N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli S Q4
Default 07-18-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sorry the oil change light is not something we've looked at. As far as diagnostics it's just basic OBDII code read/delete and data logging for example.
Okay, thank you Terry! I went ahead and ordered a couple nights ago, I知 sure I値l be active on here going forward!
(#352)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nateghibli13
Okay, thank you Terry! I went ahead and ordered a couple nights ago, I知 sure I値l be active on here going forward!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#353)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 07-23-2020, 04:57 PM

Hi Terry

So I raised my boost safety all the way to 25 before my last time out and even on map 3, I triggered a boost too low error which caused a CEL.

Any advice?
(#354)
Old

Default Just installed! - 07-24-2020, 03:17 PM

So I received my tuner in the mail a couple days ago and went through the installation process after work tonight. Everything is working great, all except for the gauge displays on the app. The display will show which Map I知 on, but RPM, A/FR etc just reads zero. Anyone else had this happen?
(#355)
Old

Default 07-24-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
So I received my tuner in the mail a couple days ago and went through the installation process after work tonight. Everything is working great, all except for the gauge displays on the app. The display will show which Map I知 on, but RPM, A/FR etc just reads zero. Anyone else had this happen?
OBD2 plugged in?
(#356)
Old

Default 07-24-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
OBD2 plugged in?
Yep, I even unplugged it at both ends and plugged it back in to verify. Still no connection.
(#357)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Make sure it's connected like this. If you need addl help then just email in to support@burgertuning.com, perhaps the OBDII cable itself is faulty.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#358)
Old

Default 07-25-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Make sure it's connected like this. If you need addl help then just email in to support@burgertuning.com, perhaps the OBDII cable itself is faulty.
I値l double check everything in a little bit. Thanks Terry!
(#359)
Old

Default 07-27-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry it痴 been a few days, I forgot to reply! I double checked all connections again, including position of green and brown wires, and everything is where it should be. Still no values reading other than which Map setting I知 on. Possibly faulty wire to OBDII?
(#360)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2020, 04:10 PM

If you need personalized support just email in with a few install photos!

Burger Motorsports

(#361)
Old

Default 08-02-2020, 10:10 AM

Hi Terry - I ran into the low boost issue again. Was on Map3 and had raised my boost safety to 25psi. Unfortunately the app disconnected and it didnt capture the log.

Any ideas?
(#362)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Just grab a log next time it comes up or under similar conditions!

Burger Motorsports

(#363)
Old

Car: 2015 maserati ghibli
Default 08-08-2020, 01:13 PM

I have been running 100% E85 on map 5. I hope that is ok if not or I should be on another map please let me know. Thanks
(#364)
Old

Car: Sq4 2014 ghibli
Default 08-13-2020, 08:08 AM

I think the max is 40% mix. I am curious about how it is running at 100% E85?
(#365)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli
Default Throttle stops going over 35% - 08-13-2020, 05:10 PM

Hi, have you guys ever seen where the car doesn't open the throttle all the way, mine has been doing it intermittently lately and I have tried different maps - some times happens on full throttle acceleration and sometimes out of the blue, usually goes back to normal after shutting off for a while. It normally does it without a CEL, I get a 430 alot from my larini turbo back but today was the first 299 code. I'm running 94 octane with Lucas octane boost on map 5 and 3 -see attached log for when it did it to me today, pulled out to pass on the highway and it happened. I thought I had a wastegate problem until I noticed the throttle on this log
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M5_R6_200813_1706.csv (27.6 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Andy_H; 08-13-2020 at 05:30 PM..
(#366)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganBence
I have been running 100% E85 on map 5. I hope that is ok if not or I should be on another map please let me know. Thanks
We suggest around 30% E85 max. The tuning is not setup to accomidate more than that and may result in fault codes, rough idle, etc, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#367)
Old

Default 08-14-2020, 08:11 PM

As a follow up to my last post here is a log of when it randomly doesn't go full throttle - if I notice and lift completely off the pedal and floor it again it usually will open the throttle. It's very puzzling to me, this time I was on map 3
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M3_R2_200814_2045.csv (7.7 KB, 38 views)
(#368)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2020, 08:58 PM

It seems like the ECU is in a "low boost" state when this happens. Does this come up often?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#369)
Old

Default 08-14-2020, 09:02 PM

Yes, most of the time at least once per drive, I thought I was having wastegate issues until I noticed the throttle on the logs. There was no CEL or any pending codes either.
(#370)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2020, 07:59 AM

Does it appear on map0?

Burger Motorsports

(#371)
Old

Default 08-15-2020, 08:16 AM

I'll give that a try next week when I'm driving it and let you know, thanks! Do you see anything in the logs that might be triggering the ECM to do that?
(#372)
Old

Car: 2015 maserati ghibli
Default 08-15-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
We suggest around 30% E85 max. The tuning is not setup to accomidate more than that and may result in fault codes, rough idle, etc, etc.
thanks for the response. I attached 2 runs with 100% E85 on map 5 and the weather was 101 outside. Ill be going down on the E85 but wanted to share this information
Attached Files
File Type: csv P22_M5_R1_200815_115614.csv (12.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv P22_M5_R1_200815_115727.csv (36.3 KB, 36 views)
(#373)
Old

Car: 14' Maserati Ghibli S Q4
Default 08-15-2020, 12:44 PM

Had a very bizarre experience a few weeks ago. Was driving up the highway at "freeway" speeds, I mellowed out for a few miles and when I went to punch it again it felt like my turbos weren't even boosting. I was going about 70 and it took about 15 seconds to get to 90. No CEL; no rough idling... nothing. I turned off the car for about an hour and came back and it ran like there was nothing wrong with it. Map 2. Didn't get a log. But figured I'd keep you in the loop.

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
(#374)
Old

Car: 2017 Ghibli
Default Jb4 - 08-19-2020, 03:13 PM

I have a 2017 Ghibli that won't connect to mobile. It keeps timing out at the handshake part. Any help ?
(#375)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbool215
I have a 2017 Ghibli that won't connect to mobile. It keeps timing out at the handshake part. Any help ?
Assuming both are brand new or close to it best to email support@jb4connectkit.com, include a photo of the JB4 mobile kit and it's placement.

Burger Motorsports