bar TMAP though...we'll see what 17-18psi gets me haha.
Your gonna want that 3.5 bar map and the custom BMS flash for the best gains.
(#5575)
Old

Default 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Yeah but spending 600$ on an AP, then another 130 for the sensor and PnP harness for maybe 20whp?