N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E90 335
Default Looking for a MMP stage 3 CHRA - 07-12-2020, 11:09 PM

Good day.

Looking for anyone who can assist?

1. N54 CHRA for mmp stage 3 turbo (front turbo)

Reason for it posted below.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has had any luck with contacting Mauricio / MMP engineering since April. I have been running a stage 3 setup since early 2018, and in March 2020 the front turbo packed up with damage to the blades. I made contact with MMP via email, and he promptly replied. At the Time South Africa was in the process of going into a Hard lockdown due to covid pandemic, and i wasn't yet sure how imports etc were gonna work. In April I made contact once again to purchase complete CHRAs, but to my surprise the website just said the following and continues to be displayed 3 months later.

WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ORDERS IN ORDER TO CATCH UP WITH OUR CURRENT :RUSH OF ORDERS AND WILL OPEN BACK UP TO TAKE ORDERS SOON"

Eugene was kind enough to reply and say he will follow up toward of April when I tried every email address kn the website, and 2 days later said he is resigned. Continuous emailed every so often are sent, but no replies. I have been sitting since march without my car being repaired, as I was by hoping I would recieve some reply from Mauricio. However, I'm starting to wonder if they still operating.

Has anybody else purchased, or been in contact with them recently?
(#2)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 07-13-2020, 04:48 AM

I don’t know for sure but from what I’ve heard on other forums is that MMP is no longer in business.

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
BMS DCI - BMS OCC - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VRSF 7.5 RACE FMIC
VRSF DPs - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS
BMS PEDAL TUNER - RB PCV VALVE - 3.5 BAR TMAP
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 2 LPFP - H&R SPRINGS
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2s
(#3)
Old

Car: e92 335xi
Default 07-13-2020, 08:02 AM

General: MMP dead/done?
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 07-14-2020, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiriD
Good day.

Looking for anyone who can assist?

1. N54 CHRA for mmp stage 3 turbo (front turbo)

Reason for it posted below.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has had any luck with contacting Mauricio / MMP engineering since April. I have been running a stage 3 setup since early 2018, and in March 2020 the front turbo packed up with damage to the blades. I made contact with MMP via email, and he promptly replied. At the Time South Africa was in the process of going into a Hard lockdown due to covid pandemic, and i wasn't yet sure how imports etc were gonna work. In April I made contact once again to purchase complete CHRAs, but to my surprise the website just said the following and continues to be displayed 3 months later.

WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ORDERS IN ORDER TO CATCH UP WITH OUR CURRENT :RUSH OF ORDERS AND WILL OPEN BACK UP TO TAKE ORDERS SOON"

Eugene was kind enough to reply and say he will follow up toward of April when I tried every email address kn the website, and 2 days later said he is resigned. Continuous emailed every so often are sent, but no replies. I have been sitting since march without my car being repaired, as I was by hoping I would recieve some reply from Mauricio. However, I'm starting to wonder if they still operating.

Has anybody else purchased, or been in contact with them recently?
+1 I don’t know if any other dealer like VTT may offer a replacement CHRA that fits on the MMP stage 3 and 1K, that would be really great.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#5)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 07-14-2020, 09:06 AM

Probably going to be tough to find anyone to service them at this point, as anyone who jumps onboard with a repair only will become responsible for their demise in the future.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#6)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 07-14-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Probably going to be tough to find anyone to service them at this point, as anyone who jumps onboard with a repair only will become responsible for their demise in the future.

Rob
Turbohackamerica will be all over it. They upgrade RB’s and sell RB replacements

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2s, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#7)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-14-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Turbohackamerica will be all over it. They upgrade RB’s and sell RB replacements
They may have refurbished some N54 RB Classics over the years but honestly I'd be surprised if they have done over a couple sets, and more than likely it was only the one they made a video over.

To the OP anything is worth checking into, but we wouldn't touch these things with a 10' pole; CHRA balancing/build aside there are too many housing machining issues which seem to be destined to fall back into the same problems sooner than later.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#8)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 07-17-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Turbohackamerica will be all over it. They upgrade RBs and sell RB replacements
LMFAO!

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
BMS DCI - BMS OCC - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VRSF 7.5 RACE FMIC
VRSF DPs - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS
BMS PEDAL TUNER - RB PCV VALVE - 3.5 BAR TMAP
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 2 LPFP - H&R SPRINGS
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2s
(#9)
Old

Car: E90 335
Default 07-31-2020, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. Turbos have been removed from the car and stock turbos put back in. An extremely expensive over the 2 years they were on. Took us an entire year just to finally develop a custom outlet for RHD vehicles. Gutted to be on stockers, but at this point I just want the car back on the road. Thanks again for all the input guys��
(#10)
Old
Stalker

Default 08-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiriD
Thanks for the comments guys. Turbos have been removed from the car and stock turbos put back in. An extremely expensive over the 2 years they were on. Took us an entire year just to finally develop a custom outlet for RHD vehicles. Gutted to be on stockers, but at this point I just want the car back on the road. Thanks again for all the input guys��
Just read on another forum that MMP is back in business, perhaps they can get you a response now.